dopest hip-hop duo... ever?

T

Thelonius

I'd like to give it up to the Underground Kingz (UGK).

Thelonius

M

metrosoul

are you guy's LOST!!!!! GANG STARR is the best duo EVER!

I mean have people forgotten about them, i dont know about there new album, i heard a few good songs but they have been sick since 87.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by metrosoul
are you guy's LOST!!!!! GANG STARR is the best duo EVER!

I mean have people forgotten about them, i dont know about there new album, i heard a few good songs but they have been sick since 87.

That's your opinion !!!They were great when they were in their prime and as much as they did they have not one platinum album

M

metrosoul

yet again another person comparing quality to how much a person sells. I love when i'm hangin out with some people driving or somthing and some gay ass song comes on the radio, i quickly change the staion and the pee brain in the back says "yo put that shit back on" i reply "why? that song sucks and that artist sucks" and the moron says "yo his shits hot, he sold 5 million and he get mad bitches" and i quickly REPLY "WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?" OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE ARE MUSICALY LOST NOW IN THESE DAY'S. 50 CENT SUCKS BUT HE SELLS REDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF RECORDS AND TO MY SELF I THINK "WOW, THESE SONGS SUCK, WHY THE HELL IS HE SO FRIGGIN POPULAR, HIS SONGS ARE C AVERAGE AND BELOW" WELL THAT'S HOW IT IS AND HOPEFULY IT CHANGES.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
metro soul I respect what gangstar has done but they are far from the greast duo ever they are among hip hop elite but moving units means a lot wether you like it or not Outkast have put out four albums and all four went 2x platinum and they also seem to make a solid hit each album and their fan base gets even larger ...they have been doing it since 92 and they haven't fell of a bit I respect gangstar very much but they just haven't made the hits like Outkast and many other groups

M

metrosoul

ACTUALY GANG STARR HAS MADE MORE HITS THEN OUTKAST, I DON'T IF YOU EVER HEARD ABOUT THE DOUBLE CD GANG STARR'S GREATEST HITS, WELL THAT JUST PROVES THE HITS THEY MADE. OUTKASTS BEATS HAVE FALLEN OFF BIG TIME, DON'T MAKE AN EXCUSE THAT THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND SO DID THEIR BEATS BULLSHIT! THEY'VE GONE WIERDO AND COMMERCIAL. PLUS GANG STARR IS JUST BETTER LYRICALY AND BEAT WISE. HERE A FEW HITS THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO LISTEN TOO:

JAZZ THING
TAKE IT PERSONAL
CODE OF THE STREETS
YOU KNOW MY STEEZ
FULL CLIP
ROYALTY
MANIFEST
DWYCK
WORK
ALL 4 THA CASH
SPEAK YA CLOUT
EX GIRL TO NEXT GIRL
AND ETC.........

E

Encore

I would have to say out of every hip hop duo out there, no one will ever come close to BlackStar.Mos & Kweli have to be two of the dopest ever.They each proved they also can make it on there own,though i like them better together.

O

OneNineBlock

no Contest....Tha Guru And Premier, u can not even compare Outkast to them, gangstarr revolutionized hip hop, premo is the best producer ever, and Guru just kicks so much knowlege hes an OG u can not even COMPARE outkast to them and that gets me sooo choked that some1 could say something like that

anotha talented group i forgot to mention has got to be Dead Prez....They can realllly kick some deep shit

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
Hmmm....there are a few. Method man and Redman for straight up hijinks and hillairty. Real entertaining, both dope with their lyrics with contrasting delievery styles makes em perfect. They're like the 2 guys everyone wants to hang out with....Plus, I was deff feeling the Blackout album.

Then ofcourse I'd put up Raekwon and Ghostface. I'm a big fan of them. Ghostface and Raekwon are on the samemindframe whilst being comepletely individual. I dont think there are any tracks featuringf those 2 where they haven't brought the heat.

My final duo would prolly be Apathy and Celph-Titled from the Demigodz. Both are incredible lyricists...Apathys flow is completely flawless and Celph always brings quotables onto a track. If you've never heard any of the Demigodz ish check it out...because lyrically, the godz are crazy....

Peace!

B

Brainstream

Best hip/hop GROUP of alltime??

I would have to say the PHARCYDE. They mixed so many styles into one, and their emcees are so different. Their music is inspiring. Its the kinda stuff you listen to chillin in ur basement on a vinyl with nuthin to do. Their sh** is so nasty. Unlike a lot of artists, each and every one of their songs is hott.
BRAINSTREAM

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well, considering pharcydes heydey came and went fairly quick... i have to disagree with you. every song is hot? every last one? i havent heard them all, but i HIGHLY doubt that. there isnt one artist who has never made a song that saw the light of day and shouldnt have. anyhow....

i would make a vote here for outkast. why lets see.....
how many artist consistently get better as they go, with EACH album?
they went from southernplayalistic to atliens to aquemini without a hitch, getting better with each one, maintaining thier own signiture style while experimenting and expanding as they went, with mostly good results. i wasnt a huge fan of stankonia, but this album catipulted them into the stratosphere of superstardom.... and look at the differences in their hits!

how do you go from elevators and jazzybelle to rosa parks and da art of storytellin to ms jackson and bombs over baghdad? i mean they can do uptempo club songs equally as well as they can do the deep, "marinatin'" type tracks (remember 13th floor anyone?) and how many other groups can say that they can do both equally well? wu tang has tried and failed MISERABLY. tribe called quest is great as well, .....

and then we have the roots. damn, what, 5 albums now? they also have changed up their style very much with each outing and have really taken hip hop to some places that it hadnt been without them. no other group is as skilled musically, hell i will go out on a limb and say that they are more skillful musicians then most groups around, PERIOD. rock, jazz, whatever. these guys are REAL musicians, and you put them behind any artist and that artist becomes many times more interesting then he is otherwise. they absolutley KILLED unplugged for anyone else who wants to try it! no one has had a better unplugged performance (nirvana being the only equal in my view)... plus you look at their consistancy. they have had moments that werent the best but they are always solid and many times great. i would venture to say that they could even make chingy listenable to MY ears! so my pick would be a toss up between outkast and the roots, the roots having the edge in my book.

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
the roots

E

Equality 7-2521

These "best of all time" questions are impossible to answer.

Soul Sonic Force and such paved the way.

I dont know whos the best of all time....best at what?

E

enfinite

besides lil jon & da eastside boyz

Tribe is my favorite group of all time and honorable mention goes to Gangstarr, Pharcyde, Eric B & Rakim, Epmd , De La Soul, Mobb Deep, NWA, and shouts to the fugees, the roots, and outkast FUCK YING YANG TWINS!!!! hahahaha