Mase gets sonned on HOT97 radio

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright check it out, Cam'ron and his crew The Diplomats (Jim Jones, Juelz Santana etc.) are some of my favourite rappers basically because they make good and enjoyable music. Yes, they rap about some bullshit but they have a great sense of humor and overall are just very entertaining to listen to.

In case you didn't know, Mase is making a come back to rap and he was on the radio last Friday. Mase is from the same part of Harlem that Cam and The Diplomats are from and they all know each other from back in the day. Before Mase retired from rap to become a preacher in church or whatever, he asked his friend Cam'ron for $50,000 to appear in Cam's music video. Cam felt direspected by this seeing as they were good friends and their friendship basically ended because of it. In my opinion Mase is a sellout and real wack rapper. He's also a chump too who left his friends behind in Harlem because he was gonna get extorted.

Anyway, Mase was on HOT97 radio to promote his upcoming album. He was being a real chump talking all types of bullshit. It was a pretty disgusting interview until Cam's best friend and Diplomat rapper, Jim Jones called in and let Mase know that he doesn't like him and that he's a chump. Cam called in straight after too and told Mase to stop lying. Both Jim Jones and Cam antics were very entertaining...

here's the interview;

http://cloud.prohosting.com/sbokilla/HOT97-Jimmy_and_Cam_and_Mase_Interview.zip

holla!

T

The Bastard

N.U.G. said:
alright check it out, Cam'ron and his crew The Diplomats (Jim Jones, Juelz Santana etc.) are some of my favourite rappers basically because they make good and enjoyable music. Yes, they rap about some bullshit but they have a great sense of humor and overall are just very entertaining to listen to.

In case you didn't know, Mase is making a come back to rap and he was on the radio last Friday. Mase is from the same part of Harlem that Cam and The Diplomats are from and they all know each other from back in the day. Before Mase retired from rap to become a preacher in church or whatever, he asked his friend Cam'ron for $50,000 to appear in Cam's music video. Cam felt direspected by this seeing as they were good friends and their friendship basically ended because of it. In my opinion Mase is a sellout and real wack rapper. He's also a chump too who left his friends behind in Harlem because he was gonna get extorted.

Anyway, Mase was on HOT97 radio to promote his upcoming album. He was being a real chump talking all types of bullshit. It was a pretty disgusting interview until Cam's best friend and Diplomat rapper, Jim Jones called in and let Mase know that he doesn't like him and that he's a chump. Cam called in straight after too and told Mase to stop lying. Both Jim Jones and Cam antics were very entertaining...

here's the interview;

http://cloud.prohosting.com/sbokilla/HOT97-Jimmy_and_Cam_and_Mase_Interview.zip

holla!

wow,he got punked hard on the air

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cam to Mase

"have a beautiful career and a beautiful life - stop lying!"

classic material

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think I read somewhere where they said that at one point when Mase was "retired" that he had said rap music was the "devil's music" or something. Is that right? LOL.

Even if he didn't, why does he want to come back? Is he going to donate all his money made from albums, to the church? What's he going to rap about?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fade said:
I think I read somewhere where they said that at one point when Mase was "retired" that he had said rap music was the "devil's music" or something. Is that right? LOL.

Even if he didn't, why does he want to come back? Is he going to donate all his money made from albums, to the church? What's he going to rap about?

yup he said rap is "Devil Music" before - he's changed his mind now though... Cam calls him out about it in that interview I posted

He says he's coming back cause rap needs him and to help bring more people to god or some sh*t but the real reason is to get $$$

Oh and he's keeping the money for himself, not donating any of it as far as I know...

And he's rapping about the same wack sh*t he rapped about before he retired last time - money, girls, jewelery etc.

* shakes head at Mase *

* applauds Dip Set for exposing him *

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Werd mase is a chump and a sell out . He confused. He ran to god and moved down to atlanta cause he was scared he was next to be killed ( which probably woulda happened if he stayed ) now the "coaast is clear" loon makin money playin the mase role . So he came back to claim his position. If yall read his book he talks about givin up all his wordly possesions and totally havin totatly nothin to do wit rap is the only way to be saved now he dancin round in the video wit a big iced out watch and chain. I realy feel for all them people ehat followed him down to atlanta. And all theem peeple down there that followed him . Now they stuck wit no direction

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL, I listened to the interview and yeah Cam calls him out on some stuff. They asked him straight out if he called it "Devil music" and he said no. Cam's like "oooohhh c'mon" or something. Ahahaha.

Is it just me or does Mase talk in slo-motion?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Everytime i think dipset... this triple OG springs to mind...

http://juelz.com/albums/fans/adi.jpg

HAHAHA what a joke...

Anyway... Got sidetracked a bit... I too like the dipset for the same reason NUG stated... And agree with pretty much everything he said... and Ma$e got chumped hard...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
berserk said:
Everytime i think dipset... this triple OG springs to mind...

http://juelz.com/albums/fans/adi.jpg

HAHAHA what a joke...

Anyway... Got sidetracked a bit... I too like the dipset for the same reason NUG stated... And agree with pretty much everything he said... and Ma$e got chumped hard...
Bwuahahahhahaaaa!!!! - Now that little thuggy fresh white boy is confused! haha

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Jim jones was talkin nonsesne

But when cam got on the phone u could really sense the hurt in his voice. U can tell they were close cause cam still wished him nothing but the best. Its sad when friendships go soar but thats a part of life

clas...

yeah word, Mase and Cam used to be best friends, played basketball together (Cam was an a really good baller in high school) and they were even a group together with Big L, Bloodshed (R.I.P.) and McGruff.

Cam's thing is, it's all good to come back to rap but don't lie - be real. Mase is making up stories about he was gonna split the $50,000 with Cam but Mase had never discussed this with Cam and it's still not what friends do - asking for $50,000 to appear in their video *shakes head *

Cam to Mase - "Have a beautiful career and have a beautiful life - STOP LYING!"

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
You be the judge... #1

Mase: Rap And Gospel Don't Mix

If you thought that Mase would hit the road in the support of what will be his final hip-hop album after his recent retirement announcement, well think again.

The rapper, whose "Double Up" album hits stores on June 15, says that now that he has found his faith, he couldn't possibly continue to rap. "You can't do gospel and rap," he recently told our friends in the MTV Radio Network. "Either you're of the gospel music, or you're a rapper. You can't put the two together. You can, but is it right? It's questionable."

While Mase won't be staging a conventional tour behind "Double Up," his record label, Bad Boy Records, says that he will be doing speaking engagements after the album's release.

The rapper, who has worked with inner-city basketball programs for at-risk youth, plans to work more with youth-oriented charities in the future.

... but that's not all...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
You be the judge... #2

Mase: The Story Behind The Comeback

Mase
Photo: MTV News

It's early spring in a Los Angeles recording studio and history is about to be made. Nelly is working on his two upcoming albums, Sweat and Suit. In walks his manager, Fo'Reel Entertainment CEO Cudda (pronounced "Cooter") Love, accompanied by a man he used to manage: the minister formerly known as Murder Mase.

Nelly's people are engaging in revelry, but once Mase walks in, the jokes come to a halt and everyone shows respect and love for the former Bad Boy, who's immaculately dressed in a three-piece suit. Nelly, who's working on a track called "I Still Love You," takes a shot in the dark.

He asks Cudda to ask the retired Mase to jump on the record.

After Nelly plays Mase the song a couple of times, the former shiny-suit man surprises everyone. Not only does he agree to rap on the record, he starts spitting with the swagger of the old Mase. There's no mic rust. Within minutes, everyone in the studio swarms into the control room, where the session is happening. Mason Betha is back (see "Mase Is Officially Back; Bad Boy Family Feels New Energy").

Fast-forward a couple of months and a few miles to the Paramount Studios lot near Los Angeles. There, the video for Mase's Chris Robinson-directed video, "Welcome Back," is being made. "This is history!" Mase yells. He's still dipped in his gear, but this time he's wearing a yellow Polo shirt and shorts to match. His sneaker game is on point, too: yellow-and-aqua Air Force Ones that shine almost as brilliantly as the canary gold on his watch. His waves are so tight that if he were in fact in Uptown New York, everyone would say they were spinning.

"This is going to be a great day," he continues, his dimples bulging. That session with Nelly has led to this morning in Cali. After hearing Mase rap on the track, the light bulb went off in Cudda's head: Mase still has what it takes to make an album. The timing is perfect because, as Mase puts it, he's evolved as a man and a father (he's expecting his first child this year).

Mase and Cudda spent weeks working on the bulk of the album, aptly titled Welcome Back, on the down-low with a bunch of up-and-coming producers. So after an album's worth of material was done, all Mase had to do was call up P. Diddy and tell Puff he's returning.

"I left because I had to get my mind right," Mase says about April 4, 1999, the day he officially retired from the rap game to focus on religion (see "Mase To Retire From Rap, Cites Religious Reasons"). "I wasn't mentally ready to deal with how hip-hop was and the role I played in hip-hop. I had to do it for me and for the sake of my spirituality. The reason for me coming back is, now I can handle it. It won't control me; I control it. Before, I wasn't ready. Even [after] three years away, I wasn't ready to take this stand.

"Them days is over," Mase says, as he catches a bit more than an eyeful of a pair of models. "They gotta put some clothes on," he insists. His tone is, as usual, nonchalant, but his face is serious. "I want them to respect themselves. That's why we doing this, to be of influence. I don't want the young ladies with their shorts that short. I want the ladies to respect themselves. If I was her father, I wouldn't want her with her shorts that short.

"No cheeks out on a Mase video set," he adds, before pointing to his dimples. "Only these cheeks. We gonna teach the ladies they can still respect themselves and still be beautiful. That's what's up."

Besides, what would Mr. Betha's 'hood look like with half-naked women running around? "The concept of the video is from the 'Mister Rogers' [Neighborhood'] scene," Mase says. "I take the sneaker off and let everyone know 'It's gonna be a beautiful day.' After that, I walk outside and you see a young lady in a room, she has posters of me on the wall. She's been waiting five years for me to come back. She looks out the window and says, 'Wow, that's Mase!' Then she gets downstairs and by the time she gets there, it's too late: She missed me. Then we're just taking the video from scene to scene and showing the love and support that everyone has showed me.

"We didn't want it to be too controversial," he adds. "We just wanted something the people would buy into and just welcome me back."

Mase says Welcome Back won't have too many guest appearances, and there won't be any songs degrading women or even talking about "sexual acts." His time away from music has given him clarity.

"This time, what makes the music so beautiful is that I'm doing it from a clear-headed perspective," he explains. "Not feeling that I have to say this or I have to please these people. Now, it's just good music: vibrant, up-tempo, real good music. It's amazing that it still came out wonderful. There is a way you can make incredible music without following the so-called formula."

Despite the minister's religious beliefs, he didn't switch his style up drastically enough to alienate the fans. "It was simple," he says. "[After] being away for five years, there are still a lot of things I want to talk about, I just couldn't fit them all on the same album. But I didn't want to come back so different that it scared you. I wanted to do something that was beautiful that you could relate to, something that you can think is retro Mase. Then, as I grow as an artist, I'll allow the audience to grow with me."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488479/06162004/mase.jhtml

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
question:

cam and jim get on and say something, and mase has his own version of what went down.

its mase's word against cam's (jim jones was basically arguing for cam, he really had nothing to say that had to do with himself from what i heard) and so everyone just jumps on cam's side?

its one man's word vs. another.... so how do you know whose story is correct?

why the hate for mase? i'm not really a fan, but it seems that people are just tripping over the religious aspect of this...

and if mase is lying about the whole devil music thing, thats its own issue- but he may have believed that after his initial salvation experience. that doesnt mean that that view couldnt have changed somewhere along the way... now if he actually said it and denies saying it, thats another issue. no one here knows what really happened, they just know what two have spoken about.

how was mase being a "chump" in that interview? what was bullshit about it? why is that foul that he has a different perspective on things now?

obviously mase is gong to take some hits for his current stance. any mistake he makes will be magnified a thousand times over....... but he sounds prepared for it all. i have heard the single, i'm really notimpressed- it sounds like the same ol' mase just lighter on the sex and violence but this is just the single. it remains to be seen how much he holds onto his beliefs in his music and all so i cant even form an opinion....

and why should he be giving all his money away? i dont necessarily agree that people should live a needlessly lavish lifestyle, when there is so much need in the world, but why should all of his money go to something else? he does have a family, you know... he is only biblically required to give that 10%, first off, and second, you dont know what he is going to give- and if he is real about it you wont know if he does or even how much if you do find out... but you dont know what he is planning on doing with the money he gets. how can you possibly know that?

and to say mase's content is wack when the dipset has been NO DIFFERENT lyrically- the EXACT SAME THINGS- money, clothesds, etc... come on now... that makes zero sense...

members online