Sticky Show Your Setup!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Bah..who cares what pad controller you use?!! I've seen an MPD already take a shit with minimal use...I used a trigger finger with no issues....

Just don't beat your shit up..I like how you got it set up...doesn't matter what you have. What you do with it is what counts...
I feel you Sucio...I just had to get one quick....got tired of them drums sounding like cinderblocks...the trigger finger does what supposed to do.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
yep! I got caught slippin wit only a $100 in my pocket...lmao!!!!! Niggas said I needed "pads" so I bought the knockoff brand instead of Kotex...lmao (no homo)

This was an inside joke between me & thedreampolice from another thread. I was actually saying that the Trigger Finger was BETTER than NI's Maschine. dp used to own a trigger finger and he even convinced me to buy one also. In the Maschine thread, everyone was talking about how good it is but also mentioning problems and things that it didn't do...my whole point was that the trigger finger didn't have these issues. So no disrespect to your gear, ish I STILL have and use mine...lol. I have other gear too but I love my trigger finger.

Sucio is right! It doesn't matter what you got it's how you use it! Just so it's not twisted, no disrespect intended whatsoever...My 2 B!'s came from a laptop and a CDJ...that's it!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Bro where did you get that desk from. Im feeling that joint ! I been looking for a nice desk like that !

I bought it about 5 years ago from iKea. They have a line of office furniture where you can customize your desk by picking certain pieces. It starts out pretty cheap but then after you start picking things, it actually gets kinda expensive. Mine ended up being about 500 bux after taxes. In all honesty, you can build a basic desk like this with boards and paint stains from Home Depot for 200 bux if you know someone with a table saw.

S

sobepmp

SAM_1932a.jpg

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't have to tell you how dope Nexus is...but what's the other Plug you're using?

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
Alright my lazy ass finally felt compelled to take some pics of my new setup...

I built the desk to custom fit all my equipment and the mic booth, as you can see, folds neatly into 8 inches of space. I need my space lol. And then I got my guitars on the wall behind my desk. If I didn't have to work or go to school I would be in here ALL the time.

Attachments

• IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 447
  • IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0247.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 405
  • IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 403

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
the upgrade

just did a little upgrade

before :
33830_189762524372830_100000172500632_782094_2169678_n.jpg

after:

168742_189762621039487_100000172500632_782095_5655497_n.jpg

166451_189762874372795_100000172500632_782097_3615451_n.jpg

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Man I had that same glass desk...I wish that I still had it too. I miss that thing. You're bringing back memories...lol, nice setup!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
My new C3 USB input mixer just arrived! Now I will be able to balance all of my external inputs and since it's usb...all I got to say is - look out!

[URL="

[URL="

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ok, since I never did this. I feel it is my turn to show my home set up. I never had in the past mainly because the studios I have the privilege of working at are sooo much better and cooler and because frankly I do so much work in my home setup, it always feels like a mess, but recently I moved my home rig to another part of the house and I am kind in transition so I figured this would be a good time to show you guys whats up. I am going to break down the gear I have and the changes I plan on making in the next year. ALSO because of a photo shoot I did people think this is my rig

http://drunkpedestrians.com/wp-content/gallery/illmuzik-records-photo-shoot/blackandwhitegear.png

(I cant have six images in one post so click the link)

BUT IT IS NOT!

OK so the 10000 foot view of my real rig.

main.jpg

Here is the quick gear list from left to right

Fender music master bass amp
Fender Princton Chorus Guitar amp
Dano electric amp
Pandora box thingy
My pedal board with a bunch of stomp boxes and wah pedals
On the wall is my Ibanez lead road star II (I love this guitar)
then a Yamaha ultra custom 4 string bass that I gig out with, I also LOOOVE this bass
Then an Ibanez 6 string bass SDR
Then Maschine
Even 20/20 Bas monitors on Auralex mopads!
dual 17" monitors that I have had forever
an M audio Luna II mic
misc guitar slides, and ebow ETC
M audio Axiom 49 controller
and custom Reason computer keyboard
M audio firewire 1814
an sennheiser MD421 mic
and Oktava MJI 53
Of course Reason, Pro tools, BLAH BLAH BLAH
Below the desk I have a PC mainly because of all the video game music I am doing as I need to test the sounds in PC land.
a behringer ADA8000
a Line 6 FBV for controlling guitar amps in the software realm
on the next wall is a custom Blackburn guitar, this is the ONLY one in existence and it even has crazy custom one off pick ups, this is where the tone from the song "mean" came from http://drunkpedestrians.bandcamp.com/track/mean-explicit-feat-holly-heffelbower-relic

Then a nice Ibanez acoustic guitar
Some really nice art!
Two Stanton Decks
and MPC2kxl that is maxed out
on the floor below is the records that I am using on my current projects, I store my main collection elsewhere.
then a nice AMPEG bass amp that I gig with.
ok more photos then I will tell you the upgrade plans

amps.jpg

Here you can see my Maudio keystation 88es and my catch all desk. I throw all the shit I need to on it. Hard drives, bills, notebooks etc

deckmpcart.jpg

Here you can see the fantastic artwork and again I have the only copy of this.

desk.jpg

more shit on my desk

maschine%20guitar.jpg

Guitar, Maschine, Hard dives

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3768673/home studio/under.jpg

(I cant have six images in one post so click the link)

floor

OK so here are the changes i plan on making. I know it may seem odd, but I really try and not have to much gear. So I am getting rid of one stanton deck (because I just don't scratch only sample) the MPC, the guitar amps minus the ones I gig with (I am going software amps for production) I am building a new custom desk, because the current desk SUCKS! I am reworking the acoustics in the room because that sucks as well. Getting a new mac, new acoustic guitar, and acoustic bass and new lead guitar. I am going to go three 24" monitors. And I am getting rid of my keyboards and getting an MPK88. hmm I think that is it. Sorry if I am way late to the party. Thoughts??