what did u start producing with?

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i had one of them gemini mixers with like a 5 second sampler that you could pitch the sample up and down... then between that and an old belt drive turntable and riggin up two tape players together i would somehow throw some shit together... i think its good to start out on some garbage shit though... forces you to learn, and appreciate new equipment

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
lmao
some of y'all are ghetto fabolous.
I started out with a PC with mtv music generator. The first one!
My mtv disk was destroyed on some gangsta... (long story)
So I moved on to acid and FL. I also have a rare midi synth/ keyboard.
And I 've been making beats for 4 years.

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
helix said:
Damn ART!
I hope u know how lucky or fortunate you are.

OH I DO THATS WHY WHEN I COME ACROOS SOMEONE WITH A TALLENT AND A HUNGER TO MAKE BEATS. I WILL GLADLY HELP THEM IN ANY WAY I CAN. MOST PEOPLE ARENT AS FORTUNATE AS I WAS SO I GIVE BACK WHENEVER I CAN.

A

ACEBEATZ

With wut?

a fuckin hip-hop ejay program then i realized i liked it enough to put money and do my own beats.

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i started with 2 tape players a 80$ casio keyboard and a mike and i used to make beats over my beatbox since the keyboard didnt have any bass and record the beat and me beatboxing in the mic and then play that out loud on my other tape player and recorded me rapping over it on another blank tape

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Back in the day, the first thing i made a beat on was a piece of shit alesis drum machine and some midi keyboard...thats all i remember

Peep my beats in the artist section

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
i started with 2 tape players a 80$ casio keyboard and a mike and i used to make beats over my beatbox since the keyboard didnt have any bass and record the beat and me beatboxing in the mic and then play that out loud on my other tape player and recorded me rapping over it on another blank tape

that's grimey! lol.. Hey, my rule is "whatever you can do to make it sound good." So i feel that dawg.

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I used to remix songs I recorded from KDAY (old school LA hip-hop station on the AM dial - anyone here remember Uncle Jam's Army?) My boombox only had a single tape so I had to plug a walkman into it for mixing. I would put a blank tape in the boombox and the original in the walkman. Then I'd play/pause/play/pause until I had my remix! On a few of the tracks I even added my own vocals that I dubbed from an old reel-to-reel my dad gave me. My first attempt at making my own beats was on a DR-220 drum machine which I still have to this day.

ill o.g.
J-Walk,
I used to do shit just like that. I remember that i used to think it was high-tech too. I thought that was how everybody did it.

its been a long time...

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I started with a Yamaha PSR-230 (low end keyboard meant for school kids) that I got from fingerhut on this girls credit...

I later bought a soundblaster live! for the midi in's and borrowed a copy of nuendo1.0 and there it was, my first song that sounded real bad.

the drivers on my sblive weren't asio compatible so it skipped and I missed the beat real bad cuz there was like a 1 second pause between hitting a key and hearing anything.

Eventually, I found the kx project soundcard drivers for the sblive which has "hacked" asio drivers and I was in heaven. Eventually got nuendo for myself and hooked on flstudio for the beat compositions (drums) cuz it's easier than typing out the beat on a keyboard through nuendo..

layer the two over eachother in cooledit, mixdown master and pimped...

this is pretty much what I use now, but I'm hoping to get much better shit when I win the lottery or find someone to invest heheh.

A

ACEBEATZ

with nothing hot

hip-hop ejay software to see if i like makin music.

Then i upgrade software slowly, from cakewalk to acid to fruity to reason.

Then buy hardware stuff, and now i work with midi, modules, synths and vsti.

Holla Ace

T

Tello_CHI

1992-Ensoniq EPS, Alesis sr-16 drum machine, Yamaha 4 track. Tight beats but hella hiss and noise prevented demo quality. 2004-Korg Triton Pro

O

ola

This is what hip hop and creativity is all about we are all genuises in our own right to be able to make tracks from the littlest things and come up with something ill. I did the tape deck thing also back in the day then i moved up to an mpc now i am married to fruity loops till death or sex do us part

g@Vin c@$h

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I made my very first beat on the playstation. hahahahahahahahaha It was so terrible to.
But when your still in junior high and you wanna make some music you gotta get mommy and daddy to buy you something. I know they werent' gonna dish out for turntables or a sampler for me so i got them to buy me the music maker thing on playstation.

B

Boltz

I started making shit in Windows 3.1 on my parents 486sx, I would put a cd in and rip a wav then cut little pieces from it with the sound recorder that comes with windows. It had 4 megs of ram so this was a slow process.

XpLiCiiT

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I started producing with FL and then went on and switched to Reason which i still use today along with recycle...oh and my computer and a midi keyboard

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i started out renting mtv music genorator on the playstation then i would hook the tape recorder up to my grandma's home theator then i would record it, then i would go to school the next day and let every body freestyle to my beats i thought they was the stuff but they was wack.

Could not offord to buy it so i would rent it every time i could get a chance untill i saved up enough to buy it.

now i use a casio keyboard wit a computer that can't play midi.

but its all gravy baby,can't wait till i get my summer job

ps. looping tapes, dang i know that was time consuming