I hate it when rappers talk about things they don't know shit about

"Is this just mix or mastered too?" Yeah Like you have a fucking clue what the difference is. Hell, I Hardly know!

honestly, rappers are essentially pestering asf. always had this hate for them deep inside me. dull lazy braindead bimbos...

I hate when anybody talks about shit they dont know, they are usually the ones that speak with the most confidence.

Also for the record... Mixing = balancing a song so that nothing jumps out, a place for everything and everything in its place to achieve a low crest factor(difference between RMS/LUFS Integrated and the highest peaks).
Mastering = taking a good mix with low crest factor and preparing it for the medium its going to be released on. IE a CD master is different to a vinyl master which is also different to a streaming master.
Mastering is simply making it sound the best for each medium. Mixing is the hard part.

I hate when anybody talks about shit they dont know, they are usually the ones that speak with the most confidence.
sometimes I wonder if any of these plantpots actually know what a high pass filter is when they ask for it... "HIGH PA$$ FILTER BRO IM HIGH"

Also for the record... Mixing = balancing a song so that nothing jumps out, a place for everything and everything in its place to achieve a low crest factor(difference between RMS/LUFS Integrated and the highest peaks).
Mastering = taking a good mix with low crest factor and preparing it for the medium its going to be released on. IE a CD master is different to a vinyl master which is also different to a streaming master.
Mastering is simply making it sound the best for each medium. Mixing is the hard part.
I think everyone has a different approach to mastering nowadays. I say it should all be the same thing, except 1 mixer should mix 1st and the 2nd should only be able to listen to the mix 2 3 weeks after it's edited 30 times. he doesn't "Know" the song so he'll easily hear the errors, 2 man thing and it's done. then when all the songs in an album are done, they can do a super slight similar final touch on all of the tracks and give the album a "style", at the same time that they master it for platforms. your approach kinda seems more solid than mine tho, tbh.

sometimes I wonder if any of these plantpots actually know what a high pass filter is when they ask for it... "HIGH PA$$ FILTER BRO IM HIGH"

I think everyone has a different approach to mastering nowadays. I say it should all be the same thing, except 1 mixer should mix 1st and the 2nd should only be able to listen to the mix 2 3 weeks after it's edited 30 times. he doesn't "Know" the song so he'll easily hear the errors, 2 man thing and it's done. then when all the songs in an album are done, they can do a super slight similar final touch on all of the tracks and give the album a "style", at the same time that they master it for platforms. your approach kinda seems more solid than mine tho, tbh.
"yo bro, stick on the high pass filter, the stoners will love it"

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Armani am a rapper and hate ‘em. Stereotypes they consciously live up to and promote are why I don’t mention to anyone that I am in it for understanding the art form by just doing it. I never personally gave and don’t give a fuck about the non important aspects of a “rapper” like having hangers-on, etc.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
rhyme "house" with "mouse"
bars GIF

Nah man they ain't that ba- WHY THE FUCK IS HE COMING IN HALF WAY THROUGH THE CHORUS AND FINISHING HALF A BAR INTO THE PRE?!
It lowkey feels like ur partly the rapper on the track the way u gotta stretch n move half the words and syllables on the song, u end up switchin flows n shit

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @Armani need to work w/older (in age) rappers who have day careers that pay more than music ever will and refuse to work w/crap rappers who have or are a Baby Mama(s) or Baby Dad(dies) and think being a rapper is about chasing pussy (or dick), money, using and/or selling uncontrolled and controlled substances, and having the "image" of a rapper (buying clothes w/brand names they can neither spell or pronounce) but they do it “cuz, vibes."

Also, about "image" the other side is having the common sense to "keep it clean." Image is the main currency in any field but especially entertainment.

Last edited:
You @Armani need to work w/older (in age) rappers who have day careers that pay more than music ever will and refuse to work w/crap rappers who have or are a Baby Mama(s) or Baby Dad(dies) and think being a rapper is about chasing pussy (or dick), money, using and/or selling uncontrolled and controlled substances, and having the "image" of a rapper (buying clothes w/brand names they can neither spell or pronounce) but they do it "'cuz, vibes."

Also, about "image" the other side is having the common sense to "keep it clean." Image is the main currency in any field but especially entertainment.
Wait what? Rapping ISNT about chasing pussy? My whole life is a lie.

Seriously though this gane and any creative field of work comes with ego's, including our own. Best we get to grips with our own ego's before dealing with others

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Nah @2GooD Productions your whole life isn't a lie but think about how you always hear dudes, if/when anyone asks them why they're in the business, why they started rapping, etc. it's always framed as if they couldn't get women any other way than to become a "star." It's the Rap equivalent of the formerly popular "rock n' roll lifestyle." Not to make it racial but think about how for Black men "making it" through Rap and entertainment overall was shielded from cultural critique when people would say the blanket statement "at least he is/they are doing something positive" but then when that same dude (or dudes) get(s) caught up in the penal system as an entertainer (or athlete) it becomes "he is/they are a thug(s), etc. lock him/them up." It's why I have no remorse for when up and coming "rappers" get killed and/or arrested.

Last edited:

members online