November 21-24, 2007 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The battles is over! Congratulations to Da Ill Fellaz on his victory. Beatz101, you brought the heat in the finals too, nothing to be ashamed about.

Thanks to everyone for voting and participating.

PRIZES
All the prizes will be gathered up this week. For the IllMuzik prizes like VIP and Producer pages, I'll set it up this week.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Two thubs Up for being Relic!

borat-2.png

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Props to everybody that participated in the battle and took the time to listen to our music.

The things i learned and re-learned from this battle is:

1) show no mercy.

2) Whateva crowd you're aiming to please in a battle, give the people what they want. Its not about you and what u feel is hot, its about the listeners choice of music so dont tak'em too far from home. People can say they wanna hear the new innovative shit in battles cuz it sounds good to say that....no, leave that for ya own album or until everybody else catches up.

3) And leave no room for people to dismiss yo shit. People will always find something they wont like, so make it as hard as possible for them to downplay yo shit.

My problem was i took my sound somewhere it didnt need to go in this particular battle environment, alil' too south , alil' outta character to what u may expect from me. And on top of that it wasn't as clear cut stand-alone banger as my otha joints. I woulda been better off recyclin' a joint from a previous round, but thats not how i roll.

Props to Illfellaz.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Congratz to Illfellaz and to everyone else who was in this. Was good times checkin out tha beats and votin.

Peace.

Props to Ilfellaz for the win and props to Beatz101 for the runner up and possibly the producer of the best track in the comp, great stuff. Im glad I was knocked out in round one, that way I didnt build my hopes up for a fall, plus I only had the intention of entering a couple beats, so would have failed miserably anyway. Im already working on my tracks for next year, and its going to be a doozy. This year was fun, next year its serious, Peace.

Young Qyu

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wow, completely missed out on this, damn
sounds like it was a worthy year for battle that
congrats to the winner

that 5th sequence beat is the truth

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Congrats to Illfellaz...

Beatz you always have that fire!

IllFellaz you have that gritty grimey bounce to your work that always comes together well.

Yo 5th...Dope beat in the 1st round....Im always feelin the chill vibes...

GOod shit by everyone!

ALWAYS PEACE

P

peripheral

First I'd like to say thanks to Fade for doing a great job of organizing/administrating the event...

Secondly, congrats to Illfellaz on some dope work and a well deserved Battle That crown...Wear it proudly!

Yo, 101 don't be so hard on yourself kid...I was fellin' you through the entire comp but it truly is a matter of what the fans want when you are in a competition like this but it doesn't meet you ain't a hot producer and I think we all know you can't please everybody.

For years a lot of my crew would get on me about why I was feelin' Quasimoto (Madlib) and they thought his production was off but I knew that s*%t was genius but cats like Madlib mainly do music that "they" like to hear and if the fans appreciate it that's cool too...

I gambled and entered a joint in round two that was not your typical battle track and I lost that round but I'm glad I took a chance...

Anyway, big ups to all the contestants! In sha allah there is always next year...

PEACE!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Time to close up the thread. I wish to thank everyone involved in the Battle That! Competition, from the contestants to the members that voted, to the sponsors. See you next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.