THEN:
F-LOOPS 2, GOLDWAVE, ACID PRO

NOW:
FL STUDIO, GOLDWAVE, COOL EDIT PRO, ACID PRO 4.0, REASON 2.5, N-TRACK

H

Haterade

Hahaha- top this ya'll:

a 8 sec gemini sampler
2 vcr's (one to record the beat, the other sync'd up to record the vocals)
a reciever w/ a tape recorder
radio shaq mic (that sounded like a megaphone!)

Ah, to be 15 again, looping "Close the Door" by Teddy Pendergrass with the "Funky Drummer" break slowed down, rapping about what?

Video games, basketball teamates, and the senior girl in my Geometry class. :p

MikeMiz

ill o.g.
A Cyrix 686 166mhz (pentium compatible) computer with cakewalk 4 or 5 (I forget) and a general midi soft synth called wingroove. That sh*t had like a 1 second delay and i had to play it on the computer keyboard (with the letterz, not keyz..lol).

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by Haterade
Hahaha- top this ya'll:

a 8 sec gemini sampler
2 vcr's (one to record the beat, the other sync'd up to record the vocals)
a reciever w/ a tape recorder
radio shaq mic (that sounded like a megaphone!)

Ah, to be 15 again, looping "Close the Door" by Teddy Pendergrass with the "Funky Drummer" break slowed down, rapping about what?

Video games, basketball teamates, and the senior girl in my Geometry class. :p

I feel that!

M

mbiafb

i started with two cheap turntables and an old dr rhythm drum machine. no midi only about 8 sounds.

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Started with a roland midi trigger board and a Eps16+ with 8 bus outs on
it is a matter a fact i still use it foe sampleing somtimes!!!!!!!

S

Swift

Yo some of you guys are lucky. I started out using all free downloadable programs. I had ModPlug and Audacity. I downloaded free samples from the internet. Thats all I had to work with....... Hold up, why am I using past tense? I still use that shit. But now I got a Edirol PCR30 midi controller and a M Audio 2496 sound card. I am getting Cakewalk XL soon though. So, can anybody top that?

P

pReMise

fruity..then and now...**3 years later*** does alotta shit wen u master it......

ill o.g.
I started off with these turntables i got from a home theatre system, and i always scratched and shit on those until i got my Str8-60's. Then i did beat jugglin with those, id just juggle that same break from a track then record it. Then i'd juggle like some horns or something, and record it on a different tape player. Then id juggle something else, and record it to another tape player. Then id rewind them all and play them back at the same time. It was like a homemade analog sequencer.

After that i always used a little boss drummachine that was like 100 years old and $40.
Then my sister got a casio keyboard for christmas.... ....she hasnt seen it since then....

Now i use reason sometimes, i use my step brothers MPC sometimes, my friend has an old ensoniq, and i just use what i can get my hands on. (until i get my own MPC. Then its OVER!!)