November 4-7, 2015 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle Points: 5
Would really like to know how the voting system works, as it doesn't give away any details on the actual 'score' between the contestants and you never know if it was any fair judgement involved or not. I am not insinuating that the contest isn't fair, but this secrecy makes it seem exactly the opposite. I have a feeling that the final will be @d.fusion vs @djfeedme. My only regret is that my semi-final/final beat didn't get a chance to see the light in this contest. Maybe next year? Anyway, good luck to the ones still in the contest!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Years ago we allowed members to vote but then that went sour because members would vote for their friends more than their favorite beat. Then we had judges voting but showed the results, but that just had members asking all sorts of questions.

So now I pick a few members, along with myself, to vote. We pick the best beat from each bracket, plain and simple. There's nothing complicated about it and we've been doing it like for a few years now with great results.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Spuntastic I really like this beat, but I think djfeedme got this round. Guitar sample sounds really good. (Is that a sample or is it something you played live? j/w)

@djfeedme The more I listen to this beat, the more I like it... Its really growing on me. What are you using for the lead sound?

@d.fusion I'm usually not into heavily sampled beats, but this sounds really good. Good job.

My prediction: d.fusion vs djfeedme in the final

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@yungbeats lol... Was hoping you wouldnt notice. Your beat aint bad either, drums sound nice... I like how you mixed synth parts played over the samples (At least thats what it sounds like to me)

And dont think my feedback really means anything... I'm just some dude that sits in his room and makes beats for fun, nothing more

C

Calamity

D. Fusion got my favorite for Round 3, but I'm a sucker for soul samples

C

Calamity

Would really like to know how the voting system works, as it doesn't give away any details on the actual 'score' between the contestants and you never know if it was any fair judgement involved or not. I am not insinuating that the contest isn't fair, but this secrecy makes it seem exactly the opposite. I have a feeling that the final will be @d.fusion vs @djfeedme. My only regret is that my semi-final/final beat didn't get a chance to see the light in this contest. Maybe next year? Anyway, good luck to the ones still in the contest!

Your 2nd round was dope it was actually my favorite to freestyle to,
but my guess is yungbeats got you due to his arrangement change-ups on that one.
Both beats were neck and neck to me but his instrumentation edged it

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
Just listened to the final beats..its gonna be close. I think my 4th beat would have defenitely stood a chance :D. Too bad my old hhd didnt have more solid beats to make it to the finals :(

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Final Round is gonna be tough... But I think yungbeats should get the victory

@yungbeats This beat is dope! I also think using a different beat for each round is a much tougher feat to accomplish instead of using 1 really dope beat thru every round...

@djfeedme Last year's champion, and u made it back to the finals for the 2nd year in a row... That's pretty impressive... Back to back wins would be even better...

yungbeats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 183
oh wow!!!!! i been wanting to win this since i made it to the finals in 2011 12 i missed 13 i missed and 14' i just missed by one day! man every year since 11' honestly every rd for me my opponent was crazy @REMO was fire!! i luv that beat!! @Confaya Jammer was heat!!!
i felt like the winner between me and @d.fusion probably would take it all! that 3rd was flame! and @djfeedme beat will killin every rd i glad to have been going up versus the reigning champ! thanks to fade and the ill muzik team for having this tourney and all the voters that got me this win! #RESPECT warzone champ / battle that champ!

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
These battles have been going a long way with all of the dope sponsors now! I've been missing out on the action. Glad to always see a variety of hip hop on here

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
Ok so here we go with the major feeds for how i judged the Battle That Comp.

Round 1 @d.fusion vs @Jonny.j My vote: D.fusion
Right at the jump D.fusion Came with a heater! that beat was bangin the sample work was flawless exceptional mix as well all around pro sounding track
Jonny Js Track was really strong but the mix was off. I really like the idea of the slow roll in to that bangin drum break. to my ear though the upper freq were to abrasive and there was a lack balance for it in the low-end. and the drums were sounding a little flat didnt really have the punch you look for.

@HardWireBeats vs @Rodas My vote: Rodas

This one was hard for me because i could see the potential in what Hardwire was trying to do and the samples were dope the song starts to build and just kind of keeps going in that same slow build through out the track the thing it lacked was a resolution of the building you did so perfectly like say at the 1:45 mark when that vocal hit drop all the instruments the hit a drum fill into a blues guitar lead with a driving bass sound over a drum break would have def given you my vote keep at it you have some great ideas

I like the sampling in rodas' beat as well that horns sound dope really nice mix and that Led Zeppelin Esq vocal was dope af the only thing i thought could be helped was the low-end you had some significant sub bass flutter which hurt the overall mix

@REMO vs @yungbeats My vote: Youngbeats

Remo's beat was dope after you get past the Victorian era harpsichord intro which prob hurt you with some voters in a battle setting 1:20 is usually all you get for time and no one would have heard the dope drums you had coming in after that. props my dude

youngbeats but ol mf soul that "how it use to be" joint slaps bangs and thumps which is what i call the SBT factor (tm TKJ inc.) the beat just flows and the mix was dope. Props for the win. I told fade after i heard that track if you dont win this idk what im gonna do it was far and away the best production of the comp enjoy that MK2 its sooo dope.

@Confaya Jammer vs @huggyHG My Vote Confaya

huggyhg had the same thing going on as remo the intro is just to long for a battle you got to bring the heat right when you press play or youll lose 99.9% of peoples attention after the first 10 sec. usually the average person will give you their attention for no longer than 10 seconds before they he next that just the ADD society we live in. nice work after the intro of all intros maybe livin up the drums some

Confyas beat was dope def got that East coast hardcore sound really like you sample choices and mixing. nice work fam

ok that one side down and this shit is getting long and im outta time i'll get the b-side of the comp later today

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online