dopest hip-hop duo... ever?

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
I agree with NUG's top 3 but not in that order. Nobody mentioned Super Lover C and Cassanova Rud??? :laugh: Nahh but seriously, EPMD and Eric B. and Rakim need to be on there too.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
whats the topic ? groups or duos ?

BLACKSTAR for sure
Gangstarr's a duo as well...
and what about ARTIFACTS ??
ok i got one more...konceptual dominance, thats a tight squad, have a nice day :cool:

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Originally posted by CooGi_dice
who do you guys think is the dopest hip-hop duo ever?

ps. i wish phife and q-tip would squash there stupid beef and get back to making dope records.

They did, and they arlready did a new Tribe album,,,its not yet ready tho,,,I heard one of the tracks,,its hot, but the morning show in NYC played it and I never heard it again! DAMMMMMM

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
BDP, Pete and CL, M.O.P, Nice and Smooth, Show and A.G, Kool G Rap and Polo, Erik B and Rakim, and so on..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
-eminem and ken kaniff
-ice tea and a cop, any cop
-me and mercury waters
-me and yo momma
-redman and everyones mama
-common and ice cube
-c-webb and shaq
-fawnsorth bentley and andre 3000
-the big tymers

(just kidding about the big timers...)

damn, i got a thousand posts? do i get a cake or something? ya'll need to throw me a party...or kick me out, do somethin....

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I would have to say EPMD 1st, Outkast 2nd, because they don't really compliment each other, and big boy raps about anything you'll get from your average industry rapper, and 3rd, the early works of Dr.Dre and Snoop Dogg. So here it is

EPMD
Outkast
Dr.Dre & Snoop Dogg

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Taskforce
Black Star
Gangstarr
M.O.P.
Little Brother

MOP just because I like the fact that they can make a whole song out of going... BRUH blah bracckkkahh bluk bluk blaow brucka brack blackaaaa... Outkast's albums have been dope too... But i don't really listen to them i just borrow off my friends...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hmmm... i think outkast complimet each other very well. well, not these days. big boi on his own, i dont believe is as good as andre. but their earlier works, the first three albums (southernplayaistic, atliens, and aquemini) they compliment each other perfectly and give a good balance of perspective and mentalities. ultimately, they are tops in my eyes- just consistantly amazing, they never do the same thing twice, they take risks that other artists are not only afraid/unable to take, but unable to do them SUCCESSFULLY. 5 albums deep, THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE BAD ALBUM man. some are better than others, the have ver yfew low points, and so many memorable, classic tracks..... jazzy belle, elevators, aquemini, return of the g, rosa parks, bob, miss jackson, even hey ya...... damn white people love that song to death. these two have taken hip hop to places no other artist has taken it, they have done what the roots have not in maintaing a certain level of genius and critical acclaim while taking the commercial world by storm WITHOUT comprimising, and while changing and growing their content, image, style, with eac album...... thats a very hard thing to do... name another artist in hip hop- solo or group- that has done that? no, not pac, not big, pun, big l, the roots, gangstarr, epmd, dre, wu, nobody........

tahst my argument.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I thought Tribe had 3 people in it, and theie new song is on the Violator 3 compolation i believe.

C

CooGi_dice

yea the tribe got three people but only 2 mcs, the other member is a dj, same thing with de la.... thats why i consider them duo's since its only 2 mc's spittin.

i think epmd is ill as well, there from my home town...BRENTWOOD LI.
but i dont feal there #1 as far as the best duo ever.... gangstarr... only one mc but still a dope gruop, got the best producer in hip-hop.

and eric b. and rakim are ill, RAKIM IS THE GREATEST MC EVER.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
every body got there own opinion about what a duo is but wit some kats the dj is part of the duo if you would have said mc dou then i could understand but as the the best duo's ever definatly has to include a dj if you think about it

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
about time someone posts something i can really appreciate! frodo and sam... hell yeah.

what about scarface and his gun? i think those guys get name-dropped more than anyone else in the history of hip hop...