Battle That! Competition - September 15-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ROUND 3 IS OVER!

The two beats that advanced to the FINALS: #26 and #27.

Make sure to stop by tomorrow for the FINALS and vote for the beat beat!

Battle Points: 153
Smoking Gun Boom GIF by IRN-BRU

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
What's you guy's approach when you struggle to decide between two beats?

My inclination is to not vote so it serves as a kinda 'vote for both', but it's the final so deserves a vote.

I've scored them about even.

How do you guys decide when stuck between two beats?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
What's you guy's approach when you struggle to decide between two beats?

My inclination is to not vote so it serves as a kinda 'vote for both', but it's the final so deserves a vote.

I've scored them about even.

How do you guys decide when stuck between two beats?
go to mix, instuments used, like if they did MORE in their beat which = tougher, stuff like that

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
go to mix, instuments used, like if they did MORE in their beat which = tougher, stuff like that
I've done all of that. And one beat may lose out in one place and win in another.

I wouldn't say that doing more necessarily equals tougher or better --- using less can actually be a lot tougher or require more to get it sounding like a complete thing, as an example.

Having lots going on can sometimes detract from a beat. Equally, it can offer lots of rich and interesting textures.

So both a minimal and a, erm... "maximal"(?) beat can be equally as tough/good.

I might have to have yet another listen on a third set of speakers to decide.

Battle Points: 153
I've done all of that. And one beat may lose out in one place and win in another.

I wouldn't say that doing more necessarily equals tougher or better --- using less can actually be a lot tougher or require more to get it sounding like a complete thing, as an example.

Having lots going on can sometimes detract from a beat. Equally, it can offer lots of rich and interesting textures.

So both a minimal and a, erm... "maximal"(?) beat can be equally as tough/good.

I might have to have yet another listen on a third set of speakers to decide.
:facts::this:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It doesn't matter to me what style the beats are, I'm voting for what sounds best to me. I'm always looking for the mix, if it has a full sound, whether there's a bassline or not, and the overall vibe. Some beats are dope but are a bit repetitive so changeups are good but some can be too much.

I'm just looking for that sweet spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.