What is "Real" Hip Hop?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah lets look at what you're asking...the definitions mean the same here as they do there...lol. I'm not using the words in any unusual or abnormal way so do I really need to answer the question... "does bullshit = fake?"

Seriously, I'm no better than you or anybody else when it comes to life and being a man (in general). However, I do have you beat in the "life experience" department meaning that if there's a test to be administered, it will be by me. As for "Logic", it's telling me that you aren't asking logical questions (i.e. define "real", define "bullshit", does bs=fake...). As for the "Irony" - the irony is...no one else is having a problem understanding the question...What is "real" hip hop? I've not only answered that several times, I've posted video's for a visual confirmation of what it means to me, and supported other responses that defined what real hip hop is. It can't get any clearer. So obviously you aren't catching it while everybody else is or you're choosing not to accept it. Either way, it's ok, at the end of the day it's just another thread that everyone can't or won't agree on...thats all. No anger here, you have my word on that.

:)<---this is my "it's all good" symbol btw...

:) hahaha

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
This discussion accomplishes nothing but having people discuss opinions that are all correct in some way shape or form...

With that being said, I'm going to masturbate.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
You're absolutely, 100% right! and...you're gonna go blind.

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/Noun
1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
But the thing is.....

It's like a heated discussion and it's something we ALWAYS discuss in one way or another....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
agreed, but the bigger picture is...it's good for the forum and the site. Here's the funny thing...2Good and I were casually talking about this in the chatbox and I decided to make it a thread. I never thought it would blow up like it has but our fearless leader likes ish like this and trust, he'll put the brakes on it if it gets too heated.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Yeah lets look at what you're asking...the definitions mean the same here as they do there...lol. I'm not using the words in any unusual or abnormal way so do I really need to answer the question... "does bullshit = fake?"

Seriously, I'm no better than you or anybody else when it comes to life and being a man (in general). However, I do have you beat in the "life experience" department meaning that if there's a test to be administered, it will be by me. As for "Logic", it's telling me that you aren't asking logical questions (i.e. define "real", define "bullshit", does bs=fake...). As for the "Irony" - the irony is...no one else is having a problem understanding the question...What is "real" hip hop? I've not only answered that several times, I've posted video's for a visual confirmation of what it means to me, and supported other responses that defined what real hip hop is. It can't get any clearer. So obviously you aren't catching it while everybody else is or you're choosing not to accept it. Either way, it's ok, at the end of the day it's just another thread that everyone can't or won't agree on...thats all. No anger here, you have my word on that.

:)<---this is my "it's all good" symbol btw...

:) hahaha

Actually I was all wrapped up until your last comment that sparked this convo.

Just say its a general meaning, everything else was extra theatrics you tossed on. (Which still dodges my question "are they equal". People in different areas and walks of life use it/and refer to things differently, I want no mistakes fully knowing what you're saying, meaning, and referring to, dont assume I know what you mean, because I dont assume anything myself (Ok maybe sometimes lol)).

As for the life experience part, maybe. You've lived longer but you dont know my story nor what Ive witnessed, done, or been through. My bio will not say anything about that. On top of that, I watch ALOT. I research ALOT. and there arent too many situations I havent been in, personally. Im not getting into that now but thats your opinion, cant argue that.

If defining "real" isnt logical, this very thread is illogical. Point blank. Which is akin to my point, there is no REAL Hip Hop. Thats just a description, a feeling, like "dude is dope". An opinion.

As for your comment: "What is "real" hip hop? I've not only answered that several times, I've posted video's for a visual confirmation of what it means to me, and supported other responses that defined what real hip hop is"

I said nothing about any of this since the beginning. So I dont think you were saying it to my benefit. If its me not catching on, its really me still trying to make yall understand that real is an opinion not a fact or some other label you think it has. Real is an opinion, and you've given yours. Are you waiting for me to acknowledge your opinion? Idk. I understand yall have a label of what you call real, duh, thats not my issue.

My issue is, real isnt something you should make your definition or foundation. Its, as you put it Dac, Illogical. But yall like to hold on to old definitions. Which is cool.

But like I said pages ago, this will go on forever, And Im tired of repeating myself on the same point that Ive made since the beginning. If the fact that "real is individual to each individual" isnt concrete to anybody at this point, it wont be. And thats cool.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I feel like trolling. :fail:

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
lol

Cheers :irish:

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
SMH

Currently Active Users: 85 (5 members and 80 guests)

My issue is, real isnt something you should make your definition or foundation. Its, as you put it Dac, Illogical. But yall like to hold on to old definitions. Which is cool.

No not really dox, I dont like to hold onto definitions, I tried to explain a definition repeatedly, over and over again, because I was asked to, but found it impossible to explain to you. Mainly because halfway through the argument you decided to switch the argument from what is real from a hip hop standpoint to what is real from a philosophical standpoint.
As for does bs=fake. Duh, thats like saying does water = h20. Or does fire=hot.
Or does repetetive=boring. Also some truths are universal, which I also tried explaining. Hence the term "universal truth". Whether someone decides to percieve a universal truth as truth or not is irrellevant, it doesnt change the facts. But thanks, its now "perceived" that me trying to explain some "fundamental concepts of reality" makes me "rant" and "overcompensate" for something as a "european".

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
.. what is real from a hip hop standpoint to what is real from a philosophical standpoint.

My point was there isnt a difference. Which you obviously still dont get. Real means real in any context, no?? ok You better say yes because any other point would erase your next point

As for does bs=fake. Duh, thats like saying does water = h20. Or does fire=hot.

I was asking Dac, his point depended on a differentiation of the two if I recall the convo. So this is pretty irrelevant honestly. I really dont care enough to research back either. But I do remember there being a direct point for that. You can go back if you want.

Also some truths are universal, which I also tried explaining. Hence the term "universal truth".

Theres also common sense, is that common?? no. See how tricky names can be?? You cant assume that something is indeed true for all people either. (Back to my original point). But, I'll agree for the fuck of it tho.

Whether someone decides to percieve a universal truth as truth or not is irrellevant, it doesnt change the facts.

Truths or facts change. Positives become negative. left can become right. Whats my point? Nothing stays the same. And not everything is the same for everyone. So "Universal truths" are more like truths that alot of people believe at the moment aka popular opinion/beliefs. Science proves its self wrong all the time. Its what its there for. Once again you're putting up an argument based generalizations. Now, if not everyone sees the world the same, how can you NOT make distinctions and specifications so everyone understands?

for example: Africa is in the same spot. x amount of miles from America, and x amount of miles from china. It has specific coordinates, a universal truth, correct? You cant take a generalization like "Head west and you'll reach africa" for some they need to head north, some they need to head south. But for most It'll take a combination of North, West, South, and or East with routes and a compass to reach that place. (My point about defining what you mean and being specific)

But for the fuck of it, I'll say you're right.

But thanks, its now "perceived" that me trying to explain some "fundamental concepts of reality" makes me "rant" and "overcompensate" for something as a "european".

Thats better haha! Im not even gonna speak on your concept of reality. But, we wouldnt be in disagreement if ours were the same. And yet, THAT is reality. The fact we see this issue different proves my point. Reality isnt the same for all. (There I go repeating myself again)

I know yall arent going to see this how Im saying. I cant sit here and fill out every little detail unfortunately. But the good news is, you can do it your self. Take a look at the changing world around you. Definitions change. The world changes. Dont be so quick to use things that change easily as a basis for your life. You'll only start to resent the next generation for changing your world, when in fact, they learned the world really isnt what you experienced or thought and taught them it is. Your reality isnt theirs. Period. And this is a general statement. And this Reality "Philosophy" applies to hip hop (Which I hope is obvious to you who had that arguement).

And before your response, please, please ask your self "Has Ace obliterated what Im about to say with an earlier point already?" I'll appreciate it. Im tired of repeating myself. (There we go again)

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
P.S. My presence in this thread is what happens when video shoots get cancelled do to rain, and someone like myself obviously likes debating too much.

P.S.S. 5 members and 54 guests at 6:20am, yall obviously like debates also. smh I need sleep

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
these are just up and coming beatmakers that are still scared to let people hear their work.

Thats crazy to think its 80 of them lol

Thats better haha! Im not even gonna speak on your concept of reality. But, we wouldnt be in disagreement if ours were the same. And yet, THAT is reality. The fact we see this issue different proves my point. Reality isnt the same for all.

I get what you are saying & for the sake of it, Ill just agree.

As for obliterating arguments... funny choice of words. And in your own reality >> Only from your perspective. lol.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I get what you are saying & for the sake of it, Ill just agree.

As for obliterating arguments... funny choice of words. And in your own reality >> Only from your perspective. lol.

Again, my point proven. lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.