Old heads

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
In response to this thread: https://www.illmuzik.com/threads/when-oldheads-call-today-rappers-gay.42045/

How about "old heads" just want to be left alone and enjoy an era we thoroughly enjoyed? The music was dope. That's it. I'm not comparing it to today's music. It's just the older music was dope and we enjoyed it immensely.
As long as we not end up being like grumpy fucks bashing on everything new and stating every second that "back in my days everything was better", i can agree to that.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
As long as we not end up being like grumpy fucks bashing on everything new and stating every second that "back in my days everything was better", i can agree to that.
Well it was better, but in this thread I'm not even comparing. I just like the older stuff. Nowadays it's all hate like how older people are just hating or whatever the hell. It will be interesting to see today's "amazing" music get shitted on by the music coming out in 2040.

//SCIENCE

in the 2040's the internet will be a "safe zone", no criticism of any kind will be allowed anywhere online because it might hurt somebodies feelings. The internet will be a global safe space. There will be no shitting on anything, we will all agree with each other, lest we lose our careers and ability to find employment.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just hate how I hear stuff like "you're out of touch with today's music" or just how I'm "stuck in the past" yet the younger generation didn't experience my generation, so how can they judge? I literally lived it and I'm living this one as well. I see the clear difference yet somehow I don't get it or something.

It's apples and oranges now with music. What's wrong with me enjoying older music? Nothing. Why do I HAVE to like today's music? I just don't. That's all. I just prefer listening to what I like and enjoy.

Good luck to today's younger generation in a senior's residence years from now with your tattooed foreheads, demanding energy drinks from the orderlies.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
This is what i mean, we always end up bashing on eachother. Nobody has to like anything but why keep bashing? Not only "old heads" but even the youngstas, its bashing, hating, comparing.

While old school music has its place, it kinda has a comeback as a trend but still, it wont blow up if you release stuff like that, just sayin.

Id just love to see both go hand in hand and benefit from eachother instead of everyone sitting in his own box.

The future is fucked, we have released a generation of brainwashed literal retards into the world, the damage may be irreparable.
When the gateway to higher education is not ability to learn but rather ability to pay, then you have "highly educated" read highly brainwashed, imbeciles running around getting very influential jobs in big corporations dictating how everybody else should live.
As for "living in the past", given the world right now, Id love to be back in the late 80's, early 90's. When kids werent stabbing each other to death, when murders were a big deal in the news. But even as an old head myself, I can appreciate that I do too live in the past. To keep relevance in this time we either adapt or stay stuck in the past, thats our choice to make. To each their own.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is what i mean, we always end up bashing on eachother. Nobody has to like anything but why keep bashing? Not only "old heads" but even the youngstas, its bashing, hating, comparing.

While old school music has its place, it kinda has a comeback as a trend but still, it wont blow up if you release stuff like that, just sayin.

Id just love to see both go hand in hand and benefit from eachother instead of everyone sitting in his own box.
I'm not bashing them, I'm just stating that they haven't been through my generation so why are they automatically assuming older people don't like their music because of ignorance? I just don't care for it.

Do I like this genre or that genre? No. I like this and that and some of this. Why is everyone so critical of everything? Just listen to music you enjoy and leave it at that.

I'm not bashing them, I'm just stating that they haven't been through my generation so why are they automatically assuming older people don't like their music because of ignorance? I just don't care for it.

Do I like this genre or that genre? No. I like this and that and some of this. Why is everyone so critical of everything? Just listen to music you enjoy and leave it at that.

becasue being an armchair critic on fb and twitter is how the world works now. If you aint shitting on the past then you aint "progressive"

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I just don't care for it.
If that was the case we wouldnt be here in a thread discussing about it.

While its true that we live in this time, we dont know how it is to be young nowadays, our morals n stuff are based on the times we grew up and that formed our view. Its easy to assume to know how it feels like, but its a fact that we cant know how it feels to grow up nowadays.

While its true that we live in this time, we dont know how it is to be young nowadays, our morals n stuff are based on the times we grew up and that formed our view. Its easy to assume to know how it feels like, but its a fact that we cant know how it feels to grow up nowadays.
thats a good point, its so different now for kids, you do stupid shit, its caught on camera, you get bullied at school, the bullies bully you online too, everyone is so self obsessed and vain, worrying about how they appear to others. Life must be confusing for kids when all they see is self obsessed people everywhere.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

I don't care what's going on with the younger generation's music, this thread is not about that. I guess it's just "cool" to shit on the previous generation's music for some reason, who knows. Whatever. I'm going to listen to some good music.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I guess it's just "cool" to shit on the previous generation's music for some reason, who knows.

Who does that? We have tons of threads opened by you, 2good, iron and many others, even i did shit on newer stuff.

So, what makes us "old heads" different?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
thats a good point, its so different now for kids, you do stupid shit, its caught on camera, you get bullied at school, the bullies bully you online too, everyone is so self obsessed and vain, worrying about how they appear to others. Life must be confusing for kids when all they see is self obsessed people everywhere.

Exactly, but what to do? We could talk shit all day about how it sucks or just live how we want it to be. I mean, the younger generation always learns from the older one, it was always like that. And when we now start talking about how kids nowadays are shit just means that we, the older generation, fucked up big time.

Exactly, but what to do? We could talk shit all day about how it sucks or just live how we want it to be. I mean, the younger generation always learns from the older one, it was always like that. And when we now start talking about how kids nowadays are shit just means that we, the older generation, fucked up big time.
we did, we fucked up mega large, we fucked up the kids heads then put them in charge, thats why greta thunberg has becomes the worlds authority on climate change. Its all our fault, while we partied and enjoyed the best times humanity has ever seen, we neglected our responsibilities as parents.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
we did, we fucked up mega large, we fucked up the kids heads then put them in charge, thats why greta thunberg has becomes the worlds authority on climate change. Its all our fault, while we partied and enjoyed the best times humanity has ever seen, we neglected our responsibilities as parents.
Not sure if you for real on this one or not.

I wouldnt say its that extreme, but what parents apparently did fuck up is to protect their kids from that brainwash many have problems with. To teach their kids critical thinking. But that all might go further back than we might think. Id say i was brainwashed to some degree too and that inner conflict as i started to ask questions caused my brain to go DPrezd mode. I think we all got brainwashed at some point.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Critical @DPrezd Beggar thinking used to be cool and accepted and ignorance was, to and for some people, unacceptable.

If @Fade you dig The Elements (Earth, Wind & Fire) you my mans and them for life!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Music, just like everything else should be judged based on era. So for example, each decade.

50's were Rock N roll. 60's British Invasion/Motown, 70's was drugs/Disco/Rock, 80's was when everything just came together nicely because technology introduced the old and new together.

All those decades were special. This is why I consider them the best. What I DO notice about today's music is that no one truly stands out, no one is EXCITING. All the music is just stagnant. This is why I don't care for it. I'm not saying it's shit necessarily, there are some good songs, but a habit I always have is to listen to music from a production standpoint. So I hear constant loudness in today's mixes, but of course that's just a result of the digital era, of course.

Music, just like everything else should be judged based on era. So for example, each decade.

50's were Rock N roll. 60's British Invasion/Motown, 70's was drugs/Disco/Rock, 80's was when everything just came together nicely because technology introduced the old and new together.

All those decades were special. This is why I consider them the best. What I DO notice about today's music is that no one truly stands out, no one is EXCITING. All the music is just stagnant. This is why I don't care for it. I'm not saying it's shit necessarily, there are some good songs, but a habit I always have is to listen to music from a production standpoint. So I hear constant loudness in today's mixes, but of course that's just a result of the digital era, of course.
ive started dialling back on my loudness, instead of going for -8 LUFS integrated, Ill go for -12 LUFS, -10 tops

members online