Question: What Format Do You Buy New Music?

• warzone round 1 voting begins in...

What Format Do You Buy New Music?

• CD

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • MP3

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • CD, MP3

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Vinyl, CD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vinyl, MP3

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What about having a physical copy of an album? The nostalgia? I'll put vinyl in the poll, I'm guessing you're gonna vote that?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I don't buy new vinyl because we don't have a place here that carries it. If I spend money on anything, it will be a CD and the first thing I do is copy it and store it on a hard drive. Then I have the option to put it on my mp3 player, a thumbdrive, my phone or whatever.

Sadly, CD's are on their way out and will eventually die once they figure out how to make equal quality mp3's. Actually I think that mp3's are keeping CD's alive but for marketing purposes, CD and mp3 are the way to go for now.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Vinyl if it's available, otherwise I don't mind spending money on an mp3 to support the artist.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
once they figure out how to make equal quality mp3's

Thats already done, any MP3 above 256k you cant hear a difference.
Have you ever had a CD get broken or lost? Both Amazon and Apple have solved this. And in all honesty I use my MOG subscription more than anything else at $9.95 a month for unlimited music I am good to go!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thats already done, any MP3 above 256k you cant hear a difference.
Have you ever had a CD get broken or lost? Both Amazon and Apple have solved this. And in all honesty I use my MOG subscription more than anything else at $9.95 a month for unlimited music I am good to go!

Its not done until the market is saturated with it! You're still number 1 on my geek list though.