Tribes, Biases, Battles and Voting

Thats the dilemma, you want to make music but if you re in THAT state, nothing will satisfy you. So there is a point where both creating and quitting just seem undoable so you re mentally floating around in limbo.
Nah that's not it. I know what the true dilemma is;

Who asked? :skull:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
That's the thing, for 'Creatives' it ain't really a hobbie. Especially not a hobbie or something you 'pick'.

Like you don't just sit there and go 'hm, I think i will do music'. It's a compulsion. A need. Like breathing. You don't 'choose' to breathe, if you hold your breath you're compelled to gasp for air. You feel compelled to create, almost by some external force that emanates from the core of your being. Like a hunger.

Couple that with a proneness to perfectionism. And you have a recipe for turmoil.

You want to make, you have to make, but what you make isn't good enough (at least in your eyes). So you think you should stop, but you don't want you. It's a real inner conflict.

Your logic says you should quit, but your logic may be clouded. You being needs you to create. And you don't know what is the answer.

Tortured Artist.

That's the thing, for 'Creatives' it ain't really a hobbie. Especially not a hobbie or something you 'pick'.

Like you don't just sit there and go 'hm, I think i will do music'. It's a compulsion. A need. Like breathing. You don't 'choose' to breathe, if you hold your breath you're compelled to gasp for air. You feel compelled to create, almost by some external force that emanates from the core of your being. Like a hunger.

Couple that with a proneness to perfectionism. And you have a recipe for turmoil.

You want to make, you have to make, but what you make isn't good enough (at least in your eyes). So you think you should stop, but you don't want you. It's a real inner conflict.

Your logic says you should quit, but your logic may be clouded. You being needs you to create. And you don't know what is the answer.

Tortured Artist.
I can relate 100%, Im pretty sure we all can. Its part and parcel of making music, or any other artform.
It is definitely a hobby though, until it becomes a career. Until that point its a side hustle, we do it for fun. If we can turn that fun into a career then great, but to be honest the chances of that happening are minute.
The conflict inside us is nothing when compared to the struggle we face outside our own heads.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Keep @Iron Keys the compulsion but lose the perfection.

members online