Newfound respect

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I have to agree, actually a lot of his tracks do not have a melody, only an arpeggiated synth line, but he does what he does, the thing is one...every producer should have their own sound and yes its great to make beats that either sound like someone else or make beats on request that don't have a signature of your own(this is what I run into for street level production just to meet the project expectation...do me a dirty south..do me an east coast do me a west coast thats what you are going to hear and do if you just selling beats to make a buck at street level).....this is a harsh reality also, think about Dre, what is it about a Dr. Dre Song you could instantly identify it as him having done it just by listening, if a new song drops on the radio its good to be able to pinpoint the production just by listening.....so think about this....all that seems repetitive or done over is intentional........to be successfull you have to use your own branded formulas....as much as we would like Lil Jon to progress to some other level of music or different sounds its just not commercially feasible or realistic its not happening he wont blossom into a Quincy Jones, Issaac Hayes or Stevie Wonder he is a Hip Hop/Rap producer....Catchy Melodies and Songs that serve the purpose for your fanbase.....I heard some comments that he cant grow....well my question is grow into what?.......his money is in what he does....and if you got a formula that sells there is absolutely no reason commercially to stray from it....check every producer that is platinum they each have something that distinguishes them and may seem re-used or old but thats how it is....Check Timbo, check Dr. Dre, Check RZA, Check Premo, The Neptunes and on and on it is about formulas and repeating your signature sound once you develop one....sell it and then stick with it...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^The thing is, I'm pretty sure that an artist asking for a Lil Jon beat want the Lil Jon sound... that's the main idea. If his formula is kind of lame to some... well it sells, so it works for him. And frankly, the beat is only suppose to be the base of the beat. It's the combination of beat+MC(s) that makes a good track.

Also, I think he did some beats that are not so much in his "usual" style... I dont remember the names tho...

E.R.

ill o.g.
trez260 said:
study it's history. i'm not the know all of hip hop ( i enjoy learning about the history of hip hop) but when i was first introduce to the music, the graf, the dance i wanted to learn more so i went to learn where all this came from. alot of people in music know nothing before tupac (most dont even know tupac started as a dancer for digital underground) and yet they call what they make hip hop. how are you suppose to be apart of something and not know the history of it? trust and believe, study history and evolution and you'll discover the difference.

i find it funny that when lil jon started he's was doin the "happy" party records..the "i like them girls" records, records that where in the same vein of 2 live crew. If i'm not mistaken, three 6 mafia actually came with what's to be considered the first "crunk" song with tear da club..that style of music is nothing new in Tennesse with three 6, tomiskeemask, dj squeeky, tommy wright III. lil jon just incorperated his sounds (which he's stuck to the same clap and 808 since the beginning) and now you what's considered crunk. now my research is limited in this area, so there may be much correction needed in my comment, however this is what i've learned from those who've grown up listening to the old three 6 mixtapes,etc. so if anyone can clarify this matter, please share

but as i was mentioning. study history, you'll be suprised what you'll find and the relevance it has today. Peace.

ur absolutely right