Mase gets sonned on HOT97 radio

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
come to think of it, he didnt deny even saying it to my memory- he just said he didnt believe it and thats kind of where it ended...

and jaydub, i co sign on most of what you said- outside of being a dipset fan.

although, i do not think tha ttrying to go to church has much significance when you're not trying to line your life up with those principles, something seems to have done, although i dont really know that for sure. at least his talk is consistant.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
N.U.G., did you get recruited by Roc-A-Fella's street/internet promotions team or something?

That's not a disrespectful question, it just seems that you just happen to put plugs for The Diplomats in supposedly inconspicuous places. Like: "speaking of the Diplomats... here's a link to their mix CD."

Cam'ron has had two albums, the second of which only sold 500.000 units (gold.) The Diplomats sold even less. Cam'ron's first album had abysmal sales.

Damon Dash is looking to fill the void of Jay-Z, and knows it. It wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to push Cam harder this time.

I think has Mase sold more records than all The Diplomats combined.

Look out for the new Sean Carter label,

AND

I completely agree with Cold Truth.

Sincerely,
God

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
jaydub23510 said:
let me chime in, I like Dip Set, you want believe this ya'll but Jim Jones and Cam try to go to church every Sunday, even when on the road, listen to Jim's music he talks about God all the time, his album is gonna be named "ON MY WAY To CHURCH" ,

Thats good that these cats go to church,,,ya know with the "Killin' and Drug sellin'" and all,,,,what a joke!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
whats this? people are agreeing with me?

did the planets align or something? i've got to mark this onday down on my calendar. this may not happen again in my lifetime.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Thats good that these cats go to church,,,ya know with the "Killin' and Drug sellin'" and all,,,,what a joke!

I believe it's called balance my brother, if you have 75% negativity on your album damn at least put 25% positive material but for real I'm a grown Christian man, I like gangsta movies and murder/drug books and stuff, to me listening to a Dip SEt, State Property, whoever else with that gangsta stuff is like watching a movie, that's where they get a lot of there lines from anyway, but every morning I wake up to Gospel music to get a positive start to my day, and I feel good in the morning at work, cause all day I have headphones on listening to mad stuff!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
jaydub23510 said:
I believe it's called balance my brother, if you have 75% negativity on your album damn at least put 25% positive material but for real I'm a grown Christian man, I like gangsta movies and murder/drug books and stuff, to me listening to a Dip SEt, State Property, whoever else with that gangsta stuff is like watching a movie, that's where they get a lot of there lines from anyway, but every morning I wake up to Gospel music to get a positive start to my day, and I feel good in the morning at work, cause all day I have headphones on listening to mad stuff!

Thats hot about what ya sayin on yaself,,,and God Bless,,,but I'm lookin at it as an MC. These are the same cats that are screamin' about bein real wit it. But your exactly right,,,its like a movie and these kids aint MC's, they just actin' like em! Be Good and stay up!

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Nug you actin like a groupy just chill the fuck out, you actin like Mase is the only person in the rap game to make money. You could'nt tell me that some one is not in it for the money the fam or the girls. Yea its tru somepoeple do it for the love but you would'nt do it for free either would you, if you don't like him keep to yo self, you just another hater cuz you not the one up there raping wit yo bitch dipset. I don't like mase that much but at least he is giving kids like me something else to listen to rather than, car, hoes, money, and killing. He is giving us a positive messege, and saying it was a bitch move to go to Atlanta, how is that you don't know what type of position he was in and why he moved, it is a bitch move for you that you started this thread.

Also I have been in church sence I was five and one thing I have learned is never put your mounth on a man of God, it is going to come back on you, if Mase is doing something wrong still don't put yo mounth on him I have seen it happen to plenty of people because they would'nt shut up. You may think I am crazy for saying this but it is true.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
ok guys..

lets chill on the name calling. its perfectly ok to have strong opinions and to disagree and argue your point to the fullest...lets just bot call names and get personal, ok?

and xsquizet, for the record, i do agree with much of your take on the issue- i just want to keep things civil around here.

otherwise, debate on, kids.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
Also I have been in church sence I was five and one thing I have learned is never put your mounth on a man of God, it is going to come back on you, if Mase is doing something wrong still don't put yo mounth on him I have seen it happen to plenty of people because they would'nt shut up. You may think I am crazy for saying this but it is true.

it's true ya'll listen to the young guy!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yeah that statement actually makes me rethink my whole stance on kanye as well- because i personally do not believe he is sincere, but God is his ultimate judge. i dont really know what's in his heart or what will be there on judgement day......

at the same time, the bible teaches that we will know what is in a mans heart by the fruit of his works, so....... make of that what yuo will .

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i want to say apologize for name calling it was very childish, i just got real pissed off and caught up in the moment.

just thought i should say that

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
God said:
N.U.G., did you get recruited by Roc-A-Fella's street/internet promotions team or something?

That's not a disrespectful question, it just seems that you just happen to put plugs for The Diplomats in supposedly inconspicuous places. Like: "speaking of the Diplomats... here's a link to their mix CD."

Cam'ron has had two albums, the second of which only sold 500.000 units (gold.) The Diplomats sold even less. Cam'ron's first album had abysmal sales.

Damon Dash is looking to fill the void of Jay-Z, and knows it. It wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to push Cam harder this time.

I think has Mase sold more records than all The Diplomats combined.

Look out for the new Sean Carter label,

AND

I completely agree with Cold Truth.

Sincerely,
God

lol at me being a receuited by Rocafella's Street Team. I see what you're saying though but I'm just having fun with it.

Camron has 3 solo albums, the third went PLATINUM in 5 months - holla!

The Diplomats album also sold some decent numbers (I think GOLD).

Also, Cam and the Diplomats push major units for just mixtapes - 100,000 and up, and have a major fanbase and cult-like following.

DIP SET! BRYD GANG!

Goonie Goo Goo!

Holla!

:)

x-squizet said:
i want to say apologize for name calling it was very childish, i just got real pissed off and caught up in the moment.

just thought i should say that

hey man, it's all good and that's big of you to apoligise - respect.

I'll respond to your thead in a minute dog, but yeah it's all in fun and we're just exchanging opinions so no need to get personal. There's no hard feelings and I wish you the best man.

x-squizet said:
Nug you actin like a groupy just chill the fuck out, you actin like Mase is the only person in the rap game to make money. You could'nt tell me that some one is not in it for the money the fam or the girls. Yea its tru somepoeple do it for the love but you would'nt do it for free either would you, if you don't like him keep to yo self, you just another hater cuz you not the one up there raping wit yo bitch dipset. I don't like mase that much but at least he is giving kids like me something else to listen to rather than, car, hoes, money, and killing. He is giving us a positive messege, and saying it was a bitch move to go to Atlanta, how is that you don't know what type of position he was in and why he moved, it is a bitch move for you that you started this thread.

this has turned into an interesting debate. I originally posted the audio for people who were interested or might find it amusing. Its grown into more than that now which is cool too...

as far as your comments, hell yeah there a lot of rappers who do it for the money - but very few of them are so manufactured as Mase and Puff Daddy.

for your info, Mase used to be "Murder Mase" and rapped with a more hardcore subject matter. He was unable to get a record deal so he changed his whole style up just to get signed and sell. He's a totally manufactured product - he's on some Spice Girl shit for real.

Puffy was never even a rapper until he was in his mid twenties and had to get people to not only write his rhymes, but also walk him through his verses.

* shakes head *

I all for spiritually in it's various forms. From what I've heard of Mase's new material there has been little or no mention of spirituality - I find that a bit unusual. I would actually be interested in hearing someone like him share their experiances and opinions about things like spirituality and other interesting topics. Unfortunately, he seems just to be rapping about "money, cash, hoes". If I want to hear that I'll listen to rappers with waaay more talent than Mase like Jay-Z, Cam, Slick Rick etc.

yo, if you like Mase's music - that's all good and I don't have a problem with it.

I personally am not a fan of his music.

Here's a nice corny pic of Mase for anyone interested :)

Attachments

• mase 1.jpg
    mase 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 96

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yea thanx nug i got respect for you to dog,

mase said he really did'nt talk about god that much, cause he did'nt want to pressure us and put god on us all hard, he said he wanted to just make positive music, plus in his new single i heard he did talk about some people in the bible, like moses and some other people but i forgot.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
yea thanx nug i got respect for you to dog,

mase said he really did'nt talk about god that much, cause he did'nt want to pressure us and put god on us all hard, he said he wanted to just make positive music, plus in his new single i heard he did talk about some people in the bible, like moses and some other people but i forgot.

it's all good man. keep making your music and doing your thang!

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
150 Million off Sizzurp?

DUECE!!! Where you at son?
I know you wuz trying to quit but 150 mill? Me and you....and all the other drunks on this site....get with Fade.....start illliquors.com.....500 million by next year. Phuck making beats dunny. I already got your flavor. Its called.....get ready.......

Duck Butter Duece:
Butterscotch Snapps, and Vodka with some sort of other cream liquor.

Mine would be.....

Ominous RedRum:
Red Kool Aid, Vodka....with Ja Rule on the commercial. It's Murdaaaaaaaa!

J

joblack00

okay in Ma$e defense I am glad he is back... All the shit rappers are doing now started with Big and was marketed through Ma$e after Big died... Now he is back is good and maybe he can bring some closure to things or make the music he wants... And it's good to see atleast one artist have controll of his career and Ma$e does.

I like Cam and the Diplomats but some of the best beats have been reuined by their unwillingness to write lyrics especially Cam... Just listen to Confessions of Fire and Listen to his last album.

If it wasnt for Oh Boy...Kanye and Jus... Cam would be somewhere sellin bootleg DVD's cuz without those beats Cam is garbage...

Same with the Diplomats... Once every so often they shine but them cats is part of what's wrong with the game and medocrity being wrapped up and marketed a $14.99... they get these big advances and produce crap and wonder why every 4 years they are searchin for a new label

Ile say it again I like Cam for his humor and some of his songs when he tries but ever since S.D.E he definitely is rhyimin the same so worry about yo shit and let Ma$e who brought him into the game do his...

Anyone out there has to be nuts if they bought a Juelz or Jimmy Jones Album...

Certified Ganstas is a cool song but that is prob the only thing good comin off any of their albums...

Also I will give Cam one last shot with Purple Haze...its a dope concept so I hope he doesnt ruin it...

T

The Bastard

i like mases new track, i never liked mase be4 but im glad hes back jus to add sum diversity to music , welcome back mase,stop smilin

F

Fatha Ramzee

Shiny Suit Man is Back

Wat Up to Er'Body!

I read all the posts here on Mase, and I had to go listen to some of the joints he did b4 he left. I must say that from my Djing perspective dude had some heavy bangers. i AM NOT A FAN OF HIS...but I can't front that dude made some Ill songs. A lot of times we can say some rap cats aren't nice as mcees, but the make hella good songs!

I listened to dukes album it's aight...same mase minus the cursing and gun talk, but same mase....He has a couple of nice joints and only twice I think he mentions god or jesus.

My point for posting is HipHop is missing the element that dude has to offer, theres a demand for this dude and a lot of cats are frontin that they miss dudes music.....he's on the lean back remix with Terror Squad, he did a joint with Nelly, He's on the jesus walks remix with Kanye West. The beef with cam and Jim Jones is there thing, the kid got a lot of heart to come back and deal with all that madness.

He's prolly more real than half of these rappers frontin out here and I respect dude for that.

members online