The Game ''The Documentary'' AMAZING TRACKLIST, u gotta see

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eventhough i feel the game is just a industry made E-gangsta, the songs on this album are tight. "hate it or love it" "how we do" and "put you on the game" are my faves. kanye's "dream" has really really warmed up to me as well. it seems every other producer on that album outshined dre tho lol.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea kanyes dream is tight as hell, i got the jerry butler sample he used and couldnt help remaking that beat !
hate it or love is another good kanye track, but yeal ike you said dre came sub par on this album how we do is pretty basic tbh hopefully hes saving all the good beats for himself and detox !

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i honestly thought the song with eminem was one of the best.

yeah, yeah, i am king of the em haters i suppose, but i call it like i see it, and i loved that beat and the whole song in general.........

funny thing though, the two beats im really not feeling are dre beats, lol.......... everything else is great to me. the two dre tracks i hated were how we do and westside story... the first singles, go figure.

"where im from" was a great beat if you ask me.

"special" was.....uh.... kinda fruity to me though.

all in all i have to say, he has a great debut.

i know he had great producers behind him, but so did talib kweli (lets see.. he had just blaze, midi mafia, kanye, and the neptunes and dropped a hot shitrock....) so thats not really valid to me.

i guess hes got potential, but on his own, without the expensive packaging, the cameos and all that, he isnt much to write home about to me.....

let me break down every game verse:

1. how gangsta he is
2. how hes nwa's heir apparant
3. how he is putting the west back on the map
4. how he is from aftermath
5. how dre is great
6. how he was shot.
7. how you havent been shot
8. how he is a blood
9. how his album is comparable to illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt, etc (why the fuck the fugees "The Score" never gets mentioned in this category is a fuckin tragedy if yuo ask me....)
10. how he is the next "great" mc in hip hop

thats the albums content, in a nutshell.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:

1. how gangsta he is
5. how dre is great
6. how he was shot.
8. how he is a blood
9. how his album is comparable to illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt, etc (why the fuck the fugees "The Score" never gets mentioned in this category is a fuckin tragedy if yuo ask me....)

1. he is gangsta
2. he has massive respct for NWA and Eazy-E, why not show it?
3. he really really IS puttin the west back on the map
4. aftermath is definately somethin to be proud of
5. Dre is the best producer in hip hop ever, and he pulled game out the hood
6. bein shot 5 times isnt too easy to forget
7. he mentions quite alot that bein shot is absolutely nothin glamourous or to be proud of
8. well he isnt a crip
9. i would put his album next to illmatic, just listen to the beats and the flow and the amazing talent which game is full to his neck with.
10. i believe this.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
uh. sure ok, sure thing....

you talk like i was trying to discredit him or something, which i wasnt,

the point was..... this is the whole damn album. thats it. thats all he talks about. comparing his mc ability to illmatic is ludicrous man, i know its subjective and all but lets be realistic....... its apples and oranges.....

nas brought up so much shit, so many lines that made you think about something in a new light, descriptive, vividly detailed songs, told stories, i mean the works... game talks about those ten things- wiht slight deviations here and there- but thats it. thats all.

its pretty funny, i mean it seems you missed the point. you are trying to prove the truth in his topics, which i did not debate. but since you want to debate........

listen to "dreams", i mean come on now, the first seven bars show how limited his rhyme scheme is..

"…..two thousand and one
…two thousand one
….album is done
……. Volume one
… the outcome
…….. Doggystyle in one
…..trial was done"

uh.... "one/done/one/done/outcome/one/done".. vs "the essence of adolence leaves my body, now im freshened.."

its really no contest man.

illmatic had ONE CLASSIC, TIMELESS guest spot. ONE. game has one on damn near every track..

Illmatic=LANDMARK, influential, THOUGHT PROVOKING album.

Documentary=solid debut backed by the biggest, most influential label with a stranglehold on all media outlets....read: deep pockets and great marketing.

game is an average mc at BEST. he is marketable. he is backed by what is currently the best selling and most influential label in radio rap.

HUGE difference

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
1. he is gangsta
2. he has massive respct for NWA and Eazy-E, why not show it?
3. he really really IS puttin the west back on the map
4. aftermath is definately somethin to be proud of
5. Dre is the best producer in hip hop ever, and he pulled game out the hood
6. bein shot 5 times isnt too easy to forget
7. he mentions quite alot that bein shot is absolutely nothin glamourous or to be proud of
8. well he isnt a crip
9. i would put his album next to illmatic, just listen to the beats and the flow and the amazing talent which game is full to his neck with.
10. i believe this.

sAfE.

man i liked this album and im all for sticking up for the game but man you just discredited everything you said but saying i would put this album next to illmatic ! DAMN ! I woulnd't even put it next to illmatic in my fuckin CD rack !

on other notes he may have massive respect for nwa etc but damn dre woz in nwa and he didnt rep that hard !
I liked the album but hes not the most talented rapper in the world, hes got not massive amount of lyrical talent but wot he can do its write a song and pick good beats which shouldnt be underrated as plenty of so called hot MCs cant do this !
im gonna keep playing this album coz its good but hes not sum rap messiah imo

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
^^^^^ exactly my point on the albums strengths.

1. good beats
2. great marketing
3. built-in fan base, what with him being a 50 "lite" and dre putting him under the g-unit banner and all...
4. hooks from 50 and nate dogg.....
5. 80 percent of his tracks have the words "featuring......." in the credits....

yeah, that all testifies to his greatness, yup, SURE DOES....

ems first album didnt have any of these perks........ dre was still considered washed up, and didnt produce most of it. 45 king did a lot of it if i remember correctly. ems album had two guests: royce and dre. he stood on his own... nas stood on his own... big and jay stood on their own...... game has help and guests for fuckin days on his album, he did not carry it himself like all of the albums he keeps trying to compare it too. if i

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
shit have'nt heard it don't got nothing to say but i got some pop corn to read yall post very intersting, and even tho i have'nt heard the album i know and i will put mony on it cold spoke the truth as always

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
^^^^^ exactly my point on the albums strengths.

1. good beats
2. great marketing
3. built-in fan base, what with him being a 50 "lite" and dre putting him under the g-unit banner and all...
4. hooks from 50 and nate dogg.....
5. 80 percent of his tracks have the words "featuring......." in the credits....

yeah, that all testifies to his greatness, yup, SURE DOES....

ems first album didnt have any of these perks........ dre was still considered washed up, and didnt produce most of it. 45 king did a lot of it if i remember correctly. ems album had two guests: royce and dre. he stood on his own... nas stood on his own... big and jay stood on their own...... game has help and guests for fuckin days on his album, he did not carry it himself like all of the albums he keeps trying to compare it too. if i

good points man its becasue hes a weak rapper im not dissing him but hes only been rapping a year and a half now hes not strong enuff to carry a whole album on his own yet i think he probably will be eventually hes got skills no doubt but hes been carried through the first one ! really he should have been given time to develop as an artist make him work for his right for the album then put him out !
The album is good don't get me wrong but don't be fooled by it !
like cold said em did hes own album, nas did, jay-z did game isnt on that level yet AT ALL, even 50 pulled off a great first album imo with a lot less help than the game !
all the above artist are legends with the exception of 50 for now, they are all a level above no matter wot you think of ppl like em or woteva they realy are on a much higher skill level !

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
thats all im sayin!

its a solid debut.

but to put him with albums that were legendary and deeply influential, with artists that went on to stellar careers (ok, biggie died prematurely.........),, its a bit much to put him on that pedastal..

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ok ok but in a few years when he develops, if he dont get shot, he's gonna go down as an all time great.

about the illmatic thing.... yeh we all got our opinions and i love illmatic (i even got the platinum edition), but i think it's kinda overrated (i honestly think 'Capital Punishment' is better)... come on 10 tracks.... people will just say it cant touch illmatic etc. right now coz The Game is brand new.... in 5 years time i think The Game's album will get the same level of respect. just like Doggystyle does and all these dudes first albums.

Cold, you say he's an average emcee at best... i think thats a bit of an understatement... with all this bullshit comin out like J-Kwon and Chingy, you seriously cant put him on their level man. Dre wouldnt of signed an average emcee.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
dre would have signed an average mc, because he is abuot MAKING MONEY.

chingy is *below* average lets be real now.

and btw, countless classic albums from all genres have been 12 tarcks or less, i dont know where you get this "only 10 tracks, come on" thing from. its called "10 QUALITY tracks". there was NO filler.

give me one great line from game. give me something to back that up, give me a verse to justify your stance, i gave examples of why i felt he was mediocre........ he does nothing great, everything good enough to get by. this album has great production. THATS IT, come on now. be real about it.

im listening again, maybe i am missing something. maybe he really is doing something revolutionary like the rest of those dudes...

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yes the album is good! Good productions etc... I've bought the album and I don't regret it but there are too many featurings to say that The Game is a great rapper. I mean 2 say a great rapper 2 me, is that kinda rapper who can carry an album by himself like Em, Nas, Jay-Z... I'm not a rapper and my english is bad, but with Dre, J. Blaze, Kanye etc... on production and MJ Blige, 50, Nate, Em on featuring, I betcha that if I make an album it will really help me!!

I love this verse of Nas :
My first album had no famous guest appearances/ the outcome, I'm was crowned the best lyricist/many years on this professional level/why would you question who's better?

It was my 2 cents :p

One

Lo'Nye

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:

1. how gangsta he is
5. how dre is great
6. how he was shot.
8. how he is a blood

and now my thoughts,,,from the breakdown,,,
1. Umm, who really cares
2. NWA was cool, but every song was the same.
3. The West needs shine, but there's other talents better
4. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
5. See No 4
6. Sells records.
7. I havnt been stupid enuff to get shot/shot at.
8. Grow the fuck up...
9. I couldn't get through 2 joints. (as an MC, I can't NOT listen to just the beat)
10. Ummm, No and No. But that's opinion.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
dre would have signed an average mc, because he is abuot MAKING MONEY.

chingy is *below* average lets be real now.

and btw, countless classic albums from all genres have been 12 tarcks or less, i dont know where you get this "only 10 tracks, come on" thing from. its called "10 QUALITY tracks". there was NO filler.

give me one great line from game. give me something to back that up, give me a verse to justify your stance, i gave examples of why i felt he was mediocre........ he does nothing great, everything good enough to get by. this album has great production. THATS IT, come on now. be real about it.

im listening again, maybe i am missing something. maybe he really is doing something revolutionary like the rest of those dudes...

Game:

I had visions of makin' a classic,
Then my wall turned black - like I was starin outa Stevie Wonders glasses

Used to see 5-0 throw the crack by the bench,
Now i'm fuckin with 5-0 it's all startin to make sense

They say every time somebody die a child is born
So I thank the nigga who gave his life for the birth of my son

just a few quotes.

i know Nas is a better emcee than Game (Nas has been my favourite rapper for years), Nas spits that deep abstract shit while Game tells stories in his lyrics you see what im sayin? they different, its east coast/west coast, so you will have your own tastes.

and i am being ''real about it'', you'll see in the coming years, Game is gonna be remebered.

sAfE.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
Game:

I had visions of makin' a classic,
Then my wall turned black - like I was starin outa Stevie Wonders glasses

Used to see 5-0 throw the crack by the bench,
Now i'm fuckin with 5-0 it's all startin to make sense

They say every time somebody die a child is born
So I thank the nigga who gave his life for the birth of my son

just a few quotes.

i know Nas is a better emcee than Game (Nas has been my favourite rapper for years), Nas spits that deep abstract shit while Game tells stories in his lyrics you see what im sayin? they different, its east coast/west coast, so you will have your own tastes.

and i am being ''real about it'', you'll see in the coming years, Game is gonna be remebered.

sAfE.

LOL hardly contender for best lyrics, he gets slaughtered lyrically by a lot of rappers out now, like cold said good marketing, producing etc etc has more than helped him !
Maybe he will be remember but you don't have any proof of that, he has done nothing yet to prove that he is going to be a legend except drop a good ( note i said good not great ) album with some help from his friends !

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
like cold said good marketing, producing etc etc has more than helped him

not forgetting a good voice lol.

nah but seriously, i havent said anywhere that he is lyrically amazing, or that he's better than Nas or anything, but it isnt always about that ya know. it's what they stand for etc...

example: Nas IMO is easily on Biggie's rhyming level, if not better (dont kill me for sayin that, notice the IMO) But Biggie gets massive massive respect and still has millions of fans because of his whole style and everything about him (not to mention the most famous beef of all time...).

sAfE.