ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Mobb Deep
Wu-Tang

STRAIGHT LIKE THAT KICKO!!!

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Outcast, All you need to do is listen to Aquemni to prove that from start to finish a unbelivable album, still gives me chills, specialy when they endend with the whole awards show thing saying they wanted respect for the south...andre 3000 is so ill , Sorry Wutang were defitne pioneers but I think there status has been elevated to high, thanks to there huge presence, Maybe wutang in terms of rhyme skills, but in terms of creativty, production and actualy Getting better after every album Outkast wins....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dont know... their rhyme skills are apples and oranges if you ask me. very different content-wise, and style........ raekwon and andre 3000 are both lyrically on par with just about anyone in my book. i thought about the wu as well but they havent had the long-termimpact on radio and mtv that outkast has had.... they are just more consistantly getting radio hits that are solid songs, usually having a new twist of production or a different flow.... (in my opinion)

plus, even though i dont really like the south, FORGET master p, FORGET cash money, outkast has by far been its best represntative of the south in hip hop, and they are highly regarded and respected by the current crop of artists from the south.

then again its hard to measure the impact that the wu has had on the underground scene, because arious elements of their sound is everywhere... damn near every backpacker here in california has a wu sticker on their bag (i confess i was one at one time!) and these guys regard wu tang as their patron saints, much the same as the roots.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
EPMD

Their style influenced a lot of what we hear today. That offbeat style flow,sick -slick beats and those fisherman hats. WOW

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Re: Best hip/hop GROUP of alltime??

Originally posted by Brainstream
I would have to say the PHARCYDE. They mixed so many styles into one, and their emcees are so different. Their music is inspiring. Its the kinda stuff you listen to chillin in ur basement on a vinyl with nuthin to do. Their sh** is so nasty. Unlike a lot of artists, each and every one of their songs is hott.
BRAINSTREAM

Sorry but I can't agree with that ..... I seen Fat Lip from Pharcyde do a show in San Francisco and get booed off stage. They literally threw drinks and water bottles at him .... I never seen anything like that in my life .... He didn't even finish the show it was that bad ... he just threw down the mic and left ....... If they were the best of all time, that would of never happened.

B

Brainstream

Im not worried about what happened in California. Listen to their shit. All im sayin is their so sick, and thats my opinion.
You have yours i got mine.

BRAINSTREAM

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
All I said was I can't agree with that , and if they were the best that wouldn't of happened.....I let you have your opinion.....you can keep it, hold it, sleep with it , whatever ....... I didn't say you were wrong.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Pharsyde has not accomplished anything that outkast have they haven't built the fan base and they haven't been a constant in hip hop at all so how in the world can they even be cnsidered the best group of all time...They only have one recognizable hit in passing me by that most people can think of...When you have a group that released four full albums and all four went 1x 2x and 3x platinum and a greatest hit's album that sold more than 700,000 units and had a grammy winning song on it that groups accomplishments alone speak for itself and no one on illmuzik or earth can dispute the fact that Outkast IS the greatest group of all time

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Now I know ya'll know you kow it was Kid-N-Play...

The argument for Outkast was nice and there were some definite contenders with EPMD, Gangstarr, NWA and Full Foruce but they were all Mortal Kombat fatalitied with the Kid-N-Play kick step.

Seriously....I could not come up with a solid answer on this...way too hard of a question.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
lets compare
Kid -n- Play to Hav and Pee

yeah outkas may edge out the mobb slightly, but the mobb is definately HIP HOP, these niggas keep it real on every level and may not have acheived the social or universal (no not "commercial") acclaim of outkast but they have been recognized and they comfortable very close second, if Outkast is hip hops greatest group then Mobb Deep is Raps greats duo, and there is a difference (not between a duo and a group, but between rap and hip hop.....dummy)

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Lost Boyz I3aI3y R.I.P Freaky

G

G4D

for all time? shit, i have to say De La, or gangstarr. Tribe, Wu, pharcyde, were tight, but no longevity. tribe fell off then broke up, wu's new shit sucks, and pharcyde, where the fuck has pharcyde been the past say 7 years????

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Outkast's best work in my mind was AT aliens that shit deserved to be platimuim way more than there newer stuff.

mobb deep were ill on infamous and hell on earth then they fell the fuck off.

as far as best chemistry between two artists i'd say kool keith and ced gee from ultra mags

or tip and phife from quest

E

enfinite

Gangstarr hands down

Gangstarr best duo ever, saw their show fucking classic. and to inrctyhoodmusic the reason theyre albums didnt go platinum is for the simple fact that back when theyre first 4 albums dropped the most commercial albums barely went platinum so how could gangstarr sell platinum at a time when hip hop didnt go platinum, but the quality, originality, creativity is timeless and classic, outkast was fortunate enough to drop at a time when master p albums went 5x platinum, now im not bashing outkast cause they are fucking nasty and id say just as original or even more than gangstarr, very creative just like gangstarr, but i think gangsatrr quality is a small notch higher than outkast but outkast is mos def top 5 groups of all time but yo check it eric B Rakim EpMd mobb deep Pete Rock CL Smooth

E

Equality 7-2521

eric b & rakim
gangstarr

best of all time is tough

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i know this is off topic but everyone mentioning outkast and no one is saying the best album they ever pressed which was southernplayalystic that shit was ill.