Beat This! Competition - January 24-25, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
We used to have a hybrid trap guy some time ago. He was a beast!!!!! Always voted for his tracks to encourage more variety in the beat battles. I once won using a boom bap kit ( drum loop and chopped a sample). Nah fam...that's not creativity :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

You think producing trap is being creative?

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
If you actually read what i said, i said there was a guy who produced hybrid trap as a variety, never did i say creativity is trap bruv. I pointed out variety.
its funny how people think anyone else cares about their opinion on music when its all a personal preference, it all has its place

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

Are me and Arvin unknowingly mods?

We used to have a hybrid trap guy some time ago.

Memento?

each to their own i didnt see any stipulation about creativity in the rules, its just music its about a feeling not a skill based system.

I think 'Creativity' is one of the elements in the voting we're supposed to base our decision on.

But that can be subjective, one man's creative is another man's cliche.

Imho, vote with your gut.

VOTING CRITERIA:
Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Like I said, vote with your gut.

Me personally if something is just rocking it can outweigh everything else... if it sounds to me like it has that magic quality but the mix is a little off, that doneness trumps all.

Also, you should always factor in how that relates to the theme.

Have fun. Stay ill.

Are me and Arvin unknowingly mods?

Memento?

I think 'Creativity' is one of the elements in the voting we're supposed to base our decision on.

But that can be subjective, one man's creative is another man's cliche.

Imho, vote with your gut.

VOTING CRITERIA:

Like I said, vote with your gut.

Me personally if something is just rocking it can outweigh everything else... if it sounds to me like it has that magic quality but the mix is a little off, that doneness trumps all.

Also, you should always factor in how that relates to the theme.

Have fun. Stay ill.
yes Momento. A real G. No, cause i respect your guys work. hahahahaha

You think producing trap is being creative?

Chappelles Show Lol GIF
We can laugh and joke and banter about trap vs boombap, its all creative, some moreso than others, on both sides. That said, boombap built the platform of which we all stand. Just do you.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Will never forget that piano theme beat Momento did, I should not have won that one :censored:
I'll have to check... can't remember yours. Maybe that's case in point then :LOL:

Was Memento's the one with arpeggiated piano? I remember thinking the arpeggio was a bit much, and maybe that the mix was a bit harsh/loud. He sorted out his loudness issue tho iirc

I remember you had this one poplock Westcoast type beat that I thought was dope played it about 50 times... think it was in a Beat It Up

We can laugh and joke and banter about trap vs boombap, its all creative, some moreso than others, on both sides. That said, boombap built the platform of which we all stand. Just do you.
I get it bro. But no one wants to experiment at all? :( Iv heard you do all types of genres and they were all banging.

I'll have to check... can't remember yours. Maybe that's case in point then :LOL:

Was Memento's the one with arpeggiated piano? I remember thinking the arpeggio was a bit much, and maybe that the mix was a bit harsh/loud. He sorted out his loudness issue tho iirc

I remember you had this one poplock Westcoast type beat that I thought was dope played it about 50 times... think it was in a Beat It Up
I am always trying out new things, you would be surprised how me doing other genres have helped me find sounds i love and always use. Like i have a drum kit i always run to. And it came from a boom Bap drum kit. :LOL:

I get it bro. But no one wants to experiment at all? :( Iv heard you do all types of genres and they were all banging.
Thanks, I personally like to try and mix it all up a bit, a lot can be learned from a bit of experimentation, after making music for as many years I have been, a little bit of a genre change can keep things interesting, its through doing that I realised that music is music and there isnt really too much difference between genres. I do like to try and pay a little homage to the genres that paved the way for my love of music, if it wasnt for the great music of the past that inspired artists of the present then where would any of us be. Fuck money, fuck record deals, just the ability to express yourself using an artform of passion like music is a great hobby to have, whatever music or genre you make.

Thanks, I personally like to try and mix it all up a bit, a lot can be learned from a bit of experimentation, after making music for as many years I have been, a little bit of a genre change can keep things interesting, its through doing that I realised that music is music and there isnt really too much difference between genres. I do like to try and pay a little homage to the genres that paved the way for my love of music, if it wasnt for the great music of the past that inspired artists of the present then where would any of us be. Fuck money, fuck record deals, just the ability to express yourself using an artform of passion like music is a great hobby to have, whatever music or genre you make.
We all came from there :love:. Right now trying out drill, love how the hi hat structure is

Status
Not open for further replies.