Mase gets sonned on HOT97 radio

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
how u gonna represent God and the church and all that....then get caught lyin on the radio... im so sick of all these religious dickheads touchin little kids, lyin 2 everyone, and actin like theyre so damn righteous and shit....i got nothin against mase, but i got somethin against religioius figures who lie. and sin....cuz were all sinners, but they think theyre better than us, so be it...but they better act better than us....and mase got caught...so i say fuck mase, i got no love for him no more

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
you dont even kow taht mase got caught with anything... you're just going off what cam said and you choose to believe his story.

and another thing:
how has mase or any other religious figure claimed to be any better than you or anyone else? most that i know, have seen and broke bread with arent like that at all.... they are usually pretty humble people..... thats like sayin all black folks steal..... or all whites are racist... of course those people are there but that isnt everybody at the church...

and yeah a lot of relgious folks have been caught doin some foul things, that cant be denied... but there is no proof of mase lyin about anything... cam just said he was, said he had mase on tape, but when you see the tape then you can say he lied. but you aint seen or heard the tape though, have you?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
On the radio Mase was saying how he was gonna split the money with Cam

Cam called up to tell him to stop lying. Cam's exact words were;

"we never discussed anything (referring to the $50,000)"

Mase was silent when Cam said this and didn't dispute it.

It seems to me that Mase was lying about it and it isn't what friends should do anyway in my opinion...

The things I don't like about Mase are;

1. Mase is a real wack rapper.

2. Mase is a sellout - he raps simply to sell records and make money.

3. A guy that has been through what Mase has been through in terms of achieving success then retiring from rap for religion could have many interesting things to say in his music. Not Mase though, he still raps about money, clothes and women...

4. He left his friends behind and lied about it. He seems to be really selfish and greedy.

5. Mase = corny, I mean look at this dude;

2for10_1805_12319166

http://store2.yimg.com/I/2for10_1801_8020936

if someone like's his music that's all good. I don't like it all. I don't have a problem with him being religious or anything like that either...

holla

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I dunno who's worse,,,Mase or Cam...Dipset is wack too!

Dipset are dope to me - REALLY dope actually...

peep any of the Diplomat mixtapes or "Diplomatic Immunity" for evidence of their dopeness...

to qoute the Dips themselves...

"Dip Set is powerful music"

"It's more than music - it's more like a movement"

:)

holla

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
U let's be honesty... When H&C came out, CAM didnt have a name, my man MA$E has a "STAR" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

N.U.G.- Listen to the interview AGAIN (1:00-1:07)
"...Being that we're some young dudes from Harlem, We're going to get this money, and we're not going to let they guys(u know) from Brooklyn take the money and go to Cancun with the 50 thousand and then charge it to his budget, so me already understand the business, he didnt understand that..."

Right there, that sounds like to me... He's trying to look out for his boy... to make sure he gets his cash and not end up oweing the label for it...becuase he knew MA$E and he should get the money for making the deal, not the record label or A&R or PR.......

And come man, you cant tell me CAM hasnt fallen off since his KILLA CAM days... true MA$E is soft, but when him and CAM was coming up they were neck and neck... both w/ good lyrics....CAM cant hate MA$E for HOW MUCH and HOW he made his money, if you're boys, you're gotta have LOVE for ea. other... ALWAYS....

and for what 50K... CAM will be lucky to see that this yr. in sells.... MA$E thou.... He's got PUFF and PUFF WILL MAKE YOU MONEY!!!! w/o a doubt.....

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Freakwncy said:
U let's be honesty... When H&C came out, CAM didnt have a name, my man MA$E has a "STAR" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

N.U.G.- Listen to the interview AGAIN (1:00-1:07)
"...Being that we're some young dudes from Harlem, We're going to get this money, and we're not going to let they guys(u know) from Brooklyn take the money and go to Cancun with the 50 thousand and then charge it to his budget, so me already understand the business, he didnt understand that..."

Right there, that sounds like to me... He's trying to look out for his boy... to make sure he gets his cash and not end up oweing the label for it...becuase he knew MA$E and he should get the money for making the deal, not the record label or A&R or PR.......

And come man, you cant tell me CAM hasnt fallen off since his KILLA CAM days... true MA$E is soft, but when him and CAM was coming up they were neck and neck... both w/ good lyrics....CAM cant hate MA$E for HOW MUCH and HOW he made his money, if you're boys, you're gotta have LOVE for ea. other... ALWAYS....

and for what 50K... CAM will be lucky to see that this yr. in sells.... MA$E thou.... He's got PUFF and PUFF WILL MAKE YOU MONEY!!!! w/o a doubt.....

nah, that sounds like a dude making excuses for being greedy.

think about it, it's like me trying to steal $50 from your mama and then when I get caught saying "yo, I was gonna split it with you though!"

I mean, being real - if you had a plan to charge $50,000 (and thus adding $50,000 to Cam's debt to the record label) and then split it with your man - wouldn't you at least tell them!

Andi if it was such a great plan, why didn't Mase get his boy Cam to appear in his albums and be in his videos and give and split money the same way?

and Cam hasn't fallen off in my opinion. He's still spitting that crack... oh and I am very confident Cam's album will outsell Mase's album in a major way...

Dip Set holla!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Wow, You really need to get off Diplomats dicks, they are garbage,Jim Jones is a clown and always tried to be hard, the only reason he called was to promote his awful album. Dont take is like i'm a mase fan and i love mase cause he sucks too, but dipset is no better. Your only taking cam and jim jones side, both(mase and diplomats) are probably lieying, you cant beleive a word either of them are saying.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tim D said:
Wow, You really need to get off Diplomats dicks, they are garbage,Jim Jones is a clown and always tried to be hard, the only reason he called was to promote his awful album. Dont take is like i'm a mase fan and i love mase cause he sucks too, but dipset is no better. Your only taking cam and jim jones side, both(mase and diplomats) are probably lieying, you cant beleive a word either of them are saying.

u mad?

lol, just playing. I don't really care much about it all but like I said before I don't liek MAse for the following reasons;

The things I don't like about Mase are;

1. Mase is a real wack rapper.

2. Mase is a sellout - he raps simply to sell records and make money.

3. A guy that has been through what Mase has been through in terms of achieving success then retiring from rap for religion could have many interesting things to say in his music. Not Mase though, he still raps about money, clothes and women...

4. He left his friends behind and lied about it. He seems to be really selfish and greedy.

5. Mase = corny, I mean look at this dude;

http://store1.yimg.com/I/2for10_1805_12319166

http://store2.yimg.com/I/2for10_1801_8020936

if someone like's his music that's all good. I don't like it all. I don't have a problem with him being religious or anything like that either...

holla

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
I aint pissed lol, i hate Mase too hes awful he dosnt even right his own rhymes, but i hate jim jones more, goony goon goons, what the fuck is that shit?

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I just listened to it...
You can tell that Mase is lying his balls off...
He was very uncomfortable. Often times when he was talking he was just making no sense, just trying to change the subject.

He may be a grimey, insecure motherfucker, who when finally reaching success, wanted to make sure he wouldn't get taken by Cam. They must not have been that great of friends if he asked for this sum. Mase may have been afraid that he would steal the spotlight from him and abandon him, asking Cam for a pretty small amount for MTV video promotion. Mase didn't really rip on Cam when the DJ asked him bout the 50, he just tried to lose the listeners by talking about some unrelated bullshit, something he does alot as a reverend. Ok, he saw a business opportunity (probably more a psychological thing than anything) with his "friend." Were they butt buddies or something?
Why is Cam'ron calling? Nobody was talkin bad about him. Camron sounded like he was gonna cry when he was talking to Mase. It's some pussy you hurt my feelings shit...

Movin to atlanta does sound like a bitch move to me though... Puff Daddy is a bitch too...

I do like some of Mase's music though... a lil better than Cam's...

About the hypocrisy of Mase's faith... Man... When ya'll gonna realize... everything is a motherfuckin contradiction. Thats why so many people, like Mase, turn to religion... they can't figure it out, so they want a solution to life... I'm not tryin to knock religion at all... I believe that the morals are usually in the right place... I believe that there is a God. Life's contradictions show me support for this. Nothing is perfect, cept for God, the balance between the contradictions.

my original name as a producer was "DJ Balance" but someone already got that on soundclick, so I thought up a new one on the spot... shitty...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
first off:

lets not turn this into a "why i love/hate religion" soapbox derby, ok folks?

second, i doubt some of you are even listening objectively- it sounds like a lot of predispositional opinions here.

benny beats, for one, that 50 g's had a context- mase's side was that, if one of us dont get paid, someone else will on your dime.... cam's side, well, didnt explain too much. he didnt really deny what mase said. perhaps i'm not hearing correctly- he just kept blabbing about "there wasnt no cancun" which mase never said there was to begiin with.

and mase wasnt trying to rip cam or jm j0ones at all! let alone about the money! ya'll are just picking a story to believe - and again, i didnt hear cam deny mase's story about the 50 g's! then he brought up "why aint you tell them about the album we were discussing" but that never even reached that point, for one. jim jones chimed in while mase was in the middle of the story. the cam/mase album discussion hadnt even been a ball park issue yet.

how was he trying to change the subject? he addressed it with his own side- andcam and mase were both talking over each other half the time.

mase took no shots at either of them and cam and jim jones took the scrub oppurtunity to get an album plug... plain and simple.

none of ya'll know what really went down... ya'll are like "moving to atalanta was a bitch move"the man made the move he felt would-and did, by his account- better his life. explain how making the best possible decision to change the course of your life is a bitch move?

and everyone sitting up here talking about how its all about the money, thats why he's rapping again, bl;ah, blah, blah,

well isnt that why these dip set dudes do what they do? cam can talk all he wants about "i just do it cause im nice" well, without that he would HAVE no liquor or his own shade of pink (yes, he has his own shade fo pink)... he may do it NOW for that reason, but what about what lead to that point?ummm lets see.....

fabolous, jkwon, nelly, jd, puff, WHOEVER, you think they are all somehow different? you dont think puff would flip burgers if it paid what bad boy pays? you dont think jkwon would sweep floors if it meant fame and fortune? get real.... they all are doing what they do cause they get paid. why is mase wrong for that? ya'll dont know his motives. son aint even had the album come out yet. one single and two remixes and all of a sudden everyone knows exactly what the man is doing and why he is doing it and what he is going to do with what he gets for doing it.

this makes ZERO sense. liking and dislikig him is one thing but folks are acting like they know everything about the man and the whats/whys/and wills of his life and you dont know a damn thing about any of it outside of one phone call, and you are all an expert somehow from that?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tim D said:
I aint pissed lol, i hate Mase too hes awful he dosnt even right his own rhymes, but i hate jim jones more, goony goon goons, what the fuck is that shit?

It's "goonie goo goos" and it's entertainment at it's best :)

benny beatz said:
Why is Cam'ron calling? Nobody was talkin bad about him. Camron sounded like he was gonna cry when he was talking to Mase. It's some pussy you hurt my feelings shit...

Cam called in cause Mase was lying. The radio presenter asked Mase what happened between him and Cam (they were real close at one stage - they were in a group together with Big L, and 2 other cats), and Mase was lying saying I was gonna split the money with Cam...

So like Cam said, it's all good to come back but "stop lying!" :)

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for sharing this with us. I admit...Mase was hot back in the day...we all danced to his ill-sampled music. i knew when he had plans to come back, he and everyone who copped the new project gets no discrespect (based on that interview and mase's alledged "shady ways"). I hope Cam won't do an album with him. Do you think it will ever happen?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
worldcityceo said:
Thanks for sharing this with us. I admit...Mase was hot back in the day...we all danced to his ill-sampled music. i knew when he had plans to come back, he and everyone who copped the new project gets no discrespect (based on that interview and mase's alledged "shady ways"). I hope Cam won't do an album with him. Do you think it will ever happen?

nope, Cam will never do an album with Mase

Cam is all about the Diplomats. Speaking of Diplomats, Jim Jones has a new mixcd, peep;

http://www.mixunit.com/ambitionzofa.html

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
let me chime in, I like Dip Set, you want believe this ya'll but Jim Jones and Cam try to go to church every Sunday, even when on the road, listen to Jim's music he talks about God all the time, his album is gonna be named "ON MY WAY To CHURCH" , I like Dip Set music better than Mase, but I remember the Mase Murda from the mid 90's mixtapes too, with the lox, and shit, but

Mase had good points, I don't think he was lying about the 50 thousand, I think he had a better understanding of the business at the time!!! He should've maybe explained things to Cam better back then maybe they would still be cool,

About the moving to ATL thang, it aint that bad, after seeing your homeboys continously robbed, murdered, and harassed and shit, you would probably move to west bubba fuck!!
Plus ATL got fatter bitches and the ladies love him!!!! That's how he got rich!

I don't have the history on his comments that rap are devil music, but the verdict is still out in my mind as to the relevance of him coming back

One thing is for sure, it can't be as bad as Kanye's contradictions on Jesus Walks, That's a liar, One day he says he never sold any drugs in his life, yet on his song he's the biggest kingpin around, this guy's a joke, I hope Mase raps about God, Women Respecting themselves, Money, CLothes, and having a good Time!!! cause god wanted us to prosper!!!

C

Copenhagen

jaydub23510 said:
I don't have the history on his comments that rap are devil music, but the verdict is still out in my mind as to the relevance of him coming back

I read somewhere that he said that that is what he believed when he stopped, but that he later changed his mind because in the same sense that the same money that buys marijuana also buys bibles, some rap can do evil and be negative, and some rap can spread a positive message etc...or something along those lines.

members online