Showcase - December 5-11, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
$

$m$lab

So here's this, I'm new here pls don't judge :( feedback would be nice :)

Dedskin

i never high pass bass , do low pass to cut off excess high frequency's , that why i was thinking that, but now when you mention side chaining kick/bass maybe i can do that , take a listen at my post here , there is a side chain going on but not on the bass or kick its on that horn that starts the song . MrBeats Till my bones collapse

MystaKinfolk

Battle Points: 62
I wanted to enter this one in the Battle, y'all better be lucky I didn't!. J/K. The mix is a little shitty but hey! Feedback please!

DCtheKid

@Erik
Love the sample selection and the way you chopped it up. I sample too and for some reason I can never chop vocals well.

My only criticism of the beat is that I felt were too far back in the mix. Personal preference but I feel that the drums you selected were good but I wanted to hear them closer up to the front(not necessarily overpower your melody). Good work my man!

So here's this, I'm new here pls don't judge :( feedback would be nice :)

I liked the piano melody you used alot. The beat felt a bit "slow" and empty tbh: I think it could benefit from a faster high hat pattern. Re: emptiness, I'd add some reverb to the snare to make it take up more space in the mix and see if you can find some other percussive elements/open hat etc to fill up space.

Bass needs to be tamed/attenuated(the release time shorted and the volume lowered) too. I think it's off to a good start, just need a lil more work.

Here's my latest. Mainly looking for tips to improve the mix. If you hear anything else that needs work, just let me know guys:

Dedskin

Seams like im too good for these things , no one comments my stuff , not good not bad , nothing . Please ppl dont be afraid , ask , i will tell, share secrets . I am here to discuss music

Dedskin

@Erik
Love the sample selection and the way you chopped it up. I sample too and for some reason I can never chop vocals well.

My only criticism of the beat is that I felt were too far back in the mix. Personal preference but I feel that the drums you selected were good but I wanted to hear them closer up to the front(not necessarily overpower your melody). Good work my m
@Erik

My only criticism of the beat is that I felt were too far back in the mix. Personal preference but I feel that the drums you selected were good but I wanted to hear them closer up to the front(not necessarily overpower your melody). Good work my man!

I liked the piano melody you used alot. The beat felt a bit "slow" and empty tbh: I think it could benefit from a faster high hat pattern. Re: emptiness, I'd add some reverb to the snare to make it take up more space in the mix and see if you can find some other percussive elements/open hat etc to fill up space.

Bass needs to be tamed/attenuated(the release time shorted and the volume lowered) too. I think it's off to a good start, just need a lil more work.

Here's my latest. Mainly looking for tips to improve the mix. If you hear anything else that needs work, just let me know guys:

You are working on headphones are you ? Probably stoned . Everything is fine , but you dont hear wahat you are doing , and when you hear it you are not hearing it clear headed . thats the only way i can explain this . I know those samples are not that bad , and i know you are too good too use some of them in that way . so you must be hearing it wrong , that points head phones to me , Tell me am i correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online