Battle That! Competition - September 13-16, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES I knew (and hoped) it was Memento and 2Good (didn't wanna bait it up tho).

I despise 2Good for beating me with an emo-bap beat. Despise. 3rd time b2b winning cunt :LOL:

Congrats bro.

So the "one I like what it's doing" is @Memento Beats and the one I like the sound of is @2GooD Productions
- Memz, I love that it's drill but it's kinda Eastern sounds (I planned on doing this before so was like oi, my plan!). 2G nice beat it felt a little strained tho, am I right in thinking you hit the 2bus limiter extra hard in these battles? Sounds that way to me.

Also, this is the furthest I've come in a Battle That. I'm fairly confident I would have won the final if I got through R3 - my R3 was my poorest executed beat. If I had more time on it I coulda pipped 2G and my final beat is fire.

Good fun and games, I hope I'll get to give each beat an analysis but don't think I'll get time. Maybe I'll do one end of month in a Lab thread.

And as always... would love to hear your thoughts on my beats.

(Ha for once @Armani you were completely wrong, I guess I'll have to put Monkey noises next time :p:LOL:

Love and ILL

Keys
Armani called it fr9m the start, said we would.meet in the semis and we did

lol, 5 years. Never thought it would ever happen. I was totally unprepared for this one, didnt even mean to use the round 2 and 3 beats, wanted to use something else, but last minute dot com realised I had to upload my beats after seeing @Iron Keys comment about upload confirmation. So rushed quickly in 5 mins to pick my beats and fucked up the selection. Never thought Id get past round 2. Was always going to use my beat for the final, I think its the best beat Ive made all year. Thanks for the votes, and sorry @Armani , was only 2 points behind me lmao. Thats funny, in a fucked up way, you worked so hard to get there.
don't say that, now Iron's gonna say he's the reason u won and do this thing:

1694895707161.png

(in all fairness tho, @Iron Keys u did get the 3rd place, so cheers to u too :coffee:)

Honestly I don't mind the L. if I had won this battle while also getting ahead of you, I probably would've lost motivation to come back here, and would've got intolerably cocky to the extent of self hatred as well.

I'm still dazzled that LA.ZO wasn't Iron tho. he was the reason I predicted you & Iron will match at the semi's cuz he had LITERALLY His sound. kinda Iconic that Iron was the guy to beat him.

@Memento Beats must be hating me right now. Congrats on making the final, really nice beat IMO. Think its the first time Ive heard drill in the final.
First of all, I would like to sincerely congratulate you on your win. :giggle: I knew that you were number #27 and I knew whom I would be facing in the final and as soon as I learned it I knew you would win. ;) With all due respect but you have your own style that is well respected and known on ILL and no way some guy with drill beat would win with your boom bap :D

At the same time, it was great fight. I think that the whole battle was very even and all the guys brought pure heat. I respect all of you guys. Great battle indeed. :giggle:

@2GooD Productions you're the king here :giggle: I'm glad we were able to meet in the final :D Thank you for the battle

I'm not sad because I'm celebrating Poland's National Volleyball Team win on Euro Volleyball. :love: I won some cash by betting on them so I'm celebrating that with a glass of wine in my hand. :D

@Iron Keys Thank you for kind words, I appreciate you liked my beat but I don't understand your rant about mono at all :LOL::LOL::LOL: I don't hear no mono here at all :D

Lastly, I'm sorry to say this, but @GrooveGenius you lost a lot in my eyes :( With all due respect but your post about trap was the most disrespectful post I've seen here. You even beat Memento Beats 2020 here. :( Not cool at all.

Anyway, let's make some noise for @2GooD Productions !!! :D

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
First of all, I would like to sincerely congratulate you on your win. :giggle: I knew that you were number #27 and I knew whom I would be facing in the final and as soon as I learned it I knew you would win. ;) With all due respect but you have your own style that is well respected and known on ILL and no way some guy with drill beat would win with your boom bap :D

At the same time, it was great fight. I think that the whole battle was very even and all the guys brought pure heat. I respect all of you guys. Great battle indeed. :giggle:

@2GooD Productions you're the king here :giggle: I'm glad we were able to meet in the final :D Thank you for the battle

I'm not sad because I'm celebrating Poland's National Volleyball Team win on Euro Volleyball. :love: I won some cash by betting on them so I'm celebrating that with a glass of wine in my hand. :D

@Iron Keys Thank you for kind words, I appreciate you liked my beat but I don't understand your rant about mono at all :LOL::LOL::LOL: I don't hear no mono here at all :D

Lastly, I'm sorry to say this, but @GrooveGenius you lost a lot in my eyes :( With all due respect but your post about trap was the most disrespectful post I've seen here. You even beat Memento Beats 2020 here. :( Not cool at all.

Great fight everyone and congrats to @2GooD Productions on the win.

One thing that I absolutely love is the fact that I managed to win in the same genres in round 1, 2 and 3.
Round 1 - vs @V.J. Retro boom bap vs boom bap
Round 2 - vs @Hypermanbeatz drill vs drill
Round 3 - vs @Brutal Caesar boom bap vs boom bap

I think it's the most even battle that I've seen here. As someone wrote: it looks as if there were some two themes: boom bap and trap. :D

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133

I've lost many battles to beats I KNOW in my heart are better but it is what it is. Some of you take this way too seriously lol. Imagine being at a comedy club and the comic makes fun of your girlfriend/wife. Are you going to get all sappy and cry about it? I didn't go in on anyone, I simple stated my dislike for trap and my preference for boom bap, NY style hip-hop.

2G nice beat it felt a little strained tho, am I right in thinking you hit the 2bus limiter extra hard in these battles? Sounds that way to me.
I thought I had another day to worry about getting the mixes right, then found out I didnt. So I cant honestly tell you how hard they are pushing the limiter.

I've lost many battles to beats I KNOW in my heart are better but it is what it is. Some of you take this way too seriously lol. Imagine being at a comedy club and the comic makes fun of your girlfriend/wife. Are you going to get all sappy and cry about it? I didn't go in on anyone, I simple stated my dislike for trap and my preference for boom bap, NY style hip-hop.
If it's like this, then I'm taking back what I wrote :D Thought it was serious :giggle: Anyway, I also like old school and NY style hip hop, but I can't hide that I adore drill and trap beats too :D

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I was all-in on mostly Boom Bap for several years but recently realized that Boom Bap has a very narrow lane these days. It has its lane for sure and there will be people and artists who appreciate the nostalgia that it brings. I have only recently started branching out more into R&B, NEO-R&B and various trap style beats to be more well-balanced.

I was all-in on mostly Boom Bap for several years but recently realized that Boom Bap has a very narrow lane these days. It has its lane for sure and there will be people and artists who appreciate the nostalgia that it brings. I have only recently started branching out more into R&B, NEO-R&B and various trap style beats to be more well-balanced.
I used to be the same, but after sitting with the youngsters on the come up at the studio, the drill grew on me. As did trap, to the point I even won last year with a trap beat.
Ive found its always best to try and appreciate new things because you never know where the next bit of inspiration is coming from. We all have the music we love that satisfies our soul, then we also have a dynamic landscape of music that constantly evolves, and we have to evolve with it to stay relevant in the current business landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.