Beat This! Beat This! Competition - September 18-19, 2024

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 846
@crog85 almost pulling it off after being away for awhile.
Almost… Could’ve picked a better beat to submit, but just wanted to ease back into things… test the waters, ya know

@crog85 nice one
Aww… u vote for me, thats cute :love: but yea, mix couldve been better. The beat is over a year old, and when I played it back last night I thought about trying to clean up the mix a lil… but I aint got time for that… crog got a baby now! :holyshit:

Last edited:
Almost… Could’ve picked a a better beat to submit, but just wanted to easy back into things… test the waters, ya know

Aww… u vote for me, thats cute :love: but yea, mix couldve been better. The beat is over a year old, and when I played it back last night I thought about trying to clean up the mix a lil… but I aint got time for that… crog got a baby now! :holyshit:
congratulations sir, I didn't know that. hope they turn out to be an absolute mobster lobster like their dad. can't wait to hear their beats!

Earsblower

Listen closely... Closer...
Battle Points: 100
Congrats @TWU , that was dope and evn tho I voted @crog85 either could've won. It was a tough choice.

@K-waz that was sumthin else man ! I really loved it, it was unique, refreshing and dope af. Don't know why you haven't placed or anyone didn't mention you but that was freaking insane. I really liked it.

@Iron Keys oh so that was you with the reused drums... My memory lacks right now but was it only the stuttered hi-hats that was reused ? Still a dope beat too.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 11
big congrats to @TWU, this was a special beat this!
@crog85 @Bandia Gotach @TOXIN were my favs. especially toxin's. the mix/production needs work but his shit feels iranian in a weird way.

also thought biggchev was Iron while voting until I heard Iron's n realized okay, this level/sort of mix is him. seriously tho @BiggChev u should be drilling the mf for feedback. I feel like he can help you get your mixes towards the quality/mood that your production style calls for.

For real!!! I really like @Iron Keys music. And I take it as a compliment you thought it was me.

Not making excuses, but I really wanted to get in on this battle and submitted an old beat from 2015. Unfortunately, due to several computer crashes over the years, I didn't have the stems to fix the mix. Either way, I'm glad I entered the battle and while I missed voting (in conference all day today and tomorrow) I enjoyed listening to the beats the community submitted!

thebeatscook

"If you can't take the heat then..."
Battle Points: 56
hey congrats TWU! and good job on all of the contestants who participated. The beat that won I recognized some kinda a Lo-Fi/boom bap style beat is that what you were going for?

Reactions: TWU

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 593
@Iron Keys oh so that was you with the reused drums... My memory lacks right now but was it only the stuttered hi-hats that was reused ? Still a dope beat too.
You mean the kind of transition sound?

Yeah I reused it, but edited it slightly from track to track, maybe on one it ended up the same or less different. But least it's a completely custom sound made from 1 dry crash hit.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 593
@K-waz that was sumthin else man ! I really loved it, it was unique, refreshing and dope af. Don't know why you haven't placed or anyone didn't mention you but that was freaking insane. I really liked it.

With great respect to @K-waz you reminded me I came to drop some,

K, you went overboard on whatever high/high mid boost you did. It's overly harsh and piercing, and the imaging feels a bit off too. I had to pull the plug on that track quick due to it. Nothing wrong with the beat but those piercing mids on the mix.