I hate it when rappers talk about things they don't know shit about

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @2GooD Productions realized around the early 2000s that a lot of money in music was/is a myth. Had no one to tell me so reading about the business starting in the mid-2000s educated me and I ain't been the same since :mad:

Nah @2GooD Productions your whole life isn't a lie but think about how you always hear dudes, if/when anyone asks them why they're in the business, why they started rapping, etc. it's always framed as if they couldn't get women any other way than to become a "star." It's the Rap equivalent of the formerly popular "rock n' roll lifestyle." Not to make it racial but think about how for Black men "making it" through Rap and entertainment overall was shielded from cultural critique when people would say the blanket statement "at least he/they are doing something positive" but then when that same dude (or dudes) get(s) caught up in the penal system as an entertainer (or athlete) it becomes "he is/they are a thug(s), etc. lock him/them up." It's why I have no remorse for when up and coming "rappers" get killed and/or arrested.
the industry needs gullible idiots that will sign all their profits away for fleeting fame, its nothing new to hip hop its as old as the Beatles. The industry is and always will be built on the exploitation of fame hunters. People from all walks of life end up in the penal system, shit happens. In many cases doing a bit of time is a badge of "Honour", earning ones stripes. Hip Hop has been bastardized, all of its negative aspects have been brought to the front and center. Its all by design. This isnt an industry you go into with your eyes closed. Instead of stories of the struggle from hardship its become the glorification of hardship, crime and everything wrong with society.

I @2GooD Productions realized around the early 2000s that a lot of money in music was/is a myth. Had no one to tell me so reading about the business starting in the mid-2000s educated me and I ain't been the same since :mad:
funnily enough in the early 2000's when Fiddy dropped there was still a lot of money in hip hop if you had your paperwork right, now the market is oversaturated with mediocrity, clearance costs went through the roof, the internet has changed the way we all entertain ourselves, the money just isnt there any more. Its not an industry Id want to even get started in to be honest but I have so many years invested I have no choice but to continue on.

You @Armani need to work w/older (in age) rappers who have day careers that pay more than music ever will and refuse to work w/crap rappers who have or are a Baby Mama(s) or Baby Dad(dies) and think being a rapper is about chasing pussy (or dick), money, using and/or selling uncontrolled and controlled substances, and having the "image" of a rapper (buying clothes w/brand names they can neither spell or pronounce) but they do it "'cuz, vibes."

Also, about "image" the other side is having the common sense to "keep it clean." Image is the main currency in any field but especially entertainment.
I mean, people don't necessarily get wiser as they grow old, they just get more confident about their beliefs, wrong or right. That way it's usually harder to get shit into their heads anyway. Altho, they do be mature adults most times so it's easier to deal with them. Like there's this nonverbal convo u can have with adults that goes like "I know I'm wrong, I know You know im wrong, but that's my deal and u get paid for shutting up about it". Seems scuffed but at least it's clear and out there so it's kinda easier to deal with them anyway.

On a clout perspective, they're less likely to blow up too. I'm down to work with anyone who pays and/or is actually passionate tho.

Last edited:

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Wait what? Rapping ISNT about chasing pussy? My whole life is a lie.
Man, if rap gets you pussy, I must have be doing it wrong this whole time hahaha. Or I'm just a curmudgeony hermit that spends more time making beats and watching cartoons than going out and chasing pussy. There's always that.

Seriously though, I had a buddy who would always start a session drunk. Songs that should take a single session to lay down took three because he got sloppier and sloppier. He's since gone to rehab and cleaned himself up so its all good now.