Sticky Show Your Setup!

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
I will post pics of where i record my drums, and master my "serious" projects later..
If i got it right there should be some picture on this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xfvpbigzrtwgyjb/QDX6GRzEjh

Home setup:
Ps, just moved the studio so all my stuff aint here yet, but this is in the pics:

Røde NT1-A
Allen&Heath ZED24
MPC 2500
MPC Renaissance
Numark PT-01USB
Korg R3
Yamaha Digital Piano P-95
Fender "Telecaster"
Fender Acoustic Guitar
Kala Bass Ukulele
Morgan Baritone Ukulele
Duet Apogee
Event XL Monitors

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Since I've been fixing up my setup a bit, I figured I'd post some of it. It's not 100% yet because I want to put stuff on the walls, plus I didn't take pics of my desk on the left which has my speakers and mixer, computer, etc.

But here's my 1200 with a brand new DJ Tech DIF-1S mixer, Audio Technica mic, and Maschine. The table is 3 bookshelves and 2 table tops from Ikea. The shit looks dope.

resized_IMG_1936.JPG
resized_IMG_1937.JPG
resized_IMG_1938.JPG
resized_IMG_1941.JPG
resized_IMG_1942.JPG
resized_IMG_1943.JPG

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks. Ya I really like it. It was easy to put together until I had to put the table tops on. I wanted to do it upside down on the floor but it's just so heavy to flip over. So I had to add the brackets while it's upright, which was tough to do.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Yeah NW, I agree with you, first I thought maybe switch the monitor and the left speaker but then I said that would be hell on his neck...lol. The way it's positioned right now would drive me crazy. I'd have to have that monitor in front of me, but its clear that he doesnt have the room.

I know I'm being a little picky here KF but if your sound isn't balanced, it doesn't matter who does your mixing, your sound wont be optimized for the best results before mixing. Not saying that it isn't balanced or it's a big deal either way but the idea is to present the best sound for mixing which really ties in to what Ash, KW and LDB were saying. Then again, it's clear that you don't have many options as far as moving your setup around. So I understand both sides.

Anyways,

MOF

I had to revisit this post. My setup was fucking lol horrible being a novice at what I was doing then to knowing what I have learned not only from experience but from this site alone up till now.

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
image.jpg
These are the most recent shots I have... I've ditched the korg Nanokontrol and have a turntable (cheap ass automatic for time being)
Next buy likely to be a Steinberg UR44 to replace the 2i2 as I want more I/O or a direct drive TT & mixer.
I'd really like a decent DAW control surface too... Looking at the Behringer X-Touch.

Newest addition is my SE2200 MkII. It's really nice. Better than other mics I've used in that bracket.
image.jpg

KIZ-ONE

"Super Duty Tuff Work"(c) Case-1 Style Wars
Battle Points: 16
Since I've been fixing up my setup a bit, I figured I'd post some of it. It's not 100% yet because I want to put stuff on the walls, plus I didn't take pics of my desk on the left which has my speakers and mixer, computer, etc.

But here's my 1200 with a brand new DJ Tech DIF-1S mixer, Audio Technica mic, and Maschine. The table is 3 bookshelves and 2 table tops from Ikea. The shit looks dope.

View attachment 3581 View attachment 3582 View attachment 3583 View attachment 3584 View attachment 3585 View attachment 3586

Thinking about moving soon, and this is the type of set up I want to go to. something along the lines of an IKEA built dj and workstation. I'll post some pics of my old set up and what it looks like now.

KIZ-ONE

Here is some of my past setups. the pics are when I first started to moving in a house, then to owning a studio to where I am now!

C.jpg
G.jpg
H.jpg
J.jpg

(Below) When I moved into a house, and Made the basement a studio set up!
PICT0505.jpg
PICT0506.jpg
PICT0515.jpg
PICT0214-225x300.jpg

Check out part 2 on another post

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 360

KIZ-ONE

(Part 2 cont)

(Below) Mixoflix and I built a studio in a wharehouse. that was fun for a while but because we didn't plan it out to well it was cold in the winter and Hot in the summer. We had air and heat, but because the building was concrete with no insulation we paid the price. but we got at least 3 good years out of it.

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

(Below) this is my humble set up now
*will add later, thought I had a few on my phone, but don't
But here is a video I posted on youtube a while back, it's not everything as I got my 12's and other things in another room.

Attachments

• pan 1.JPG
    pan 1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 305

KIZ-ONE

Wow, dope pics! I'm loving the cinder blocks LOL.

If you go with Ikea stuff, it's a great choice. The one you see in my pics, I got the idea from a DJ site, here's the thread: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?105-Post-your-Ikea-creations-here - There's a lot of good ideas in there.

Yell man the cinder block are super old school, a time before IKEA(lol lol)
Yell I have seen them over at the site, man there are a lot of great ideas from there. We just got an Ikea in the fall, I go out there from time to time and droll over the cases and things trying to work out a plan on how I would put one together. Hope'n maybe this fall when I down size my living quarters as my daughters are getting older and not spending time with their pop's :) I can get all my records out of the storage and go through them.