girl or music

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Those of us who have been through this to it's extreme have a point too now kids, let's not live life with blinders on! heh

I have been choked mentally by females and trust me, dudes can be the same way. SHe might just be a domineering woman, you never know. What's the girl REALLY like kid? she abusive to you? lol!

dude, did he try and end the thread? aw shit, now there's no more debate. damn.

I came, I saw, I spit my highly toxic opinion to the masses.

good luck on the play x

4NG3L1X

x-squizet said:
yo i talked to her and we compromised, after she stoped cussing me out in her language (she is asian) and she told me she was sorry, for doing that to me.

It kind of sounds like your girl needs to say what she realy wants from you, insead of getting agitated and jealous. She needs to say what she means and mean what she says

If she is the one, the two of you will learn to compromise,but compromising does not mean you have to be each uthers puppets, if she really loves you she would never ask you to give up something that is that important to you. To you that would probably be like cutting part of your haert out right? She has to realize that just because you love your music alot it does not mean that you still don't love her just as much if not more.

She does not necessarly have to have a passion for it but she should understand that it is part of who you are, it is part of what makes you: you. And if she realy loves you and has a passion for you to be happy she will deal with it.

My husbands music consumes a very large part of his time and we have three kids under five. But no matter how trying it might be for me sometimes, I would never even dream of asking him to give it up, I DONT CARE IF HE NEVER MAKES IT, it makes him happy and above all else that's what i want.

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm fortunate in that my wife not only doesn't mind the time I spend composing, she helps me out by writing lyrics. In fact, when we first started dating, we recorded a bunch of stuff just for fun. If she's a keeper, she'll respect your hobbies.

E

exitflagger

I second Helix and producer gyal. Anyway you slice it it's a never ending battle...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Does your Girlfriend Support Your Music???

Let's face it, most of us here are in this music thing for the long haul.
We spend a great deal of our free time making beats and most of our hard earned cash goes to purchasing equipment to make better beats.
Most significant others want SOME attention, and others actually want you to dedicate all your time to the relationship (funk dat!!)

The question is: How do you balance having a girl and making music????

I know I'm not the only one who knows more about my MPC (insert favorite sequencer)
than I do about my girl! (If only I could MIDI my girl to my keyboard, and she only talks when I press a key! I hope Akai is taking notes!) Peeaacee.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Yo, that is a good question. Me and my old lady live together. She helped me purchase all of my equipment and she also contribute her vocal skills so i can sample, she is a hellified singer. But sometimes she do be wanting that attention. I might be making beats on a Saturday, from sun up to sun down. Thats when she gets irritated. Basically she is just bored, so I put her ass to work. Then she's aight. But I appreciate her for helping a nigga achieve his dreams.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Who's Sage Francis?

By the way Hoppa, i can see the chink in you in that pic. Couldnt tell from your avatar.

I'm half chinese, so I can say chink you jerkoffs.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Who's Sage Francis?

By the way Hoppa, i can see the chink in you in that pic. Couldnt tell from your avatar.

haha, yea, I was fucking LIT that night, the chinkiness only comes out when Im faded...

Never heard of Sage?

He's an underground (not for long) MC, he rocks huge shows, check him out, you may really enjoy the music

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Who's Sage Francis?

lol! Am I allowed to say "chink"? Im not chinese, but Im half Dominican, half Samoan and the Dominican side of my family always says I look chinese...:D
Konvict

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Whoa, Sage Francis looks fucking evil in that pic...

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
DJ Hoppa said:
haha, yea, I was fucking LIT that night, the chinkiness only comes out when Im faded...

Never heard of Sage?

He's an underground (not for long) MC, he rocks huge shows, check him out, you may really enjoy the music
Word, i might check em out. What label is he on? I def heard the name somewhere, but I doubt i actually heard his stuff.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Word, i might check em out. What label is he on? I def heard the name somewhere, but I doubt i actually heard his stuff.

He's on Epitaph, the punk label...

Check out The album calle "Hope" , it's by the Non-Prophets (Sage Francis & Joey Beats) ...it's available on Lex records... It's a throwback album to early nineties hip hop... its classic!

Lex : Yea man, he's looking all grungy like a bushwacka these days, heh

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
someone needs to tell to sage that he needs to cut his beard... i saw him 2 years almost ago in europe and he still has it :p

members online