I hate to beat a dead horse but..........

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Could someone please explain the appeal of LIL WAYNE. It feels like a big inside joke that I'm not apart of. Dude is the Pooty Tang of rap. I'm just baffled that this dude can pull off 800k in this climate where nobody is selling records. Is he really that good of a businessman or am I just a "Hater" trying to shit on this dude accomplishments?

I swear to god if LIL WAYNE did this:

HE'D PROBABLY GO DIAMOND!!!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Never cared for him. I guess his success can be explained by the fact he's very recognizable (both his rhyming/voice & looks).

That's the thing I don't get X.
Everything about this dude is corny!
Dude is a fuckin :loser: so, how the fuck is he winning?
His rhymes are mediocre at best.
His voice is fucking retarded.
And he looks like a fucking fool.
I've never seen an artist this WACK get so much praise from the masses. The fucked up thing about it is he really thinks he's a good artist! LMAO

Maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know :amazed:

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
This is where things get extra ignorant oh ILL. The ladys love Lil Wayne, the ladies love Drake. It ain't hard to tell how or why both of them got the game in a choke hold as far as record sells. Dudes will bootleg there favorite artist while females go BUY the mp3 and CD for the artwork and everything else.

And why would anybody form there fingers or mouth to say "he has NO talent"...you may not like his music but to say he has no talent is str8 HATE/STUPIDITY.

Not to mention he has been "the hardest working man in show biz" for damn near a decade now. Nobody's had more features, records or mixtapes than Wayne since seems like forever now.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
He's well marketed and a hard worker that's for sure .. but those two things have nothing to do with talent.

This is where things get extra ignorant oh ILL. The ladys love Lil Wayne, the ladies love Drake. It ain't hard to tell how or why both of them got the game in a choke hold as far as record sells. Dudes will bootleg there favorite artist while females go BUY the mp3 and CD for the artwork and everything else.

And why would anybody form there fingers or mouth to say "he has NO talent"...you may not like his music but to say he has no talent is str8 HATE/STUPIDITY.

Not to mention he has been "the hardest working man in show biz" for damn near a decade now. Nobody's had more features, records or mixtapes than Wayne since seems like forever now.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.

I never said dude had "No Talent". He's good at what he does. I'm just trying to figure out what it is he's doing.
Outside of the beats he's rapping on what is so special about Lil Wayne?
LDB, what makes you like him?
Bitches love him but, you'd be far fetched to find me 800,000 ladies with a Wayne album.
Maybe a bunch of hood rats but, 800,000 of them are worried about which one of these bum dudes are gonna pay to get their "hair did and nails dun" LOL.
I don't know.
I just don't see the appeal. That's just me ranting though.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
That's the thing I don't get X.
Everything about this dude is corny!
Dude is a fuckin :loser: so, how the fuck is he winning?
His rhymes are mediocre at best.
His voice is fucking retarded.
And he looks like a fucking fool.
I've never seen an artist this WACK get so much praise from the masses. The fucked up thing about it is he really thinks he's a good artist! LMAO

Maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know :amazed:

LIL PAIN has managed to appeal to the areas where money is still being spent and he has both hands in it grabbing every dime that he can. LIL PAIN isn't HIP HOP, he's not HIP POP, he's not a Rock Star, he's not dirty south...he's ALL of them combined and nowadays that = success!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

Exactly. Not to mention he's everywhere, force something down someones throats long enough they'll begin to like it, and start defending it even. It happens to kidnap victums (Ironic to the situation)

Could someone please explain the appeal of LIL WAYNE. It feels like a big inside joke that I'm not apart of. Dude is the Pooty Tang of rap. I'm just baffled that this dude can pull off 800k in this climate where nobody is selling records. Is he really that good of a businessman or am I just a "Hater" trying to shit on this dude accomplishments?

I swear to god if LIL WAYNE did this:
Pootie done did it again. - YouTube

HE'D PROBABLY GO DIAMOND!!!

most awesome movie ever!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
I'm just saying, Dennis Rodman had Blonde and red hair with piercings and tattoos but, the muthafukka
went out there and got you 20 rebounds.
Dude was an exceptional ball player that just looked nuts. At the end of the day, he was a freak on the court.
I would be ok with Wayne's appearance if the clown could actually spit.
How you the "Best Rapper Alive" saying shit like:

"Ima venereal disease like a menstrual bleed / Threw the pencil and leak the sheet of the tablet in my mind / Cuz I don't write shit cuz I aint got time "

GETTHEFUCKOUTTAHEREWITHTHATBULLSHITWAYNE!!!!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
How you the "Best Rapper Alive" saying shit like:

"Ima venereal disease like a menstrual bleed / Threw the pencil and leak the sheet of the tablet in my mind / Cuz I don't write shit cuz I aint got time "

GETTHEFUCKOUTTAHEREWITHTHATBULLSHITWAYNE!!!!

Honestly, I can break down how lyrics like this resonate with youth, and the world how they experience it (even with drugs aside), but the ultimate truth is, talent , like quality, is relative and contextual. Everyone will see and experience it different, AND we all have different tastes. This convo is more about opinion than a concrete definition, or fact.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
shits simple...People are retarded in general. i'd say 80% or more of people don't even base their "opinions" on their own thoughts, they just followin what other ppl are sayin and doin. Regardless lil wayne used to be cold, he just went way over the commercialized side of music n aint never coming back to our side < . Good music doesn't really make money its whatever 10 year old girls listen to that runs the industry.

newayz wayne was the shit in cash money, .listen to the block is hot thats a dope ass song . Once u on top there's only one way to go, n really he didnt go no where he just makes garbage music now for the garbage population <

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Honestly, I can break down how lyrics like this resonate with youth, and the world how they experience it (even with drugs aside), but the ultimate truth is, talent , like quality, is relative and contextual. Everyone will see and experience it different, AND we all have different tastes. This convo is more about opinion than a concrete definition, or fact.

You're right homie! I can't front on that.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
The point is not if Lil Wayne has talent or not ... it's why he's the most commercially successful hip hop artist these days.

Fact is he's :

1/ very recognizable (can't mistake him for another artist in any way on both tracks and vids).
2/ a little wild (which never hurt).
3/ got a great marketing team behind him.

Back in 1993-1994 Snoop Dog was in a similar situation (not saying Snoop is a bad artist but you get the idea).

Everyone will see and experience it different, AND we all have different tastes. This convo is more about opinion than a concrete definition, or fact.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
The point is not if Lil Wayne has talent or not ... it's why he's the most commercially successful hip hop artist these days.

Fact is he's :

1/ very recognizable (can't mistake him for another artist in any way on both tracks and vids).
2/ a little wild (which never hurt).
3/ got a great marketing team behind him.

Back in 1993-1994 Snoop Dog was in a similar situation (not saying Snoop is a bad artist but you get the idea).

hiphops dead, atleast in a commercial sense. thats ur reason ^ If you wanna hear wack ass artists listen to the radio, if u wanna hear real music check out communities like Illmuzik <
think bout this...If they really even count votes ( not sure they do) the US citizens voted for bush LMAO. Now think bout why waynes successful even with the shit he puts out today. People - are - dumb.