Beat This! Competition - January 24-25, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats @Delta_Nine! That was some dope shit. I was feeling @Ys Man the most, it reminded me of OGC. @V.J. Retro was on point too.

I am convinced everyone in this forum just loves BoomBap/Old school. How is 98% of all tracks old school?:holyshit:
Well what people forget is that this a forum (which is old internet) so of course the majority of us on here are older. If you check any Discord you'll see plenty of younger guys a.k.a Trap/Drill. It would be nice to see more variety though overall, not just Boom Bap style.

Skill, creativity, whatever. It's all about just making something that's dope, period!

Are me and Arvin unknowingly mods?
More like jockstrap hangers-on.

Also might wanna petition fade to do an all trap beat this or something. I'm sure it's enough guys here who make that style and I would even make a beat for it cuz I do actually have like 5 trap beats but still with a boom bap essence.
Actually the past few years I've set up back-to-back Trap and Boom Bap themes. Last year: Trap theme and Boom Bap theme. So I definitely have that lined up soon.

I have a confession. I was intentionally working the people up :ROFLMAO: Its been too quiet and you guys barely interact anymore.
Thank you. Every so often things go quiet so we need either someone to go full mental meltdown or we bring up the typical Boom Bap vs Trap or Hardware vs Software debates. Maybe we can also discuss who's the best Hip Hop producer of all time.

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
There were 2 solid ones in there. Difficult to choose between.

I voted for @Primz

It was a tough tough choice between his and @Da Archangels

These were the only two that really had that star 'song' quality for me. Primz one especially so - I felt like the mix may have been slightly off (vocals seemed a little low and highs were a bit too bright), but from a song perspective it was something special.

Great work @ both.

To any saltshakers... I thought there were other well produced songs. But these had that special quality.

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
I voted for @Primz

These were the only two that really had that star 'song' quality for me. Primz one especially so - I felt like the mix may have been slightly off (vocals seemed a little low and highs were a bit too bright), but from a song perspective it was something special.

Great work @ both.

To any saltshakers... I thought there were other well produced songs. But these had that special quality.
Appreciate the support especially from an OG like yourself, @Iron Keys

I voted for Primz with the Busta Rhymes acapella...def had me hype and I could hear the headphone bleed in the intro of the acapella just like the same one I downloaded 20 years ago lol

I voted for @Primz

Great work @ both.

You sir, are a man of taste.

Max Greenfield Comedy GIF by CBS

Congrats @Delta_Nine much deserved

Thanks for the vote, its the epitome of uncreative though genuinely
The beat suited the vocals perfectly and captured a vibe I havent heard in years, how you got there is unimportant. I noticed that there wasnt too much going on in the beat, but it just still worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online