Sticky Beat This! Theme Suggestions

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
Yeah you may be right about that one.
Someone else said sound design. Saw a video once, where this guy recorded some ice cubes rattling in a cup and made an entire beat, including bassline, with what he recorded. Idk just kicking some ideas around.
I've been thinking of that but a bit hard to enforce. Unless we just use our ears and decide if it's a sample or not.

Yeah you may be right about that one.
Someone else said sound design. Saw a video once, where this guy recorded some ice cubes rattling in a cup and made an entire beat, including bassline, with what he recorded. Idk just kicking some ideas around.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
there is Trap and Trap. People need to let go of the 2015 brass synth 123 key trap....:p but really bring some radio worthy quality..
Just like boombap its about the rhytem, the bpm..and there is so much to choose from, samples, guitars, orchestrals...etc..Just like sampled soul hiphop its quite hard to produce a quality track, and takes time and practise to get the right chords n drums in harmony...and i think most agree with me on that. Each category takes a different skill set which can only be mastered by putting in work hours.

I mean there's Trap, trap and TrAp.
- the old horn shit
- the edm type shit
- and the same one type beat of type beat type shit

and that's it!!!

God forbid someone make a trap track that isn't the same one of those. God forbid someone actually have an ounce of creativity and make something that doesn't just sound like the 1,232,222,646,236 trap beats out there.

Do something original. Be creative.

Stop making the same one beat that's been made five thousand million times. Don't care how well produced it is - it ain't going anywhere.

80s dancing GIF by Soul Train

Idk if it's been done before, but maybe an 80's theme? You have the first wave of boom bap for bappers, then plenty of elements to choose from for the trappers.

Battle Points: 153
I mean there's Trap, trap and TrAp.
- the old horn shit
- the edm type shit
- and the same one type beat of type beat type shit

and that's it!!!

God forbid someone make a trap track that isn't the same one of those. God forbid someone actually have an ounce of creativity and make something that doesn't just sound like the 1,232,222,646,236 trap beats out there.

Do something original. Be creative.

Stop making the same one beat that's been made five thousand million times. Don't care how well produced it is - it ain't going anywhere.
Now im wondering where im standing in your list XD

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Keep them coming. At this point it will be either G Funk or Cinematic. Or Cinematic G-Funk!!!!

holy shit GIF
Do not do a Orchestral sample... I make mine and that is where it is at. Bring together strings, piano, guitar, horns, cello, flutes... Make it, dont copy it.

But G-Funk is... man I love me some funky ass bass lines and shit, so easy on the ears! Shit you can ride too Like Too $hort said!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
*Guest Judges*
I'm sure I heard you had something like this before. But it could be good for occasional guest judging by ILL OGs or at least regular/known users. So it could be a theme: Guest Judge - ILLUSER

The idea being that there could also be a theme; that theme being a style the guest judge is known for. It could also just be left as a NoTheme with a guest judge. But could also be like Theme: Guest Judge - 2GooD: BoomBap

Or such.

The submissions would remain anonymous, and the judge would pick their top 5. Maybe with a short explanation on their choices (or leave that bit optional).