dopest hip-hop duo... ever?

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by highlite80
i know this is off topic but everyone mentioning outkast and no one is saying the best album they ever pressed which was southernplayalystic that shit was ill.

Aquemini was best.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SMILEZ AND SOUTHSTAR!!! o..wait, you said best..not worst..lol! i have to go wit outkast being an atlien myself

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
gangstar better lyrically? guru isnt top 50 lyrically... his flow is like, "you know im the best/ ill pass any test" and their "greatest hits" album was justa collection of material. they have never had major radio or video play (early 90's, thats about it, but even that was nothing major) hell even guru's more recent "keep your worries" didnt get played. i saw, like, one video. outkast had far better skills lyrically and managed to sell a few records, and they are by far the best commercially played group oout in the last 5 years...

blackstar? i love blackstar but you cant call them the greatest off of one album and a couple of compilations... and even when you throw in their solo efforts, (which wouldnt count them as a group) they just do not have the longevity to be considered. i personaly liked Atliens the best myself... stankonia got a little to wierd for me. i do like the radio tracks from it (bob, ms jackson, so fresh so clean)

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You know what Truth you made nothing but good points but no one besides me and a few others are going to agree with it.People feel if it's something they like it's the best..Now being Fair with it not one group past or present has done what these guys have done everybody else would say gangstarr like you said not in these exact words but their time has come and gone ..I feel Outkast has 2 to 3 albums left in them and the next one coming is a double album and the charts see that as 2 albums but we see it as one but bottom line when you put sucess and longevity together and make one word with it it would come outkast

C.P.

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Outkast. They have always brought something new to the game, and keep it fresh. Sometimes you get CDs and it's dusty in 5 months, but you can ride forever with an Outkast joint.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
GangStarr...by far....Outkast is good....but GangStarr together or apart are still tight.... if Andre left Big Boi or vice versa...could they stand their own....

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^^^im sorry but i dont belive guru is all that great without premo...i cant name 5 rappers that are on andres level and big boi is right there too. big boi comin out wit da solo album and id be willing to bet alot that its going to be hot...outkast doesnt dissapoint

M

metrosoul

look outkast was good, basicaly after aquemni their shit fell off. There is no arguing about it. Gang Starr never really fell off, the ownerz is not as good as their other albums but atleast its better then most of the stuff out today. Thats why gang Starr is better then outkast. Lyricaly and beatwise Gang Starr is better them. Primo is too nasty and their is no disagreeing with that because Gang Starr always has nasty beats you cant tell me otherwise, but outkasts beats are pretty wacky and quite frankly their not wack in a good sense but in a pretty bad sense. Bombs over baghdad was horrible, i could never bumb that song. So I hope u guys dont disagree with me because i dont want to argue about this again.

E

enfinite

yo check it seriously metro soul acts lkike a baby and inrctyhoodmusic takes things too serious half the time metrosouls buggin anyways i heard OUTKASTS NEW SONG SUCKS TOTAL FUCKING BALL SWEAT!!!!!!!! peace

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
onp is tight...i dont want to prolong an argument but kast got som sick ass beats..its not hot cause they dont stick to formula? fuc da formula..they come wit some original, ill, experimental type shit..they push tha threshold...theyre my favorite because they try new shit.....i love gangstar but they havent done anything to take hip hop to a higher level in awhile...they make hot shit but a 95 premier beat sounds like 2003 premier beat..not to diss ga god in way but primo's got a formula that he knows is hot and ssticks to it like glue

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Gangstar fell off when guru turned 40...

Originally posted by enfinite
yo check it seriously metro soul acts lkike a baby and inrctyhoodmusic takes things too serious

Metro soul is your man so I pay no mind to what you say about him ....as far as what was said about me you're right...Militants tend to be serious about things...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
i don't care what anyone else says yes there is a handful of dope hip hop duo's old epmd, gangstarr, anybody dre callabs with, but i really feels there is nobody on the outkast level andre and big boi are in there own world, and there production is out of this world.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Eric B and Rakim, staight hip hop
I'm the microphone fiend! lol And dont forget Black Star (Mos Def and Talib) that is sick

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
lol, guru SUCKS.... for real. let me say it again: a typical guru rhyme fgoes like this: "yall know i'm the best/i'll pass any test/gifted, unlimited, your skills i detest" and on and on and on......... this man is the most overated mc EVER. i think metrosoul is on his nutts cause he's from boston to be honest....... lyrically guru is on lil flip's level if you ask me... just because these guys are legends (which they are) people act like they are the greatest. sugarhill gang, anyone? whodini, anyone? i am suprised these guys havent been named. to be honest the old school cats were nice for what they are, but hip hop has been elevated to levels that these guys never did and never will touch. yes, it has been dumbed down considerably the last 6 years or so buit outkast is one of the VERY few to actually have substance, style, radio play, video play, "conciousness" as well as fun, i mean the list goes on. of course it ispointless to argue with people who think that because its 15 years old it MUST be great.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
GangStarr, Outkast..... it's a tie.....I like both, they're both good....but yall better by my SH*T!!!!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I saw the two new videos from outkast and I think that they are going to make another statment with originality and experimenting on this double album...If anyone seen the videos did you happen to check out that girl with the extra extra FAT ASS in big bois' video,....Don't look too hard at her because she's my girl..Have a lil respect