I hate to beat a dead horse but..........

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The point is not if Lil Wayne has talent or not ... it's why he's the most commercially successful hip hop artist these days.

I was talking to Knox and his comment, I spoke on your point already

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
one thing's for sure.. 800,000 sales aint just women.. i'll give u the majority, but i wont give u all.. i got a few homies that love this dude, recites his punchlines and everything.. now multiply that by 50 states...

and dont forget, documentaries will touch anybody with a heart.. as much as i like Nicki Minaj, and i seen her come up 3-4 yrs ago thru Queens, NY., after i seen her documentary, she's cryin and shit, she cant make a wack record in my eyes anymore... lol.. thats just the way it is.

da sympathetic relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm just saying, Dennis Rodman had Blonde and red hair with piercings and tattoos but, the muthafukka
went out there and got you 20 rebounds.
Dude was an exceptional ball player that just looked nuts. At the end of the day, he was a freak on the court. !

Comparing dennis rodman to lil wayne is perfect...

He's not paid to be a dope lyricist.... He's paid to make HITS... Dennis Rodman grabbing 20 boards and playing defense is his HITS that he did on a consistent basis...

Lil Wayne is pumping out HITS consistently.....That is why he is where he is...

Drake is putting out HITS....

Females:
Go crazy in the club when those songs come on......This music is directed towards the teenagers, because they are buying more albums than adults are.... and it's not like I have any kind of figure on it....but it's the way it is.

I don't think his album is very good lyrically...his beats are exceptional in my opinion...and he has some dope features (tech n9ne, bun-b, nas, jadakiss, cory gunz, andre 3000....of course Drake, Bruno Mars)

At the end of the day...he has to make money....hits make money...hits get frequent spins in radio (including satellite) and in the clubs (which is where mainstream music is gearing towards at this point).

Until Jay-Z destroys Lil Wayne for his Beyonce threat and stab at Jay on "It's Good", Wayne is here to stay.....

ON another note...I wonder how Jay feels about Jadakiss and Drake being on a record where Wayne disses him... Hmm....

End of the day.....you don't like it? Don't buy it. If you want to change the game? Change it from within.
Gain support in your locality and get a big enough buzz where you can expand to other states and become known nationally........

Payola is why Lil Wayne is where he is today, along with some hard work getting himself on too many mixtapes, the self proclaimed "Greatest Rapper Alive". And because people are dumb, they dont know for themselves whats hot or whats not,they need to be told, the media tells them the trends, then they follow them. People are lazy and cant think for themselves, they try to get into trends to fit into peer groups, everyone wants to be cool and popular. Damn thats why I became a dj in the first place. Only difference, I chose for myself what I liked, and tried to get other people to like it. But at the end of the day we are all human beings and have many similarities. If you can get a good understanding of human nature and how to market successfully, put that with a stack of "cash money" and you have the recipe for success.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
^it's always been like that....

Now the trends are something we frown upon...

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^it's always been like that....

Now the trends are something we frown upon...

THAT'S JUST IT
Can you honestly say Wayne is a "trendsetter" ?
Outside of "Bling Bling" what has he really started?
Dude was Blue flagging as a Kid now he Blood
He was "Wobbibly, Wobbily" as a Hot Boy until Gillie came and showed him how to rhyme
He jumped on the Clipse dick at one point
I thought he was from Harlem when he started fucking around with Cam.
Dude got around Kanye and started wearing pastel Polos
He straight jacked T-Pain whole shit
Now this dude a skating rock star who wears Jeggings?
Wayne seems to be heavily influenced by whoever he's around at the time
How is this cool in "Hip Hop" today?

Apparently it's a good thing because it's working for him.
I'm just worried about the youth!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
In summary threads like this are the reason WAYNE is the monster that he is. Bad publicity is as GREAT and sometimes better than good. U either love or hate Wayne....look at his concert footage. It's 80% non blacks......

When you're "relevant" your talked about in a good or bad way. When your not your a "yester year" rapper/em c or a sometime participant in the ILL community...lmao

214 views in less than 24hours....bwah ha ha ha ha ha...it ain't hard to figure out why Wayne is "da man" and most here would bull doze there mother over to produce or spit a verse with dude....GET REAL SON

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
In summary threads like this are the reason WAYNE is the monster that he is. Bad publicity is as GREAT and sometimes better than good. U either love or hate Wayne....look at his concert footage. It's 80% non blacks......

When you're "relevant" your talked about in a good or bad way. When your not your a "yester year" rapper/em c or a sometime participant in the ILL community...lmao

214 views in less than 24hours....bwah ha ha ha ha ha...it ain't hard to figure out why Wayne is "da man" and most here would bull doze there mother over to produce or spit a verse with dude....GET REAL SON

LOL, I can't front on that either LDB. I'm contradictory. I'd produce for his Wack ass in a second. I can't front, Some of his tracks are guilty pleasures of mine. Dude taps into my inner ignorance. Ima leave him alone and stop roasting him.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
LOL, I can't front on that either LDB. I'm contradictory. I'd produce for his Wack ass in a second. I can't front,

ROAST ON....you're only helping Wayne, Payne or who ever you guys want to call him. You should spend more time "promoting" the artist and the music you feel is better rather than "thinking" you're roasting Wayne....I'm sure he's "good" and could careless about anybody on ILL "roasting him".

It's funny how members can say "people are dumb, stupid, ignorant" etc etc supporting certain artist..mostly southern of course. Like they're the Eienstens of the world...lmao

Other than Fade, Ex and Stress I haven't read nor seen a fucking thread about there project but I can jump on ILL and see 200 sum odd views and several "I hate Wayne" posts. Looks like Ex is already promoting his next project and Fade is promoting Clev's joint.

I mean....am I the only one that sees that it's hella time wasted sparking convos about artist you don't like and won't support but very seldom does any discussion get this deep about the artist you would?

Ass backwards if u ask me!

But again....keep roasting. Waynes "google" numbers are going thru the roof thanks to chatter like this.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I mean....am I the only one that sees that it's hella time wasted sparking convos about artist you don't like and won't support but very seldom does any discussion get this deep about the artist you would?

Ass backwards if u ask me!

Quoted for emphasis...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yep its true, we have become our parents.

I've honestly said exactly that in about 10 different threads regarding similar topics.

We should not complain, because when we were coming up....people were saying the shit we were listening to was "not music" or "bad music". However we embraced the music and fell in love with it. The music changed....as well as the culture and for some shitty reason we generally cannot accept it.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I've honestly said exactly that in about 10 different threads regarding similar topics.

We should not complain, because when we were coming up....people were saying the shit we were listening to was "not music" or "bad music". However we embraced the music and fell in love with it. The music changed....as well as the culture and for some shitty reason we generally cannot accept it.

i agree to an extent but really..im 20 this is the shit i "should" be liking. I'd rather listen to 90s hiphop then anything that came out since 2000... The music has gotten watered down no matter how u look at it. i know its all situational and everyone has a different opinion, different tastes , etc..but id say its a fact that music is worse than it used to be. Every genre really is pop now, they sing bout the same shit n country as they do in hiphop and pop songs. its all lets get drunk, go to the club, buy shiny shit n all that. ppl arent talking bout the struggle of life n shit anymore its all bout the glamour of life like every1 is extravagent or somethin n that shits a falicy there's no rainbow on the other side for the majority of ppl >

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
^^^^ Dude...if you're going to talk it, live it! I checked your bars in the cypha...you spittin the same shit that you claim u don't like...IRONIC!

Ounces you've never moved and money you've never acquired in that manner!

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
ounces ive never moved? u kno me like that? dnt make assumptions. i stopped that life, but i still put it in my music cuz it was part of how i became who i am.

n thats not the music i dont like, hustling is a way of life for a lot of people, some people don't know anything btu the streets , a 9'5 isnt in their vocab. Thats real life shit <

members online