We've lost our way

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
// start rant

I feel the need to post this because I see how things are going and I'm putting a stop to it.

IllMuzik was created as a space for beat makers to come together and chill, make beats, give/get feedback, and talk mainly about music production stuff. I don't see a lot of that going on now.

The Showcase is a very valuable place for everyone yet only half actually leave feedback. However, one main thing I've noticed is the lack of discussion about music production. How come no one posts about some new gear that just came out? Or an update to some software that has some dope new features?

Just yesterday I was trying to figure out why Kontakt kept telling me I was in demo mode (this had been going on for a while), so I updated to the latest version, now I'm good. I also noticed some other updates and started playing around with some cool sounds that I didn't have before.

Rarely do I see posts about "hey check out this guy making a beat with X controller" and there be a few pages of replies.

I get it. The world right now sucks. Everyone's pissed off. Social media is just utterly awful and it bring out the worst in people. But that's not happening here. It's been creeping in and I don't like it.

If you're someone that wants to come here and shit on someone's beats - don't. If you want to argue because you lost a battle - get over it.

Go back to the lab and make better beats. Sack up.

I'm not dealing with this anymore. All of us on here have enough bullshit to deal with in our personal lives, we don't need it here. Take that shit to Twitter and Facebook where no one cares there either but will sure enough take the time to argue with you about whatever meltdown you're having.

I want us to get back to helping each other with feedback but also to just discuss regular stuff.

Stuff like this: "Who's your favorite big name producer right now? What's he/she using? Have you used that gear/software? Oh cool, maybe I'll check that out because I just found this tutorial - here it is for everyone else to check out."

This is what I'm talking about. We need to return to being an actual beat making community rather than a community that just happens to have beat makers in it.

We all know ILL is a one of a kind spot, so why not treat it as such?

// end rant

I couldnt agree more, dont know if its the times we are in, but everybody is so fucking sensitive, so much negativity. We need some battle raps to remind people what tearing somebody a new arsehole really looks like.
Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create bad times(<<we are here) and so the eternal cycle continues.
Words scare people these days, comedy is on life support because people being offended, we have a hip hop production site where nobody really talks about production, seems to be all "me, me" mentality now. Not how can we elevate together as a team but its more like what can ill do for me. The fact is nobody does it on their own, we need to work together as the community I thought we were, instead of getting butthurt over nothing like the rest of the world. This was my escape from all that clown world bollocks, Id like to keep it that way. The anti racists are racists, the anti fascists are fascists, the world has turned on its fucking head, lets not have that cancer working its way in here too.
Was a time battling was a way to settle differences, not fucking create them.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's a very good point about everyone being sensitive. I understand if someone loses a battle it sucks, but I see that as only part of it. The other part is getting feedback from others - that counts much more than a win.

I remember years back where my friend told me my DJ mix wasn't that great. I didn't get mad. I went home and started working on it and from then on I was getting praise from him and other friends as well. I could have cried and sold my shit but I didn't.

Battles between rappers were the best. I'll never forget LL and Kool Moe Dee going song for song. That shit was dope on both sides. They just went after one another and no one cried or pulled out a gun.

Plus this was the shit too:

That's a very good point about everyone being sensitive. I understand if someone loses a battle it sucks, but I see that as only part of it. The other part is getting feedback from others - that counts much more than a win.

I remember years back where my friend told me my DJ mix wasn't that great. I didn't get mad. I went home and started working on it and from then on I was getting praise from him and other friends as well. I could have cried and sold my shit but I didn't.

Battles between rappers were the best. I'll never forget LL and Kool Moe Dee going song for song. That shit was dope on both sides. They just went after one another and no one cried or pulled out a gun.

Plus this was the shit too:

my favorite battle of all time

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
We need some battle raps to remind people what tearing somebody a new arsehole really looks like.

Trying to establish. xd
But i feel like, if i keep going, it ll just be me battling @Delta_Nine forever.

I tried to establish ILLVengers back in the days as Fo'Rillaz, died.

I tried to motivate ppl to do some shit together in the ILLIENZ UNITED thread.

As you mentioned, its all "me,me,me" and when that doesnt work out its full "mi mi mi"

I have so much ideas rn, even have the stuff in the head to lyrically obliterate Delta in Round 2.

But idk, man. Feels like casting pearls before swine.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Trying to establish. xd
But i feel like, if i keep going, it ll just be me battling @Delta_Nine forever.

As you mentioned, its all "me,me,me" and when that doesnt work out its full "mi mi mi"

I have so much ideas rn, even have the stuff in the head to lyrically obliterate Delta in Round 2.

I haven't checked it much when you started it because it's right now at the same time as Bthat so it's been busy. Plus dealing with the other nonsense. But it's a cool idea, we need to work on it and promote it. There's a few weeks before the next battle season starts.

I don't remember ILLvengers! What was it?

Trying to establish. xd

"build it and they will come", got to give them a very good reason to come here first, as if banging beats wasnt enough.
We need to bring back some of the fun to this place, stop taking shit so seriously, especially ourselves.
The world is a literal clown freak show right now with the nutters running the asylum, and now people want to be all serious and shit. WTAF?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
"build it and they will come", got to give them a very good reason to come here first, as if banging beats wasnt enough.
We need to bring back some of the fun to this place, stop taking shit so seriously, especially ourselves.
The world is a literal clown freak show right now with the nutters running the asylum, and now people want to be all serious and shit. WTAF?

You best bet yo half scot ass that i will keep goin.
braveheart GIF

It just feels like every bit of fresh air you try to bring in here gets instantly poisoned.

I hate to ignore human beings, but i guess thats the only way to go atm.

And as you mentioned the world is upside down, truth is twisted. You know whos infamous for doing that according to some ppls beliefs.

Tbh tho, i fkin hate myself the most rn for boarding that salt train. xd

The main problem, and i just caught myself doing that rn, we focus so much on this negative shit and its a rarity ppl point out positive stuff.

Like, we have two plants in us, one is shiny beautiful when grown the other ugly and full of thorns. Every day, every minute we decide which one we supply with water.

Gotta focus more on the shiny one.
tupac GIF

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @Fade version Kontakt do you have and are you rocking the paid version?

The @2GooD Productions younger millennials misinformed by anti-social media who are doing what I call performative wokeness are why everyone's so sensitive nowadays.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Full @Fade price or discount with the Arcane price hack trick?

The @2GooD Productions younger millennials misinformed by anti-social media who are doing what I call performative wokeness are why everyone's so sensitive nowadays.
the younger millenials are misinformed by their communist teachers who are subverting our childrens education to make them hate their own country, their own history, and to put them at conflict with each other, the puppetmasters, the globalists, who wish to eradicate private ownership for everybody but themselves, "The Great Reset" and usher in a global dictatorship using the Chinese model of communism for the whole world, creating a dystopian nightmare the which of the world has never seen. North Korea for the world, with nowhere to run or hide. Everybody equally enslaved under their elite overlord masters regardless of race, religion or creed. Thats where the world is rushing headfirst. Thats why the world has become an absolute joke. The west is being demoralized, to accept a totalitarian nightmare that George Orwell tried warning us of.