We've lost our way

// start rant

I feel the need to post this because I see how things are going and I'm putting a stop to it.

IllMuzik was created as a space for beat makers to come together and chill, make beats, give/get feedback, and talk mainly about music production stuff. I don't see a lot of that going on now.

The Showcase is a very valuable place for everyone yet only half actually leave feedback. However, one main thing I've noticed is the lack of discussion about music production. How come no one posts about some new gear that just came out? Or an update to some software that has some dope new features?

Just yesterday I was trying to figure out why Kontakt kept telling me I was in demo mode (this had been going on for a while), so I updated to the latest version, now I'm good. I also noticed some other updates and started playing around with some cool sounds that I didn't have before.

Rarely do I see posts about "hey check out this guy making a beat with X controller" and there be a few pages of replies.

I get it. The world right now sucks. Everyone's pissed off. Social media is just utterly awful and it bring out the worst in people. But that's not happening here. It's been creeping in and I don't like it.

If you're someone that wants to come here and shit on someone's beats - don't. If you want to argue because you lost a battle - get over it.

Go back to the lab and make better beats. Sack up.

I'm not dealing with this anymore. All of us on here have enough bullshit to deal with in our personal lives, we don't need it here. Take that shit to Twitter and Facebook where no one cares there either but will sure enough take the time to argue with you about whatever meltdown you're having.

I want us to get back to helping each other with feedback but also to just discuss regular stuff.

Stuff like this: "Who's your favorite big name producer right now? What's he/she using? Have you used that gear/software? Oh cool, maybe I'll check that out because I just found this tutorial - here it is for everyone else to check out."

This is what I'm talking about. We need to return to being an actual beat making community rather than a community that just happens to have beat makers in it.

We all know ILL is a one of a kind spot, so why not treat it as such?

// end rant
I mean if it wasn't for people being so passionate about it that they start to be annoying, the battles would've been pointless, so in a sense you're being sensitive to the sensitivity as well. do y'all really want a world where we all come clean and do the battles and leave? who's gonna make the penis jokes?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
talking of losing their way, b real and storch doing trap.

j/k

I saw a bunch of these a few days ago. I'm not really a fan, based on what I know Storch can do. He kinda didn't do anything with it. He could go beyond and really make it something special, so dunno if these are throwaways or.

The thing LLB posted that sounds like he maybe collabed with Timbaland... that sounds like it got that Storchy juice!

Tried bumping the B Real stuff, but ain't been doing it for me(think there was maybe one good one cant remember), so moved to a different sub/genre for timebeing.

Will be interesting to see which way Dre decided to go with whatever he's working on.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @LiveLargeBeats other guy in the B-Real track is DJ Paul who is only listenable as part of Three 6 Mafia.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I think i got one because i thought i had the c ports…turns out they were thunderbolts or something on my MacBook but the name is often the same. Just to confuse people lmao
I’ll see if i can find em and what connection the other side has. I’ll let you know..

edit: where do you live? :LOL: Could be getting an expensive cable if ur outside Europe lol, than best bet is to pick ur lazy ass to the store lol
Same country... And these thunderbolt/mac cables are still waaaay too overpriced, gahd damn shits expensive.

Battle Points: 153
Same country... And these thunderbolt/mac cables are still waaaay too overpriced, gahd damn shits expensive.
@Andante Bro i got 1 thunderbolt to usb-c and 1 smaller usb-c to usb-c cable for ya. Let me know if you need any of these buddy (y)
Bought that thunderbolt some time ago to try run my audio interface to it, but (atleast the older models) MacBooks can’t connect devices tru it..and i was too lazy to return it lol.

Reactions: TWU

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@Andante Bro i got 1 thunderbolt to usb-c and 1 smaller usb-c to usb-c cable for ya. Let me know if you need any of these buddy (y)
Bought that thunderbolt some time ago to try run my audio interface to it, but (atleast the older models) MacBooks can’t connect devices tru it..and i was too lazy to return it lol.
Thanks bro, appreciate that. But I think that's not what I'm looking for.

I looked it up and actually need something like this for my MPD:

Indeed, thunderbolt 3 and usb-c look identical...

Battle Points: 153
Thanks bro, appreciate that. But I think that's not what I'm looking for.

I looked it up and actually need something like this for my MPD:

Indeed, thunderbolt 3 and usb-c look identical...
€56….damn o_O

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Just saw the two comonazi posts by @2GooD Productions , glad I wasn't here or it would of gotten full blown... he said what I actually try to work to fight. Anyhow, those two long posts said it well, though much more could be said. +1 is all I am sayin.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
All of your beats suck.

Including my own.

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
the younger millenials are misinformed by their communist teachers who are subverting our childrens education to make them hate their own country, their own history, and to put them at conflict with each other, the puppetmasters, the globalists, who wish to eradicate private ownership for everybody but themselves, "The Great Reset" and usher in a global dictatorship using the Chinese model of communism for the whole world, creating a dystopian nightmare the which of the world has never seen. North Korea for the world, with nowhere to run or hide. Everybody equally enslaved under their elite overlord masters regardless of race, religion or creed. Thats where the world is rushing headfirst. Thats why the world has become an absolute joke. The west is being demoralized, to accept a totalitarian nightmare that George Orwell tried warning us of.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
LOL.

Hey it's been a while! What's good?
I’ve been chillin brother. Just being an old DJ/former producer holding on to what little youth i have left. Just got home from a gig. Good times.

See ill is still going strong…..

And @2GooD Productions won 3 B!s in a row?????

Daaammnnnn

I’ve been chillin brother. Just being an old DJ/former producer holding on to what little youth i have left. Just got home from a gig. Good times.

Daaammnnnn
Im just being an old producer/former dj

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
How/where @Sucio was your gig and what was the crowd like?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Daaammnnnn
Nice. Good to see you're still doing your thing. Yeah @2GooD Productions has been paying me off.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Nice. Good to see you're still doing your thing. Yeah @2GooD Productions has been paying me off.
lewd blow me GIF

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
How/where @Sucio was your gig and what was the crowd like?
It was in Lake Mary Florida. Just outside Orlando, FL .

The crowd was excellent as usual. It was for the annual Santa Pub Crawl. A bunch of drunk people dressed in their christmas best (worst) having a blast on a Thursday night.

Prepping for a block party on NYE. It's always fun to DJ and then be paid handsomely for it. Should've been doing this instead of producing all these years. I would've made more money this way.

members online