classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Instead of clogging up the emiem scratch mag thread i wanted to start a new one
Here is what was said.

Konductor said..
The Konductor said:
Eminem has single handedly changed, and breathed (not sure if thats a word) new air into hip-hops lungs. Before him, a white kid rapping was a joke and wouldn't even be taken serious. Now that he has broken down the barrier more white kids have a chance not only as emcees but also producers.

So big ups to Em. The Tiger Woods of this hip-hop shit.

I said...

classic said:
No disresecpt but..

now we got a buch of suburban white boys and teenie boppers thinking they are hard and reppin hip hop, tryin to be emiemn cloans without respecting the roots

Emimen gots skills and i respect his work

but u think single handlely breathed life into hip hop??? U think he is the tiger woods of hip hop???? yea right... Im mad u even used that comparsion

you must not know hip hop to well

class....

FYI i hate to say it but most white boys rapping still aint takin seriously

hopp said..
DJ Hoppa said:
Taken seriously by you?
Why aren't they?
Are you racist?
You are showing prejudice against whites by that statement, it's quite ignorant.
And what's with the FYI? Does EVERYONE know except for homie that white rappers aren't taken seriously?
I don't even like Eminem.
But that shit rubbed me the wrong way.
I'm only half white as well.
Maybe shit is like that in the "dirty south", but out here white boys are as prevelant as any other minority in the hip hop scene and they are treated EQUALLY.
You ever watch an of the Scribble Jams?
White boys be serving up blacks, mexicans, and vice versa.
This is hip hop man. There is no color.
And eminem did breathe a whole new life into the hip hop game. The new-found suburbian fans was just a bonus.
Oh yea, is there a website where I can subscribe to this mag? I never seen one...

swival said..

djswivel said:
As far as class saying white dudes get no respect, u gotta be kiddin me. Yes, dont get me wrong, this is a black dominated game, but just like in golf, Tiger gets his respect because he deserves it, so does Em so give it up to him. He's rollin with Mr. NWA himself and that isnt enough to garner your approval?? Class, u can have your opinion, but its nothing more than an opinion...Dont fool yourself into thinking you speak the truth

I think this can be a great thread topic, but lets try and keep it clean, i dont wanna beef but i do want to get folks honest opionions on this. My response is below

class....

classic

ill o.g.
my response, racist or realist

Good to see i got everyone’s blood boiling i love a good discussion

You can call me racist all day, that’s fine, but im speaking what people’s perceptions are, like it or not. Now just because i say that most white boys rapping aint taking seriously doesn’t mean i believe its right.

Naw it aint right, there are garbage rappers of all colors stinking up the game right now. And i know there are dope white boys rapping, hell there are a couple raw ones on this site (truth, stress,etc....)

But the point is this, for every "real" white cat out there, U have 1000's of suburabn E-thughs stinking up the game copying MTV . And that stereotype is what prevails in the industry and the black community(which is 97% of the hip hop trends come from) as a whole right now. Maybe it will change one day, but it aint going nowhere for now.

When black peoples perceptions of white boys rapping changes, i have a feeling the game will open up. but for now, Em is going to be the soul great white hope(the qutoa) for white rappers in the game
The same is true for tiger being the soul "black hope" for golf. Golf isent intergrated now.. u see any other black golfers making moves?? I don’t think so….

Thats what i mean when i say that most white rappers still aren’t taken seriously, im not sayin its right, but its realitity
You are blind if u think white cats have an equal opperunitity in the rap game and most of them are taken seriously, that’s just not the case. Most of them are seen as a joke, skills or not......

White rappers have an uphill battle because of weak respentation in the past as well as mistrust and lame sterotypes. They will countinue to be looked upon as imposter(gimmick) MC’s by the general hip hop public (white or black) becasue of these lame misconceptions.
Not to mention (rather some of you want to admit it or not) hip hop is an african american artform.

Its real fucked up aint it?? people juding you on the colour of your skin without giving you a chance to show ur true skill. having to be the absoulte best at something just for people to give u a chance...

WELCOME TO MY EVERYDAY WORLD!!!

Class…..

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
mmmmmh...
Actually, I think that in hiphop in general, a white boy is always GENERALLY taken less seriously even if it shouldnt be that way. When I hear a white man spitting (I know it's wrong, but I'm just being honest), I'll always have, in the back of my head: "Is he for real or is he faking it? Is that his flow or someone else's? etc...."... When it's a black or an latino, I think less about it... I'm not saying that whites are fake and blacks are not... it's just how I think. And of course, a black man can be fake too, or have no skillz...

Also, I would say that Eminem did breath new air into hiphop... or, well let's say he was a Ventolin's shot of hiphop (ventolin is an asthmatic pump)... he helped new air to flow in hiphop lungs. With a white face, he made hiphop more accessible to people how were reluctant to listen to hiphop since the mainstream hiphop scene didnt have a white folk ever since Vanilla Ice. I'm not comparing them at all (Em, I think, is for real and he got skillz, and I got mad respect for him even if I dont like him, and I hate his production). But some people ARE listening to hiphop BECAUSE of Eminem...

I think I have the same opinion as you, Class, some of what you're saying sounds harsh, but it's reality... a white boy IS taken less seriously. For instance, if I hear a nice new beat with a white boy on the radio (not a white girl, a white boy), when I'll hear it's a white boy, I'll be like: "Oh, and he's white? Nice !!!!"

Sad isn't it?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
some people are listening to hiphop because of 50cts also and so on...
so it aint about white or black, its about what is getting fed you dig?

the whole white - black thing is a subconsciously gay discussion..
People should try to dig in farther into hiphop before going into such disccusion, talking about something you dont even know 10 percent of is a sad thing which leads to sad discussions....

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I'm white. When I see a hip-hop act outside of Sweden that's white I immediatly get suspicous. Dunno why :p

I agree with Hoppa that hip-hop has NO color. But it's the music of the working class and under privliged, and white people got another status in society. So I guess white rap is looked upon as "rich people rap" or "suburban rap". So unless you're really talented like Alchemist(the rich jew) or really from poor circumstances and talented like Eminem, you're not gonna get any respect.

And I'm all for that, Rap ain't for the Rich.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Ok Ok Ok...i'm In....i Forgot There Aren't Any Black Suburban Rappers Out There, That Were Born With A Fuckin Silver Spoon In There Mouth......lil Bow Wow.......lil Rich Black Boy. Gimmie A Fuckin Hip Hop Break.....he's Sooo Tuff, And Not Just Him, I Can Name 10000 Other Blllllaaacckkkkk Fags Out There That Dont Know Shit About Being Hard.......hip Hop Did Start Out As A Black Thing, But White People Got Involved Quickly..........beastie Boys 3rd Base, Shit Like That..............eminem Did Change Hip Hop Dontttt Gettt Ittt Twisssted.................he's Got An Ill Flow And Can Hang With Any Black Rapper Out There...................

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Vince said:
I'm white. When I see a hip-hop act outside of Sweden that's white I immediatly get suspicous. Dunno why :p

(...)

So unless you're really talented like Alchemist(the rich jew) or really from poor circumstances and talented like Eminem, you're not gonna get any respect.

That's real right there but...

Vince said:
And I'm all for that, Rap ain't for the Rich.

THAT, I dont agree with. Rap is for everybody with talent and something to say, wheter you're rich or not, black or not, crippled, blind, girl, boys, women, men I dont care... As long as the person as skills, and is not a fake a$$, wannabe black, wanksta rapper, he's all right with me.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Eminem most definately did breathe new air ino hip hop, and im no 'Stan' but i think that isnt even slightly debateable.

yeah ok there are some white guys out there who are just tryin to imitate Em, but there are also some unbelievably talented white guys underground, just like there are unbelievably talented black guys.

''but u think single handlely breathed life into hip hop??? U think he is the tiger woods of hip hop???? yea right... Im mad u even used that comparsion''

as for this im shocked. how can u be mad he made the comparison? its a accurate comparison if u ask me. tiger woods is a sportsman - he aint go through no struggle or anythin like that, he just madly talented.

hip hop is very different to golf when it comes to race. tiger wouldnt of faced racist beatings and shootings on the golf course. Em was facin some life or death shit out there, but he still came up.

and is golf a white man's thing like hip hop is a black man's thing? not even close.

sAfE.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
i didn't say there weren't any suburban black rappers.
i just said that it should be a matter of class, not color.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i respect em etc matter fact am happy hiphop has expanded to all races. you know, back in the day no-body wanted anything to with black people, but other races are glady sharing cultures now. thats a good thing.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
incogneeto said:
Ok Ok Ok...i'm In....i Forgot There Aren't Any Black Suburban Rappers Out There, That Were Born With A Fuckin Silver Spoon In There Mouth......lil Bow Wow.....

yeh and i second that, not all white kids are rich and from the suburbs.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Rhythmikal said:
Eminem most definately did breathe new air ino hip hop, and im no 'Stan' but i think that isnt even slightly debateable.

yeah ok there are some white guys out there who are just tryin to imitate Em, but there are also some unbelievably talented white guys underground, just like there are unbelievably talented black guys.

''but u think single handlely breathed life into hip hop??? U think he is the tiger woods of hip hop???? yea right... Im mad u even used that comparsion''

as for this im shocked. how can u be mad he made the comparison? its a accurate comparison if u ask me. tiger woods is a sportsman - he aint go through no struggle or anythin like that, he just madly talented.

hip hop is very different to golf when it comes to race. tiger wouldnt of faced racist beatings and shootings on the golf course. Em was facin some life or death shit out there, but he still came up.

and is golf a white man's thing like hip hop is a black man's thing? not even close.

sAfE.

i think on the point of tiger woods, you saying he never went through no struggle is not accurate at all. the man went through alot to get to where he is today, it all never came easy just because he had raw talent. alot of white dudes tried to prevent him from entering competitions and training camps amongst other things. em had it hard, but you cant say tiger had it easy to get to where he is.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wellllllll i'm not "white", my skin is "brown", i am "mixed", (read:confused!) and dont you forget it!

anyhoo, on to the topic.

i personally do not see the racist nature of this post, or the viewpoint expressed. although, i know class a little better then most here i suppose, and we have discussed issues of race among other things, so i guess its easier for me to see and understand his points.

anyhow, whites/hispanics/asians/etc as artists are definite minorities, and like it/love it/hate it/ etc...thet truth of the matter is that this is a black artform yes, but the truth is also that art is art and everybody can do it- but there is a struggle to gain acceptance as an outsider, as with ANYTHING. i dig the "welcome to my world" comment at the end. thats reality. wether its being the only white dude in the bad part of town, the new black family in the subdivision dominated by whites, the white dude who plays basketball, etc...... its almost always an uphill struggle when you are the odd man out- the minority.

just *some* of my two cents.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:
i think on the point of tiger woods, you saying he never went through no struggle is not accurate at all. the man went through alot to get to where he is today, it all never came easy just because he had raw talent. alot of white dudes tried to prevent him from entering competitions and training camps amongst other things. em had it hard, but you cant say tiger had it easy to get to where he is.

ok man, i agree with what ur sayin, Tiger will have had to go through a struggle to some extent, but it dont really compare to gettin a gun in your face, beaten up every week and having to spend every last penny u have on trying to feed your daughter.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"every last penny feeding his daughter" has jack to do with being white.....

and, its not supposed to be a pissing contest. i am sure woods had an uphill climb himself, its not about who had a "worse" struggle, the fact remains, they both had to struggle to do something they both were passionate abuot, that the color of their skin was a cause for that adversity.

classic

ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
he aint go through no struggle or anythin like that, he just madly talented.

You are freakin nuts rhymtikal, u cant even begin to imagine the bullshit those snooty rich white country club mothefuckers put him threw. Ive seen it first hand man.. that shit aint no joke. You gotta realise just becasue U dont see it dosent mean it dosent happen.I deal with this shit everyday in graduate school, u wouldent belive some of the things i have to deal with
hence the comment "Welcome to my everday world"

Anyway back to the point

The reson why i look at white MC's with suspeicion is becasue im afraid they are going to take over hip hop and turn it into a "rock &roll" situation
For those who dont know, rock and roll is a form of black music, but was explioted (elvis) so well that no adays you will be hard pressed to find a black musican doing rock. ITs real sad

i DO NOT want to see that happen with hip hop

class...

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
classic said:
When black peoples perceptions of white boys rapping changes, i have a feeling the game will open up. but for now, Em is going to be the soul great white hope(the qutoa) for white rappers in the game
The same is true for tiger being the soul "black hope" for golf. Golf isent intergrated now.. u see any other black golfers making moves?? I don’t think so….

I wouldnt necessarily say Tiger's the only black golfer. Ok I know Vijay Singh isn't really "black", but he is dark skinned so it's close enough. Shit, Vijay's darker than Tiger anyday lol. Bottom line is those 2 are incredible talents, and in the golf community they get the respect they deserve because they earned it. When u put up numbers like Tiger, nobody can deny you your respect. He is, if not will be by the end of his career crowned the best golfer in PGA history.

As for Eminem, he is one of the best MC's to ever touch a mic. I don't love everything he puts out, but you cant deny his talent and you cant deny him his respect. As far as other white rappers go, I havent really seen many white rappers come out. Ok there's Bubba Sparxxx and a few other cats, but Eminem is basically it.

Look at the Beastie Boys. They came out way before Eminem was able to bring hip hop to the masses and they earned respect from whites and blacks alike. Please identify one rapper who has the balls to not give it up to the Beastie Boys. They definately did a lot for hip hop and they had a huge fanbase back when hip hop was still lurking in the shadows of Dance, Alternative, and Grunge.

I think as long as there are talented white MC's coming out, they will at least be given an opportunity to earn their respect. Now yea, many will flop and never be heard of again, but shit, thats the same with black rappers too. 90% of the new artists labels sign go nowhere, thats just the harsh reality of the industry. Put some time and a little bit of moeny behind some real hot white rappers and see what happens

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Class wrote...

"But the point is this, for every "real" white cat out there, U have 1000's of suburabn E-thughs stinking up the game copying MTV . And that stereotype is what prevails in the industry and the black community(which is 97% of the hip hop trends come from) as a whole right now. Maybe it will change one day, but it aint going nowhere for now."

Same applies to blacks.

Whites have been in hip hop for a LONG time man.

Your views are a result of your ethnicity.

If you were of any other descent you'd be speaking an entirely different tune.

97%?

Where did you get this figure, Class?

Anyways, there is NO validity to your statement, except the fact YOU don't take white guys seriously.

Don't speak for everyone when you don't know how everyone feels.

But I see what you're saying, you're viewing hip hop from MTV...

Hah.

There's a HUGE subculture going on my friend, which exists outside of what's force fed to you via MTV, HOT 97, and all the bullshit substance controlled media in which you access your music.

Love em or hate em, this culture (hip hop) is constantly growing and evolving, and I don't think your opinion is helping that.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
.... and I don't think your opinion is helping that.

The fact is... well part of it is HIS opinion (97% ... i dont know...) But to some extent, that the view of most blacks out there, wheter is right or not.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
It's just a never ending cycle...

Class : Try to be open minded, and I will try to not ruin YOUR artform.

Status
Not open for further replies.