I hate to beat a dead horse but..........

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Back on topic.....k

Could someone please explain the appeal of LIL WAYNE.

Wizzy's appeal is all those tats...they brain wash you into buying his music....well.....at least that's what I heard....lol...I'll be back later with something else...on topic of course.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nah dude its because people love bad music...me and my masonic brothers see to it...its all we talk about in the hall.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
now we talkin illuminati ? lol...Newayz i think flooding the market is a big part of it too..whos song isnt wayne in. Its like someone said up there ^ if u push something on someone long enough they'll either like it or atleast tolerate it. And not everything the dude put out is horrible, just his new stuff. hes not a rockstar, hes not a rnb singer...hes a rapper <but i guess that just broadens his audience the more genres he gets into.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Lil Wayne and his true fans define "Lil Wayne"....his detractor don't...though they may wish they could. His spin on "hip hop/rock/pop" is working for him and the people that back him.....let me add this to stay on topic

Could someone please explain the appeal of LIL WAYNE.

That's part of his appeal as well...he's appealing to more than just the rap heads.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think the flooding the market thing is waaaaaay overrated...look how fast 50 fell off the face Off the earth...Or look at $tacks...dude did ALL of the lil marketing tricks that unsigned emcees SWEAR will make anybody a viable recording artist...dude had puffy features, twista, ross, nelly, 6 scott storch tracks, recorded at the Hit Factory in Miami...and what happened, ZERO! Dude even had heavy rotation on sirius and xm for a minute!

Alot of emcees are like musicians in that they make the mistake of identifing a difficult technique (saaay i dunno multis galore) as some type of standard for whats "good" or "skilled" and over look other more "simple" techniques that WORK and work well with audiences...This is the only ass backwards genre where the up and commers think making hits is easy or corny! LMAO!

Lil Wayne is a dope emcee...he moves the crowd...BIG crowd...I think rakim said something about that being the meaning of emcee, but alas I'm to young to be familar...lol

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Like I said I digress. Just had to get it off my chest. My opinions won't stop Wayne from eating. At the same time people bashing other peoples opinions won't make me like him any more or less than I already do. I've acknowledged him as a force and I'm throwing in the towel.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I think the flooding the market thing is waaaaaay overrated...look how fast 50 fell off the face Off the earth...Or look at ...dude did ALL of the lil marketing tricks that unsigned emcees SWEAR will make anybody a viable recording artist...dude had puffy features, twista, ross, nelly, 6 scott storch tracks, recorded at the Hit Factory in Miami...and what happened, ZERO! Dude even had heavy rotation on sirius and xm for a minute!

Alot of emcees are like musicians in that they make the mistake of identifing a difficult technique (saaay i dunno multis galore) as some type of standard for whats "good" or "skilled" and over look other more "simple" techniques that WORK and work well with audiences...This is the only ass backwards genre where the up and commers think making hits is easy or corny! LMAO!

Lil Wayne is a dope emcee...he moves the crowd...BIG crowd...I think rakim said something about that being the meaning of emcee, but alas I'm to young to be familar...lol

DJ Excellence said I'd like u...lmao....he was right.

Lil Waynes appeal....umm..is that he's "appealing"....to everyone that "your favorite" rapper or artist...IS NOT..which easily gives him access to 90% of the pie. That greedy bastard!

Like I said I digress. Just had to get it off my chest. My opinions won't stop Wayne from eating. At the same time people bashing other peoples opinions won't make me like him any more or less than I already do. I've acknowledged him as a force and I'm throwing in the towel.

Nah....if a cat has 9 lives a horse has 90....we gone beat this horse to life and death again,and again, and again!

And at the end of the day if you post a "dope" beat in the next BEAT THIS! I'm still voting your shit tops or near the top...thats's just how I do....h8terade don't pump in my heart

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
weezy's appeal is....and i hate this word.....his SWAG. he honestly believes that he is the best at what he does, and fuck what anybody else thinks if it's not what he thinks. another thing that's got him selling is like somebody said earlier....women. ll cool j said once in an interview that he makes music for women. women buy more cds than men, but the men will buy it because they know that's what the women like, so when they're trying to get some, they'll put on what the women like....makes sense to me.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
DJ Excellence said I'd like u...lmao....he was right.

Lil Waynes appeal....umm..is that he's "appealing"....to everyone that "your favorite" rapper or artist...IS NOT..which easily gives him access to 90% of the pie. That greedy bastard!

Nah....if a cat has 9 lives a horse has 90....we gone beat this horse to life and death again,and again, and again!

And at the end of the day if you post a "dope" beat in the next BEAT THIS! I'm still voting your shit tops or near the top...thats's just how I do....h8terade don't pump in my heart

LOL, it ain't no hate LDB. I love ya'll dudes (no Greg Luganis). I just don't wanna defer possible members from signing up to this site. It's all fun but, I don't wanna push nobody away because we clowning each other. We don't need no hurt feelings and hostility (We are the World is playing in the background while I'm typing this). Wayne is what he is. If you are a Wayne fan more power to ya. He just got that Pootie Tang factor to me. LOL. Anyways, I fucks with all Yall cats (no Neil Patrick Harris). That's why I'm getting my post count up. 206 post since '05 is pathetic. Keep the thread going just keep it kosher. 1

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
(no Greg Luganis).(We are the World is playing in the background while I'm typing this). (no Neil Patrick Harris). That's why I'm getting my post count up. 206 post since '05 is pathetic. Keep the thread going just keep it kosher. 1

bwaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha....boy u got me cryin off that shhhhhh

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I think the flooding the market thing is waaaaaay overrated...look how fast 50 fell off the face Off the earth...Or look at ...dude did ALL of the lil marketing tricks that unsigned emcees SWEAR will make anybody a viable recording artist...dude had puffy features, twista, ross, nelly, 6 scott storch tracks, recorded at the Hit Factory in Miami...and what happened, ZERO! Dude even had heavy rotation on sirius and xm for a minute!

this might b kind of off topic but i think the reason 50 fell off so quick is because everyone jumped on The Games bandwagon for a minute... he literally erased 50 from the game... Who beefs wit lil wayne? Gillie? really who likes gillie the kid besides me haha,(jk) but really.. hes not a threat to wayne.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I disagree...see 50's sophmore album sales....multi plat, thats not falling off...taking three singles to jump start "curtis" (he released amusement park and straight to The bank 5 months before getting a street date) and still not doing anything...thats falling off dude.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
this might b kind of off topic but i think the reason 50 fell off so quick is because everyone jumped on The Games bandwagon for a minute... he literally erased 50 from the game... Who beefs wit lil wayne? Gillie? really who likes gillie the kid besides me haha,(jk) but really.. hes not a threat to wayne.

Off topic...

RICK ROSS KILLED 50'S CAREER.....PERIOD.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
L...ross didnt do him any favors...thats for sure, but I think if it was ANY other rapper was to
Be the first to put out the CO pics ross wouldnt have the status he has now...the fans wanted to end 50s corn ball ways so they got behind rick...anyone else though and it coulda been lights out for my guy.