Sticky Beat This! Theme Suggestions

I think he and fade would both TBH
Vogueing Marlon Riggs GIF by Fandor
I think you might be onto sumthing there hahahahahahahaha

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Might be a lil late for this now, as itll probably be over before the next Beat This! but flipping the Olympic theme could be cool?

Not bad but the first thing that comes to mind is when we had the Super Mario theme and after the battle everyone was so annoyed with the Super Mario music lol.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Some sort of ethnic maybe? Asian or Mid Eastern type theme?
Can always revisit old themes Fade... hard rock guitar as an example.
Instrument themes are always nice. Sitar, Bongos, Sax, etc. even like, only acoustic bass, heavy piano or even a drum only competition (Made yourself, not a loop)
And there is always your sample flips., except we will all hate the sample after the battle.
Can do a genre type as well, like the g funk... lo-fi, trap, drill, even dub.
Can do a happy or dark type theme.

Just throwin shit out there like
dealer GIF

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
there is Trap and Trap. People need to let go of the 2015 brass synth 123 key trap....:p but really bring some radio worthy quality..
Just like boombap its about the rhytem, the bpm..and there is so much to choose from, samples, guitars, orchestrals...etc..Just like sampled soul hiphop its quite hard to produce a quality track, and takes time and practise to get the right chords n drums in harmony...and i think most agree with me on that. Each category takes a different skill set which can only be mastered by putting in work hour

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
I don't have the next one set yet because I wanted to get some ideas from you guys.

So give some ideas and we'll try to pick one.
Could always do something like time signature maybe only beats in 3/4 time, or only in a certain key. Maybe do certain song structures ex. ABABCB. There are tons of variables you could use as parameters.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yessssss I'm not good at sampling at all and it seems like all they want us to do is sample....I actually like to make my own music n not make someone else's music my own by sampling
Most themes don't require sampling. We just had G-Funk which wouldn't have worked well if it was just sampling.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yessssss I'm not good at sampling at all and it seems like all they want us to do is sample....I actually like to make my own music n not make someone else's music my own by sampling

Same. And I also suck at sampling. But I wish I could do it.
I'm attempting it anyway as the challenge may help me find a way to grow.
My beat sucks and sounds nothing like 'me', but there ya go.

A waste of time? Maybe. Maybe not.

members online