Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the rhythmic spoken delivery of rhymes, wordplay, and poetry, one of the elements of hip hop music and culture.

Singing is the act of producing musical sounds with the voice, which is often contrasted with speech. A person who is singing is called a singer or vocalist. Singers perform music known as songs that can either be sung a cappella (without accompaniment) or accompanied by musicians and instruments.

one of the elements of hip hop music and culture- did u see that ANYWHERE in the definition of singing?

This (to me) is the the beginning of the final assault on hip hop. The powers that b have tried everything to tame hip hop but it's all been done from the "outside in", now they've finally figured shit out. "You have to break this down from the inside"!

I remember the first time I sat in front of a label exec, it was when Master P was dominating the airwaves. Me and my group at the time had signed a southeastern tour deal with No Limit. Opening up for acts like "Mr. Servon" and anybody else that was pushing a new album at the time. Wasn't for much money, basically room and board and a little pocket change. We were all single, no family, no responsibilities so we were like "lets do this shit". Met a lot of people along the way, bump'd into a few start up labels with distribution and what looked like "some major money" from the outside looking in. Anyway, we sit down with the one cat in Atlanta, he had just signed David Banner, he was responsible for putting out Lil Jons first couple singles and Lil Jons first video. Like I said P was a monster at that time. He and his people had listened to our demo for weeks, actually it wasn't a demo, shit was and entire album. We had put it out but of course we hand no real distribution channels. Dude was talking about how he "loved" our shit. How he wanted to "repackage" the album, have us add about 4 new songs and put it out nationwide. Shit sound cool, gave us a 20 or so page contract to look over and let our lawyer review (like we had one..NOT). (TO CUT THE STORY SHORT) meeting adjourned, we shake hands on a deal in principal. He shows us around the company, takes us to his head A&R office. A&R greets and meets us then comes out with, "yeah man, them 4 new joints we want yall to record"," I got it all mapped out, we need that Master P shit, nah I mean? (HELL FUCK NO). Yall get on that master p shit and you'll go platinum..........(let me end this right chea)

Because Master P was bringing in millions by the truck load at that time if you didn't have some singles that were in the same vein as his shit you were not getting on.

I said all that to say this, singing ain't rapping and rapping ain't singing! I'm cool with singing on hooks, I'm cool with periodic auto tune rapping. But come on now......yall know this shit is getting ridiculous! Hip hop is already "fucked up". If any of us get a chance to sit down with a major and they ask u "u got any of the weezy or kanye inspired shit, (and it will happen if it's not already), you'll see where I'm going with this. If you're just cool with the "money" aspect of the game and doing what you do doesn't really matter I guess u would be cool with the change....it's that "anything to get paid" swagger I guess. When u Emcee's and Rappers can't do that "no mo" remember "I TOLD U SO"!

Is singing not RnB?
What Hiphop album ever was full of singing?
I have to agree with LDB and also Stress' vocoder comment.
The vocoder is played out now, IMO the fad of the new vocoder sound(even though its not new at all) has passed. To make a whole album using vocoder is a sad joke IMO. It isnt innovative, and as far from different that you can get. Its tried tested and the females buy that shit.
I personally feel that because its only females that are buying albums anymore that the artists are catering to the market they have, its simple business.
Even Diamond D's last album was directed at the ladies.
I think its good business sense at the expense of the artform. Idealogoes dont make money, sales do.
Why make an album directed at the people that are just going to download it illegally?
I think thats the biggest contributing factor to the downfall of the industry.
The industries own greed before the advent of internet with their over inflated cd prices and overly strict copyright policies have created the matket we have now.
The consumer is just taking back what was taken from them in a way.
Im not sure the game will ever recover because the rules have changed.
And thats something the whole industry is facing, not just hiphop.
Until financial gain and amassing vast wealth is taken out of the picture then the creativity of music as a whole takes second place to profit.
And make no mistake, Kanye has become about as pop as pop gets.
Its not hiphop anymore, its more rythmn and pop.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
"THE FUTURE...I CAN SEE IT NOW"

Stress, Clev, Fury and Benny all Tuxed up doing there Temptation moves "blowin they ass off" with the Roger tube shit in there mouths

Vice with his "James Brown" cape on "one leg up" sliding across the stage "singing his ass off" with a bull horn.

Ash Holmz "Holllmmmmzzzzzzz", thriller jacket, high waters, beating it....Auto tune pack stap'd to his back, doing the damn thang

Step Child, Rose in his mouth, strummin an acoustic guitar, taking tokes of helium to get his pitch "chip monk" high. "just a sangin".

ALL UNDER THE CLOAK OR RAP MUSIC

Stress, Clev, Fury and Benny all Tuxed up doing there Temptation moves "blowin they ass off" with the Roger tube shit in there mouths

Vice with his "James Brown" cape on "one leg up" sliding across the stage "singing his ass off" with a bull horn.

Ash Holmes "Holllmmmmeesssss", thriller jacket, high waters, beating it....Auto tune pack stap'd to his back, doing the damn thang

Step Child, Rose in his mouth, strummin an acoustic guitar, taking tokes of helium to get his pitch "chip monk" high. "just a sangin".

ALL UNDER THE CLOAK OR RAP MUSIC

lmao what makes it funny is i can see it.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i haven't heard it yet so i can't give an informed opinion but his attitude of late, his rants, crybaby sand in the vagina b.s., complete ridiculousness has me indifferent to even check his shit out. i use to be able to tolerate his spoiled bitch-made marketing persona but i've had my fill of that shite. i shouldn't let my impression of dude to get in my way, i wont if i hear his shit (to an extent, you can't really truly divorce yourself from bias, good or bad) but it's definiitely influencing whether i even get to the point to put the effort into listening to it.

as far as the autunin', singy songy and the wayne inspired suspect nonsensical rhymes...i'm seeing way too much of it at my work (studio). some dudes just want you to slap on the autotune on everything, or would make wayne seem like a mensa member with lyrics, which they're doing on purpose. smh. but as they say in yard, so it go

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68

WHO TOLD YOU!?!?!?!!?

seriously, I agree wit ur previous post. Its all phases and gimmicks. get enough cats to think its hot and it becomes just that. Too many followers. Mufuccas afraid to be original.

I would have to say Bone Thugz N Harmony....lol.

And @ LDB, LMAO! I pictured all that in my head as i was reading it.

I have never considered Bone Thugs as hiphop. But thats my personal opinion.
I dont mind a bit of a crossover between rnb and hiphop, like an rnb hook and rap verses.
I remember some hot Herb Mcgruff tracks that were just like that.
I think P Diddy blurred the boundaries between hiphop and rnb, everything else just followed.
But thanks for mentioning Bone Thugs, I have a habit of trying to forget about them, lol.
It had obviously worked.

T

The Arkitekt

I wouldn't go as far as to saying bone thugs aint hip hop, I put them in a sub genre of hip hop, cuz they DO rap most of the time lol. And word, never thought about pdiddy, he had a big part in changing commercial hip hop into "consumer rap".

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I wouldn't go as far as to saying bone thugs aint hip hop, I put them in a sub genre of hip hop, cuz they DO rap most of the time lol. And word, never thought about pdiddy, he had a big part in changing commercial hip hop into "consumer rap".

And we all know he's an "undercover homo".....the video vixen spilled the beans on him a few years ago. She said he's a frequent flyer in the Gay and Bi clubs in New York. There's a reason he was extra tight with Mase....and we all know Mase was busted "butt hunting" in Atlanta....mista "preacher man."

T

The Arkitekt

And we all know he's an "undercover homo".....the video vixen spilled the beans on him a few years ago. She said he's a frequent flyer in the Gay and Bi clubs in New York. There's a reason he was extra tight with Mase....and we all know Mase was busted "butt hunting" in Atlanta....mista "preacher man."

lmaoooooooo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Jkl-Io4fY"]YouTube - P diddy - gay bar[/ame]

Quoted from the description

"P diddy doing his funky dance while dancing to gay bar. he loves it "

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
is this an actual quote?.. if so, dude is more of a douche than i've come to believe....and delusional ego-wise

kanye:
"This is not hip-hop music. Taking a sample, looping it and doing all that ‘throw your hands up in the sky’ thing has become such a cliche. Hip-hop is over for me. I sing, not rap, on this album. I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black-and-white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles. And I’m not going to get there by doing just another rap album full of samples.

"I’ve had to create a whole new musical genre to describe what I’m doing now and I’m calling it ‘pop-art’ - which is not to be confused with the visual art movement."

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
is this an actual quote?.. if so, dude is more of a douche than i've come to believe....and delusional ego-wise

kanye:
"This is not hip-hop music. Taking a sample, looping it and doing all that ‘throw your hands up in the sky’ thing has become such a cliche. Hip-hop is over for me. I sing, not rap, on this album. I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black-and-white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles. And I’m not going to get there by doing just another rap album full of samples.

"I’ve had to create a whole new musical genre to describe what I’m doing now and I’m calling it ‘pop-art’ - which is not to be confused with the visual art movement."

Trust me..this dude is going to off himself one day. He's gay as fuck and mentally deranged! I do respect HER for saying that HER album is not a rap/hip hop album though. Now if everybody else who's trying to sing instead of rap follows suit I can sleep at night again!

T

TheMost

I realy but realy wasent feeling love lockdown, firday night i was drunk i heard it and honest... i was jamming lol love it. NOw im sober again and watever im not crazy about it.

Ill check the record in a minute.