Newfound respect

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Before I started producing I really hated little johns beats. Now that I am evolving as a producer I have a newfound respect for his beats. I like the simplicity of them, but at the same time what I never noticed before is how he layers his synths and places them very creativly. Little john definately has an ear for music and what is catchy. I just wanna give him props now, cause i really used to hate him.

Sorry for sleepin on you Jon,

I really slept on the whole dirty south movement, but Im feelin it alot right now. There is alot of room for growth there.

Peace Up, A-Town Stay Down,

Elementree

B

Burna

Shit, I agree. LIL J, has a maddd ear for the game. His beats, are lill. And as far as the simplicity of them. I believe someone on here told me "Simple is sometimes better then deep and complexed"

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
maan, you can't be serious...

lil jon is the reason why there's stuff like 'laffy taffy' on the radio...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Lil Jon been making beats since the early to mid 90's LOL he got a formula and yes its to be respected...at high volume them east side boys beats hypnotic....they built for a club system or truck to get the 3D effect......anyhow I like east coast but I like lil Jon Beats every now and then especially when you see how the females react to them...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^Same here... His beats are what they are: club beats... and they tear up a club for real... I love my East, West Midwest, South and North (Canada) beats... and lil Jon represents Crunk for real.... even if I prefer Organized Noize

That Kryptonite joint is ill!!!

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:
maan, you can't be serious...

lil jon is the reason why there's stuff like 'laffy taffy' on the radio...

If you want to get technical, the corporations are. Lil Jon uses live instrumentation in his production nowadays. And his stuff is different than that of D4L, T-Pain, etc.

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lil Jon's stuff all sounds the same. I don't know, I don't judge him, but I really don't think he's that great of a producer. He hooks up some 808 drums, thick bass (even though he mostly uses subs), adds a synth for it, and then gets an engineer to EQ that shit so it sounds good. I mean, obviously he's no idiot when it comes to art of beatmaking, but I don't think that he's that good. He's either average, or nothing at all.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont really care for lil jon, he probly has the record for making the most amount of songs using the same 808,clap, synth combo. i remember when lil jon was all about "i like dem girls" and now he's crunk 24/7. yes he's using instrumentation here and there, keys here, guitar there, but other than that, it's all the same, just arranged differently. a very good example, usher's yeah and petty pablo's freak a lik. it is what it is, i find it rather boring now. Peace.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damird said:
Lil Jon's stuff all sounds the same. I don't know, I don't judge him, but I really don't think he's that great of a producer. He hooks up some 808 drums, thick bass (even though he mostly uses subs), adds a synth for it, and then gets an engineer to EQ that shit so it sounds good. I mean, obviously he's no idiot when it comes to art of beatmaking, but I don't think that he's that good. He's either average, or nothing at all.

i see where your coming from, but how many producers have the same sounds in alot of beats, shit alot of premo's beats have the same drum patterns and sounds.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Elementree said:
Before I started producing I really hated little johns beats. Now that I am evolving as a producer I have a newfound respect for his beats. I like the simplicity of them, but at the same time what I never noticed before is how he layers his synths and places them very creativly. Little john definately has an ear for music and what is catchy. I just wanna give him props now, cause i really used to hate him.

Sorry for sleepin on you Jon,

I really slept on the whole dirty south movement, but Im feelin it alot right now. There is alot of room for growth there.

Peace Up, A-Town Stay Down,

Elementree

i agree. but im not feeling ALL of the southern movement. but lil jon doin the damn thing.

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yes, but I think it comes from experiance. Knowing what sounds good and adding to it until you get a badass song. The only problem is, he's not very versitile. Thats same badass song gets old after 20 singles. It's like all his songs are remixes of his other songs.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lil jon, whether you like his beats or not, is highly successful.. whatever you attribute that to, give him some credit. and some of his beats are pretty tight.

i dont really like him though.

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
my music theory profess said that most top 40 hits has a four tone melody... simple is good for making hits.. all his stuff sound the sqame to me but he is GREAT at what he does.... but it is put together tight.... but girls dancing to his tracks in the club is an eye opener

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I remember back in the 90s when there was Wu-Tang, KRS-One, Dre...those guys pillaging the top 40. I always wondered what the fuck happened along the way. When did all this ignorant-type of rap became so damn popular?

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Bloodybastid said:
I remember back in the 90s when there was Wu-Tang, KRS-One, Dre...those guys pillaging the top 40. I always wondered what the fuck happened along the way. When did all this ignorant-type of rap became so damn popular?
I have no clue! it seems like the dumber the better. Over populate whats selling.. its about the dollar.. Everything come full circle... So hopefully the good stuff will be back! jmo