what did u start producing with?

D

Droopz

I started out scratchin and samplin my pops' old rock records. Then went to my local shop and picked up a roland mc-303 and made beats on that for a long time. Thats really what got me into it makin beats now i use reason 2.5 with a midi controller and been beat makin for 5+ years now.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
FT Dub beginnings

I began with 2 belt drive turntables from the pawn shop, a mtx mixer, a 12 second roland phrase sampler, and a tape deck. I worked with that for about 4 months before i found an sp1200 at a pawn shop for $650. I never looked back. Some of my most creative tracks came from that phrase sampler and tape deck.

K

kwantize

i started out whit a tape deck pauce mixing .then i got a sp12 years later and emu eps i wish i never sold my emu sp12 .....

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
i started wit my mpc2000xl and my puter.I'll still rock both till they pry them of my dead body!!!

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Cold Truth said:
i started out with a Motif ES, MPC 4000, Pro Tools, and a PowerMac G5.

yeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhh. right. i STILL dont have that kind of setup. 4 years later.

i started with a tape deck, dead serious. i looped "money, cash, hoes", "brain damage", and "nas is like"....

LOL....I started out with Cool Edit 96. Using the PC's default recorder, headphones, and a portable CD player, I went to town looping from my mother's gospel CDs. After a few years with that I found out about Ejay, then Fruity Loops. i think I'm ready for hardware (2000xl) now.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
asr 10 was the first peice i bought, but fuked with tables before that

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I found myself in a fortunate situation right off. When I started getting into producing, I was taking a general music class at my high school. The deparment had no budget, so they were usingkeyboards from 20 years ago. Analog, original keyboards from 20 years ago. So, I rounded up a few shitty, but newer keyboards and traded the music teacher for the his old analog ones. I ended up with a Juno 106 and a Korg Polysix. I had bought a Dr. Groove, and used the three together.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
well i started off making beats with the hammerhead rhythm station and i give it up for that shit i still use it sumtimes

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn I thought I posted in this thread.

Shit I started as (and still am ) a dj. Shit I had acess to so much stuff since 13 yrs old and never took advantage of it.

Found a gemeni belt drive tt on top of the garbage a guy just threw out when I was 13. It had nothin wrong wit it. Did odd jobs packed baggs @ the super market and bought a cheap pickering needle for it for $25 and gemeni scratch master mixer for $50 on the ave.

By 15 my brother karate teacher was a dj also and was basicaly pimpin me havin me dj parties for her (yes her. She was a ill dj too) and not payin me ( also had me carryin equipment.) But hey I was 15 using 1200's and a big sound system shit I was happy.

Had a alesis sr 16 drum machine.
Music generator
Tascam 4 track
My cousin had da boss drum machine ( da black and orange 1 dat u could program bass on too)

Sophmore, junior year of high skool interned in a local studio. Had acess to a mpc 2000 but never realy used it.

I use reason 2.5 with a korg microkontrol now.
And have acess to a mpc 2000 xl and triton studio ( my cousin who 1nce had the boss drum machine)

But to be honest I haven't made a beat in a month. Djin gigs and doing mixtapes has taken my time and focus.

I hope to get a mpc 2000 xl of my own soon cause I hate sittin @ my computer makin beats.

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I started off using alot of computer programs and the public library. I think starting out that way helped alot because you learn to use what you have. I learn how to use midi and it gave me enough time to see what I would really need to make music. Also what equipment was right for me. I would tell anyone that is starting to read as much as they can and go to the music store and try stuff out first. It will save you a ton of money in the end.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
a demo of fruity loops, then 3 months later i got myself a mpc2000xl.......now got a fantom x-7