Beat This! Beat This! Competition - September 18-19, 2024

• beat this! voting starts in...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
also ngl, I'm surprised futureproducers is still running. I religiously stayed away from there for like years. wonder who their Armani is.
It's not the same site. They were bought out by a company a few years ago that just slapped a bunch of ads on it and they most likely also email the members with links to buy shit.

It's happened to a lot of old forums that are still around.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

as if that's not what we proudly have here already? gotta keep people in check. keep their heads collected. like welcome to the real world jackass. if you can't take it futurefaggots.com is always open for new members.
If Ive learned just one thing over all these years of making music, its that artistic types have very fragile ego's. While taking a beating in battles can keep the ego in check and keep your feet on the ground, until you have gone through that process you might just still think your shit don't stink like everybody elses, and any slight against somebodies fragile feelings might just tip them over the edge. Seen it here over the years and seen it first hand in the studio.

It's not the same site. They were bought out by a company a few years ago that just slapped a bunch of ads on it and they most likely also email the members with links to buy shit.

It's happened to a lot of old forums that are still around.
shit. I just had an idea. we can email their users to flock over here so we can bully them. they have some guy called xandar or something with like 40k messages, I'm pretty sure he can spend his money here if he's still alive.

also I was thinking of uploading video articles on my vanguard fm yt channel and labeling it "Sponsored by ILLMUZIK" hoping it'd get us a new share of bored beatmakers. not sure if I'm putting my pc through all that anytime soon tho. at least not when I can't afford a replacement in case shit goes downhill.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
shit. I just had an idea. we can email their users to flock over here so we can bully them. they have some guy called xandar or something with like 40k messages, I'm pretty sure he can spend his money here if he's still alive.
LOL no thanks. FYI, I've had a few of those companies email me wanting to buy ILL. They wanted to do the same thing with the forum. I laughed.
also I was thinking of uploading video articles on my vanguard fm yt channel and labeling it "Sponsored by ILLMUZIK" hoping it'd get us a new share of bored beatmakers.
That would be dope! Use the logo if you want: https://www.illmuzik.com/images/ill_logo.png

If Ive learned just one thing over all these years of making music, its that artistic types have very fragile ego's. While taking a beating in battles can keep the ego in check and keep your feet on the ground, until you have gone through that process you might just still think your shit don't stink like everybody elses, and any slight against somebodies fragile feelings might just tip them over the edge. Seen it here over the years and seen it first hand in the studio.
wait- first hand in the studio??

wait- first hand in the studio??
Yes, Ive had singers have full breakdowns in the studio. One singer started crying because she thought I said her take was shit, and I didnt. I asked another why she wrote songs she was unable to sing, that quickly ended that partnership.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, Ive had singers have full breakdowns in the studio. One singer started crying because she thought I said her take was shit, and I didnt. I asked another why she wrote songs she was unable to sing, that quickly ended that partnership.
LOL @2GooD Productions the Simon Cowell of beatmaking.

LOL @2GooD Productions the Simon Cowell of beatmaking.
Man, I spent hours recording her shitty vocals, notes that were out of her vocal range that she just couldn't hit. One minute she said she wanted to be a song writer, as she was okay at writing them, it was when she tried performing them that it all went wrong. I gave up a lot of time for fucking free trying to get a decent vocal from her and it never did happen, I think at the point I said what I did, Id about had enough of trying to wrap a ribbon on a turd so went full SyCo

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man, I spent hours recording her shitty vocals, notes that were out of her vocal range that she just couldn't hit. One minute she said she wanted to be a song writer, as she was okay at writing them, it was when she tried performing them that it all went wrong. I gave up a lot of time for fucking free trying to get a decent vocal from her and it never did happen, I think at the point I said what I did, Id about had enough of trying to wrap a ribbon on a turd so went full SyCo
Well that's understandable. From a production standpoint, time is money and you can't be spending time in the studio with someone that you have to teach. It's like those old American Idol tryouts and people think they can sing because their friends tell them they're good, then when they face actual judges they get rejected and their whole life falls apart.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590

The best engineers I've met, and one's I've seen also, are very gentle. Almost like counsellors or something, soft spoken from the control room too when just instructing no critique.

However, one of the most experienced I worked with, we had these kids that and formed a band, one of their dads dropped 'em off and chucked down some money. At one point, engineer had to tell them "look, you need to go home and practise to a metronome. Keep practising to the metronome until you get your timings down. They were so off, you'd have to be pulling almost every strum back it just wasn't feasible in anyway. And that's a paying customer.

Dif Engineer I'm learning from, was basically saying similar above. Had some times when he had to kinda step outside the usual realms and be clear to the client, and in those cases you can lose the client, but sometimes you have to, otherwise you're putting your name to something that will just look like you did crap work.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@2GooD Productions producing in the studio:

Music Video Remix GIF

They were so off, you'd have to be pulling almost every strum back it just wasn't feasible in anyway. And that's a paying customer.
I recorded a guy playing guitar that was so bad I literally had to tell him the exact same, to practice to a metronome, the timing was all over the place and I wasn't committing to that time investment to fix it when a motherfucker should just practice his timing better. It was really really bad, and he thought he was really really good, was really excited and everything.