Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
808nheartbreakcover.jpg

lol, illmuzik's favorite artist is set to release the album tomorrow, thoughts on it?

i'm halfway through it so i can't really say how much i like it yet, but jeezy killed his track

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
LMAO... Illmuzik's fav artist.

I actually haven't had a chance to download it yet, but honestly I'm not looking forward to it at all. We got a review coming up on it here on ill actually..lol.

I will give it an honest listen though, but I ain't feelin the whole autotune thing. Not all of it is bad, but Ye's first track i heard was hoooorrrrrriiiiblle....IMO.

We will see though.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Wow....Fuckin biggest disappointment of the year... maybe 2 good tracks and thats just because their better than the rest of the nonsense on 808s and Heartbrakes. Autotune...The whole album? ..really?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
09's the year dudes are coming out the closet by tens and twenty's......

IT WON'T BE THE SOUTH THAT KILLS HIP HOP....IT'LL BE THE GAY ASS "AIN'T TRYING TO RAP NO MORE" RAPPERS. I JUST SAW A STAT QUO INTERVIEW WHERE HE'S REALLY LETTING US KNOW JUST HOW GAY HIP HOP HAS BECOME AND IS BECOMING. HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ALL THE INDUSTRY PARTY'S HE'S BEEN TO OVER THE YEARS AND HOW PEOPLE WOULD BE AMAZED AT HOW MANY ARTIST AND HEADS OF THE HIP HOP SIDE OF THESE LABELS ARE STR8 UP BUTT HUNTERS.

T

The Arkitekt

I think underground will eventually become somewhat mainstream eventually, we will have good commercial music for some time, then it will turn into garbage then the whole process over again.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
he needs to be brought back down to earth b.

or go ahead and get his ass out of the closet! I got no problem with an artist being gay....but I got mad problems with catz parading around like "they that dude when they're really that dame". Quit stumping around like it's "no homo" when it's really "so homo". If he's not the infamous "gay rapper" he's one of them.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
I still think this album is good quality music. Some of you may not label this as hip hop, but, who really cares if its not? I sure don't. It's just good music. Some people need to get out the box. You can't be making the same style of music forever because, eventually, it gets boring after a while. I think Kanye made this album to connect to the audience and not to really put out a "HOTT" single or anything so for those who wants those street or club bangers don't bother listening to the album.. But really though... when was the last time that you listened to an album and really connect to it?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
damn i never heard of rappers besides weezy being butt hunters??..if anyone knoes of anything rumors i would love to knoe to make fun of them even more than i do now

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I still think this album is good quality music. Some of you may not label this as hip hop, but, who really cares if its not? I sure don't. It's just good music. Some people need to get out the box. You can't be making the same style of music forever because, eventually, it gets boring after a while. I think Kanye made this album to connect to the audience and not to really put out a "HOTT" single or anything so for those who wants those street or club bangers don't bother listening to the album.. But really though... when was the last time that you listened to an album and really connect to it?

Just casue something is different or OUT the box dosent mean its good man,

Nicolay(producer) and phonte(from little brother) formed a group called the forgien exhange, they just put out there second album called 'leave it all behind", phonte is singing the entire album. its AMAZING casue dude can acutally sing... Nicolay did the 80's vibe beats and they were ACTUALLY good... This entire album is a well executed concept album...everything kanye's album wasent....

808's and heartbreak tried to be differnt but different at the cost of quality, but people will force them selves to like it just casue its kanye..

I have no problem with people trying new shit.. but im not gonna give em a pass just casue its different from what they usually do, the music still has to be good...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Just casue something is different or OUT the box dosent mean its good man,

Nicolay(producer) and phonte(from little brother) formed a group called the forgien exhange, they just put out there second album called 'leave it all behind", phonte is singing the entire album. its AMAZING casue dude can acutally sing... Nicolay did the 80's vibe beats and they were ACTUALLY good... This entire album is a well executed concept album...everything kanye's album wasent....

808's and heartbreak tried to be differnt but different at the cost of quality, but people will force them selves to like it just casue its kanye..

I have no problem with people trying new shit.. but im not gonna give em a pass just casue its different from what they usually do, the music still has to be good...

I feel u on that. I also look at it like this. He's been a producer, on some of jigga's hottest shit right. But this makes how many solo albums for him?

My point is damn, in my opinion he hasn't solidified his spot yet. LL has drop'd how many albums? He's changed up but he's still rapping. He's doing what he does best to diff't music and a kind of diff't crowd...namely women. Q-Tip the same. I'm sorry man, we can't go rearrange hip hop like this. He needs to release his shit under the pop umbrella or under some new shit all together. Don't go fucking up hip hop, he's going to have these gay ass label execs wanting everything to sound like that bullshit if it's successful. I like some of Wayne's music but he's doing the same thing at a slower pace. I guarantee Weezy's next album will have him playing that guitar and singing...but it'll be released as a hip hop album...shit ain't right. I'm cool with change and adding to the game but to totally revamp it on some bullshit. I can't stand for that.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
man ima be in the minority but i am feelin this shit. he took a page outa t pain n did this whole album like pain would. i aint hatin. ALOT of people on this same site would do the same shit to get the paper. i aint mad at all. n like class said, sometimes u gota switch ur shit up.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
damn i never heard of rappers besides weezy being butt hunters??..if anyone knoes of anything rumors i would love to knoe to make fun of them even more than i do now

are you sure the real reason you want to know is so you can get at them?..lol.....

I ain't against the auto tune phase at all, I just thing it's over used at the moment..... Just like the sped up vocal sampled beats, and the screwed hooks, it will die down eventually. There are people who straight hate on someone for trying something different.... It's just an effect, and if it's available and you like the sound go for it... forget what everyone else says.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i wish i had something interesting to add but i just wasn't feeling this, minus the jeezy track

oh, and the luda album is nutty

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
i gave this a listen and i dunno,,,it felt like he tried to hard. I like some of Kanye's ish. Nothing lately,,lol,,but I'll listen. It seemed like homeboy wanted to go the electronica route but ended up like some hip hop wanna be dance producer/artist. E for effort, but that vocoder is fuckin annoyin already!