::: White people :::

• beat this! voting starts in...

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Look I'm not trying to instigate anything.

What I said is my genuine reaction to what I read. I'm surprised no-one else can see it.

It's not stuff "we" like in general at all. It sounds like the stuff that American,rich, liberal people who conform to stereotypes are into. That post about Asian girls made me want to punch my monitor when I read it.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
nope....cause everybody likes fried chicken and watermelon lol

Yeah, I do too; which is kinda my point. I thought that the stereotype of a black man eating fried chicken and watermelon, usually while raping a white woman, was an offensive stereotype; apparently I'm wrong.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Cant see the first link because its blocked here at work, so I cant say if its funny or just plain stupid. But I knew this thread this was going to be trouble as soon as I read the subject line.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Now your the one being racist Sincock..yo , I know I type LOL alot but this blog has had me crying at some points laughun so hard, white folks DO over analyse everything..And threaten to move to canada and all this other shit, not all of it applies to ME per se but enough to make it hilarious and not racist...
It even tells you how to exploit whites on there !! LOL
This is some truly funny shit, great find!

Difficult breakups is true ..lol
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/70-difficult-breakups/

It is imperative that you do not attempt to kick them out of their misery by saying things like “get over it,” “there are other people out there,” or “I don’t want to read your poem.” Implying that there things in the world more important to you than their breakup is considered one of the rudest actions possible.

If you are lucky enough to speak a second language, the best thing you can do for a white person in this situation is to give them an expression in that language that relates to breaking up. This will make them feel better since they are comforted by the gesture and happy to be learning a new sentence that they can reuse to with their friends.

And sincock , yes this is about americans...and some canadians ..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sincock, chill man it's true! ALL white people are like this, it's SO true, we're so fuckin lame.

*Fade walks away doing the Humpty Dance.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Sincock, chill man it's true! ALL white people are like this, it's SO true, we're so fuckin lame.

*Fade walks away doing the Humpty Dance.

Yes yes it's true, I'm in denial.

I just wanted to be jiggy with it.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yeah, I do too; which is kinda my point. I thought that the stereotype of a black man eating fried chicken and watermelon, usually while raping a white woman, was an offensive stereotype; apparently I'm wrong.

lol, i think its apparent that your a lil overly sensitive..which is cool lol... but the whole raping thing...thats a completely diff thing IMO, im not saying this list is 100% fact, cause of course ALL white people dont like everything on that list...but 1 it was written by a white person(S) 2 i think they took what a large portion of what white people actually like or what this guy as a white person thought a majority of his fellow white people lol like and threw it on the list.

I wont front and say that i wouldn't be pissed if i heard somebody say that black men just want to rape white women..it doesn't hold any truth over a large majority of black men...and when i watch the news and see all these women and little children getting sexually abused....i rarely see a black guy....

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
lol, i think its apparent that your a lil overly sensitive..which is cool lol... but the whole raping thing...thats a completely diff thing IMO, im not saying this list is 100% fact, cause of course ALL white people dont like everything on that list...but 1 it was written by a white person(S) 2 i think they took what a large portion of what white people actually like or what this guy as a white person thought a majority of his fellow white people lol like and threw it on the list.

I wont front and say that i wouldn't be pissed if i heard somebody say that black men just want to rape white women..it doesn't hold any truth over a large majority of black men...and when i watch the news and see all these women and little children getting sexually abused....i rarely see a black guy....

What makes you think it was written by a white guy? the writer is anonymous as far as I can see. If you're referring to the photos, they are not of the author they are just to illustrate the article.

These generalisations about whites don't hold true to me either. I used that as an example of something that is obviously wrong and offensive to make my point. I don't want anyone starting up saying I'm making racist comments now.

That video of Weird Al is actually funny but it doesn't actually resemble anyone I know; I can tell from watching it he's not making a generalisation about race he's talking about a certain type of white person. Can you see the difference?

The point I was making with my offensive example was that if you find that type of generalisation hurtful or offensive then you might understand what I'm talking about. Maybe not as it turns out.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Look I'm not trying to instigate anything.

You are trying to instigate.

Your demeanor is 100x more offensive than any of the material posted in this thread.

Your stance is that for those that do not agree with you, "fuck you"

For those that have a different sense of humor, "fuck you".

Here's my thoughts on you so far:
- you are a shallow, simple, misguided idiot, you mean well, however don't have the knowledge to say anything of value.
- you've been on this forum for three months, screaming at a group of people who have helped each other and learned from each other about music and life for more than five years.
- you think that your opinion is fact. kind of sick and scary at the same time.

Since I'm feeling gratious, I will attempt to provide you with some simple logic (although I doubt any logic will permeate that thick mentally unbalanced head of yours).

- Comedy in the U.S. is incredibly important. Among the arts, it is one medium which has been able to break down many barriers. Please realize this - here in the U.S., comedy is one of the few mediums we have to discuss issues which are too controversial and uncomfortable to discuss in regular day to day life. Same with science fiction, same with hip hop - all are creative vehicles which allow forward thinking people to address topics (race, politics, gender, etc) which cannot normally be discussed. The open dialogue generated by these arts serve a greater good, to bring things out in the open where people can work together to improve their situation.

No one is saying blatant racism is funny, because it is not. What is funny though is the phrasing, words, timing, and discussing controversial things that people think about, talk about behind closed doors, and wouldn't normally say in public. Joking about these topics is a type of humor known as being "edgy". I like it. So fuck you and your judgemental beliefs, asshole.

As for your semi - apology, I told you to ease off, you told me to fuck off. So please, if you cannot carry yourself with any decency, and cannot calmly discuss current events, philosophy, politics, please, go to another website, because you are wasting everyone's time with your know-it-all attitude and your holier than thou demeanor.

You are a fucking idiot. Wake up and stop trying to force your views on others, you fucking asshole.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.

I read "Stuff White People Like" and could not stop from busting up laughing. This is the funniest shit I have read in a while.

Sin... you gotta chill man. Go rent a Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock comedy video. Or better yet, rent one of the Dave Chappelle Show DVDs. Or check them out on YouTube.

You gotta understand American humor and the way that the different races here deal with each other-- especially through comedy. I understand your points, but it's different here than in Hong Kong or Australia, wherever you're from. Kick back and go check out some Dave Chappelle on YouTube, specifically where he's a black, blind, white supremacist.

America has a unique situation from the rest of the world regarding its race issues-- and how comedy crosses over.

People from other countries don't understand it as much as they think they do.

Chill, man-- use the anger to write a song.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
God has spoken....

To me you cant argue with the creator..
Sincock your ruining a very funny thread and are making it racist where it is not..
If your so insulted then move to canada!! (you have to read the blog to get it, sooo true here)

^^ the blog is not written by black people bro... and yes there is funny lists and blogs about blacks too... i personally think its cleverly written and for the most part very accurate.... i dont know why people seem to think that blacks and whites are the same , cuz they are not ..... i thought the blog was a clever way of pointing out some differences. I thought it was fuckin hilarious actually... the blog seemed to cater more towards the urban areas .. me living in nyc i see all things they speak of on the daily. its just fuuny to see someone put it all into words.

haha pleease link me to a black people blog that is like this white people on, I been in tears already , that may just make me fall over laughing...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
fact is all cultures in America are different.. and thankfully so because in the next 300 years it will merge and these cultural identites will slowly dissolve (if America is still around). This is why people of the same race most generally have the most in common with the same perspective of humor and background references from since they were a kid. God refers to this by mentioning that American humor makes fun of these differences which also breaks-the-ice of the communication barrier that 'many' of the people from each of these races feel but for years did not publically speak of.

I feel this is one of the things that makes America great. Because they are using humor to build lines of communication that break-down forms of 'secret feelings' that are often the fodder used by hate groups to recruit members.

Yes, we all have differences.. and thankfully so! Diversity breeds life and stagnation breeds death.

It is interesting that I have come to this perspective because when I was younger I was offended by racial humor that made-fun of people. The reason was because I grew up in a small community in Oklahoma in the late 80's early 90's and heard racial hate jokes, that were not funny at all, and from then until older recogonized 'all racial' jokes as iggnorant and evil.

However, as I grew up I started to realize that much humor nowadays that is racially based is not used to spread hate but instead used to 'break-ice'. Although I do think that after the initial excellent comedians, which God mentioned, that many subpar commedians use this topic for a cheap laugh..

take care ill,
-Chrono

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I'd like to apologize to Sincock and Anyone who may have been offended. Here's why....

I have two friends who I have known since High School who no longer talk because of exactly what happened in this thread. Aaron is Indian. I mean a real Indian. Abysmal is a Mexican. They are both really good guys. I'm black and Filipino. Well, Abysmal likes to tell fuct up racist jokes. He's not racist, he just thinks they are funny. One day he told this hella fuct up joke about black people in front of Aaron. Aaron politely asked him not to do that kind of sh*t in front of him. He had the same reaction Sincock had. Well Abysmal was equally offended that Aaron was offended because Abysmal isn't racist so they almost got into an actually fist fight over it.

My point is..... people have different toleration levels and if someone doesn't like what you did, you stop doing it or stop hanging around them. I kind of sided with Aaron because you can't make momma jokes around someone who lost their Mom and expect them to be cool with it.

If you go to their about section and read the comments, they are just like this thread. Most people love it but there are a few white people who don't like it.

I think Sincock is just upset because sometimes the truth can hurt.

It's satire. Ease up.

I thought the blog was written by White People?

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
You are trying to instigate.

Your demeanor is 100x more offensive than any of the material posted in this thread.

Your stance is that for those that do not agree with you, "fuck you"

For those that have a different sense of humor, "fuck you".

Here's my thoughts on you so far:
- you are a shallow, simple, misguided idiot, you mean well, however don't have the knowledge to say anything of value.
- you've been on this forum for three months, screaming at a group of people who have helped each other and learned from each other about music and life for more than five years.
- you think that your opinion is fact. kind of sick and scary at the same time.

Since I'm feeling gratious, I will attempt to provide you with some simple logic (although I doubt any logic will permeate that thick mentally unbalanced head of yours).

- Comedy in the U.S. is incredibly important. Among the arts, it is one medium which has been able to break down many barriers. Please realize this - here in the U.S., comedy is one of the few mediums we have to discuss issues which are too controversial and uncomfortable to discuss in regular day to day life. Same with science fiction, same with hip hop - all are creative vehicles which allow forward thinking people to address topics (race, politics, gender, etc) which cannot normally be discussed. The open dialogue generated by these arts serve a greater good, to bring things out in the open where people can work together to improve their situation.

No one is saying blatant racism is funny, because it is not. What is funny though is the phrasing, words, timing, and discussing controversial things that people think about, talk about behind closed doors, and wouldn't normally say in public. Joking about these topics is a type of humor known as being "edgy". I like it. So fuck you and your judgemental beliefs, asshole.

As for your semi - apology, I told you to ease off, you told me to fuck off. So please, if you cannot carry yourself with any decency, and cannot calmly discuss current events, philosophy, politics, please, go to another website, because you are wasting everyone's time with your know-it-all attitude and your holier than thou demeanor.

You are a fucking idiot. Wake up and stop trying to force your views on others, you fucking asshole.

Let's overreact a bit shall we.

Because I disagree, I'm a know-it-all?

I'm well aware of what "edgy" humour is and also like it; I don't think this qualifies but that is just an opinion.

"Forcing my opinion on others": that's a joke right? Seems like it's the other way around when almost every other post in this thread has disagreed with what I've said. I'm not going to follow along because you all think differently, which is what you seem to expect.

I didn't make a semi apology, nor will I. I didn't stoop to making personally abusive and hurtful remarks like you have either, nor will I.

My stance is not "Fuck you" to those who disagree or have a different sense of humour; my stance is fuck you to those who think the blatant racism, as I see it, in the blog is okay. I'm not going to be not offended because you think it's funny or "satire"

Your statement about comedy in the US applies to the rest of the world also; take your head out of the sand and look around. The planet does not revolve around your own small part of the world. I though we were having a discussion. I don't need your patronising attitude of "ease off" telling me to get upset about real issues; that's why I said "fuck you".

I say what I think and I say what I would say in person and I will continue to do that. I mean no disrespect to anyone by disagreeing with them nor do I take offense when disagreed with. If there's a problem with that take it up with Fade and the mods and get me banned cause if you don't you're gonna be stuck with me; cause I like this site and most of the people on it and I like being part of, and hopefully contributing to, an online community that helps and learns from each other about music and life, (two things I am passionately interested in). You're other choice is to put me on ignore but I'd hope you're bigger than that.

So, sorry if you took offense but not sorry for my opinion, which may or may not be fact, and not sorry for anything I've said.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
The blog was funny and i dont think it was offensive but i do think it was general....
White and black are very general terms used in american society..
A black Nigerian, an black dominican, and black brazilian and a black american

are going to have totally differnt cultural contexts and experinces

just like a southern white persona, A NYC white person, a scottish white person, and a russian american white person...
But either way it was a good laugh and i think people on both sides need to stop taking themselves to seriously....

im and educated black man who has traveled all over the world..
And i LOVE fried chicken, pigs feet, hog-moss, neckbones, chitlens, watermelon,fatback andturky legs..

I dont call koolaid cherry, i say red...

And i have realtives that still raise hogs , I love pork like crackheads love crack...

If i cant poke fun at my self, then i dont deserve to poke fun at othersl