how to make garbage beats

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Hip-hop has indeed simplified, production, lyrically, but its the culture that eats it up. Mainstream music is what sells...no matter how much i hate it. and of course the industry lives and dies on money.

From the mouths of babes....ENUFF said! Right on DJ E.....right on!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Hip-hop has indeed simplified, production, lyrically, but its the culture that eats it up. Mainstream music is what sells...no matter how much i hate it. and of course the industry lives and dies on money.
Simpletons Rule nowadays...no matter what...even ignorance deserves a certain level of respect...because you can't defeat ignorance.

LMAO....I'm sure that little factoid makes the entire East Coast want to commit suicide "BUT IT IS WHAT IS IT".

Maybe it's not a "industry conspiracy thing",maybe it's not a "dumbing down hip hop thing". Maybe it's just that THE PEOPLE want 1) simple 2) catchy 3) shit they can actually dance to.

Those are world wide stats so is the "entire world" dumb or do we all need to look at music in another light? Hell, "LIFE" itself is complicated enough. Maybe people "world wide" want simplicity in there music. Maybe they don't want to have to have the thought process of what one would need in order to "decipher the Di Vinci Code" when it comes to there "enjoyment" of music. Might that be what its really about?

Something to think about!

erm yes, generally, with a few exceptions.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I could careless about East, West, South.......and for that matter Hip-Hop....I just like good music, period.

thas how i feel to LDB wanna consider me a hater o well..but its really not that complicated its not all about where u from its what u bring to the table..theres cats from the west and south that i really like and enjoy hearing..but its not about hating someone cuz they got money cuz honestly i dont care if someone has money cuz i think ppl should do what they can to get the most they can..but that money has nuttin to do wit me so money has nuttin to do wit why i dont like a large majority of the south cuz they just dont make good music..what they do isnt even hip hop its plain pop and everyone here knoes it...what gets me aggravated is ppl tryin to make it look like its
a part of hip hop when its obviously not..LL said it best the line between r&B and hip hop is non existant its just plain pop..if it wuz known as pop i can respect it a little more cuz hip hop lives inside me and the people i roll wit and its a insult when ppl call it this shit hip hop....

ps there just as many wack east coast dudes spittin now that are as bad as the soulja boys and lil weezys

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
the EXACT words I tell everybody

it is what it is brother..why is it that if u dont like a persons music ur a hater??? that makes it sound like ur suppose to like them and if u dont than ur completely alienated..people became such puppets that if u dont like lil weezy for example its not possible to just not like a persons music cuz that wud make u a hater..

T

The Arkitekt

it is what it is brother..why is it that if u dont like a persons music ur a hater??? that makes it sound like ur suppose to like them and if u dont than ur completely alienated..people became such puppets that if u dont like lil weezy for example its not possible to just not like a persons music cuz that wud make u a hater..

yea dude, the words "hater" or "hatin" or "hate" are over used and lost their meaning. people say im hating sometimes when I don't like some music or whateva. I aint hating, I just think it sucks and wouldnt listen to it.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
yea dude, the words "hater" or "hatin" or "hate" are over used and lost their meaning. people say im hating sometimes when I don't like some music or whateva. I aint hating, I just think it sucks and wouldnt listen to it.
jealousy is the substitute word for hate or hating...we cant forget that. Just because you aint feeling certain type of music doesn't make you a hater. I hate spinach. Can't think of anything I'm jealous about though. Another thing is that there are people, situations, and things that just get on your nerve..you know, shit that just urks you...if you speak out about it in a negative way...your labeled a hater. I've come to the conclusion if you think I'm a hater...oh well. I just do what makes me feel content.

I couldnt agree more about the hater comment.
Theres been a few times i try to give some people some feedback, negative feedback, then they start getting all defensive calling me a hater.
If I was a hater I wouldnt waste my time giving feedback to these people.
I dont hate for the sake of hating, I express my opinion based on my tastes.
If the people cant take negative criticism then find another career path,
you cant please everybody any of the time.
So that means no matter how hot some people think a track is, there are going to be just as many that dont like it. Different strokes for different folks.
And thats life, not a damn thing any of us can do about it, but deal with it.
What makes me laugh is the people that specifically ask for feedback then get all hurt feelings when you say something they dont like.
This is a tough biznizz, if you cant take a few harsh words then this aint your game.
People acting like bitches these days, need to man up.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
lmao.....

Not liking a persons music is one thing but some of you guys go waaaayyyyyyyyyyy out of your way to totally demean the person and there music...a fucking person you don't even know...a person that could possibly save your life one day....who knows, shit happens.

What the fuck u gone do if your having a heart attack at Micky D's and Soulja boy is the only mufucka around with a celly....he reaches for the phone to call 911 and you say with your last dying breath "let me die, I hate u and your music...lmao If u just had a car accident, Gucci Mane cruises by in his Bentley stops at a wreck that you've been involved in and your baby moma went into premature labor...."nah Gucci...before I let your wack southern ass help me I'll eat my first born"....lmao

This shit is past not liking a persons music or a type of music. It's personal and you're a coward if you back track on that!

That East Coast West Coast beef was Real.....mufuckaz actually got merc'd over that shit,and more than Pac and Biggie. The level of HATE is crazy as fuck to me.

Hate the game not the player.....the game is not gonna swing back because a minority think it's "wack".
These dudes records are selling all over the world. Bad publicity is great publicity so keep starting threads saying how the south as a whole sucks musically, how this rapper that rapper is terrible..ones that are mulitplatinum at that. Just keep helping the ones that you detest keep raking in the doe....cause at the end of the day that's what you're doing. It's the reason why when someone type "Soulja boy" in any search engine your fucking computer screen damn near explodes.

They got what a lot of us only dream we had. That's the truth and the truth will set you free from southern bars of hate that confine you...lol

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah seriously. It's either "hip-hop" or "hip-pop" nowadays...

LDB: speaking of Soulja Boy, check out this video, and try not to vomit.

lmao.....

Not liking a persons music is one thing but some of you guys go waaaayyyyyyyyyyy out of your way to totally demean the person and there music...a fucking person you don't even know...a person that could possibly save your life one day....who knows, shit happens.

What the fuck u gone do if your having a heart attack at Micky D's and Soulja boy is the only mufucka around with a celly....he reaches for the phone to call 911 and you say with your last dying breath "let me die, I hate u and your music...lmao If u just had a car accident, Gucci Mane cruises by in his Bentley stops at a wreck that you've been involved in and your baby moma went into premature labor...."nah Gucci...before I let your wack southern ass help me I'll eat my first born"....lmao

This shit is past not liking a persons music or a type of music. It's personal and you're a coward if you back track on that!

That East Coast West Coast beef was Real.....mufuckaz actually got merc'd over that shit,and more than Pac and Biggie. The level of HATE is crazy as fuck to me.

Hate the game not the player.....the game is not gonna swing back because a minority think it's "wack".
These dudes records are selling all over the world. Bad publicity is great publicity so keep starting threads saying how the south as a whole sucks musically, how this rapper that rapper is terrible..ones that are mulitplatinum at that. Just keep helping the ones that you detest keep raking in the doe....cause at the end of the day that's what you're doing. It's the reason why when someone type "Soulja boy" in any search engine your fucking computer screen damn near explodes.

They got what a lot of us only dream we had. That's the truth and the truth will set you free from southern bars of hate that confine you...lol
So has Bill Gates, does that mean hes sick with a mic?

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I agree with the 2nd part of your argument LDB, 1st part kinda had me scratchin' my head homie......lol Its all good though. To tag onto your point, bottom line is there is an audience for everything..... so east, west, south or midwest (is there really a north??!?! lol) there are people in each of those regions that eat because they have a base thats diggin the shit out of em.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2

YouTube - DO DA STANKY LEGG BY: GS : MYSPACE.COM/THEMGSPOTBOYZ

the funnie thing about this song is these cats are prolly gonna sell records off of it. it is what it is. I try not to get into that "this is hot vs this is wack" debates anymore cause whatever people like to listen to they're gonna buy it. music is music just like art is art. If i shit on a canvas and smear it into a mona lisa painting some person will buy it.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
the funnie thing about this song is these cats are prolly gonna sell records off of it. it is what it is. I try not to get into that "this is hot vs this is wack" debates anymore cause whatever people like to listen to they're gonna buy it. music is music just like art is art. If i shit on a canvas and smear it into a mona lisa painting some person will buy it.

And scratch and sniff it!

Once again...your album is bananas....though I have no club that I could play it in down here U still get props from me. I respect your music for what it is.....if only others could do the same! 1 and a quarter!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

I didn't....it's a dance song.....I'm sure mad people will be doing it for the simple fact that kids like to dance and have fun. It's not about the lyrics of this song....it's about the dance. Stop trying to make kids dance songs into hip hop classic disgraces.

This shit is no diff't than the song from back in the day called "The Pee Wee herman", or any other dance inspired song. Lyrically they all were booty.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
lmao.....

lmao,,,that is some funny shit man. You got me rollin here. I feel what ya sayin. I dont disrespect someones grind. You out there makin pop music under the guise of Hip Hop,,then do you. It what it is now. Just don't call it Hip Hop Music. And who the fuck is Gucci Mane? (or do I not want to know?)

...also, I think there is a big hate on southern music here. Some cats hatin just to hate, and others are like me, who just appreciate certain cats from the south. shit, I can name mad east coast heads that are tru ass......

I think when it comes to us in the East, we see things from the Purist point of the 4 Elements. Thats what Hip Hop is to us.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
this is all a moot point. the mootest point ever.
both sides have a point.

first of all, i have nothing but contempt for soulja boy's music. I'm not mad at him making money but i can see how some people who sit down and pour their soul into music would get upset when they see some little kid rambling over a beat that took two minutes to make. Again, I hate his music but i do know that he is just part of the money making machine and he really has less to do with it than the record labels (who are trying to ride a horse until it dies)--therefore i'm not mad...his time has come and in my opinion, gone just as quickly.

on the other side, you can't hate the south as a whole. I refuse to believe that the south only makes strip club music...how was bombs over baghdad so big? that was a drum n bass song...and most of you do realize cee-lo (frontman of gnarles barkeley if i even have to specify) is a former member of goodie mob and fucked with dungeon fam. aka he's from atlanta. he's one of the more creative artists out. Did anyone listen to paper trail all the way through? yea it had some simple (some would call dumb) tracks...yea the singles were annoying, but there were some actually introspective and illuminating tracks on there.

the single is supposed to be kind of dumb, catchy, and ringtone-ish. I personally like substance when it comes time to listen to the whole album though. call me a hater or whatever.

the reason simple music sells is because record companies have found a way to commodify music and target it to a younger audience (the age group with the most disposable income). of course it's gonna have to be some nursery rhyme shit.

but getting mad about something like this is like getting mad at mcdonald's because their burgers arent good. mcdonalds isnt about the burgers...its about a formula that works and makes money. mcdonalds is easy, fast, and relatively cheap...if you want a gourmet burger go to a mom and pop shop. just don't act like mcdonald's is the truth in the culinary world.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Damn...do u stutter when u text....u doubling up and shit....lmao

Just fucking wit u but the shits funny!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The real funny thing is that this track is probably the ONLY track this guy has sold, or out of his catalog, has been the only song inquired about being bought!

Yep simple music doesn't sell....OH WAIT SOME OF THE MOST "SIMPLE" MUSIC EVER PRODUCED HAS SOLD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, from Country to RnB, to Jazz to Rock....I could keep going!

FACT OR FICTION?

Most requested song ever in hip hop/rap?

Most requested song ever in RnB?

It's the reason why he has a GIGANTIC home in HOLLYWOOD to this day and hasn't had a BIG hit since and probably never will have to have another BIG hit again. Royalties will roll in until this bitch stops spinning. Drop either of these songs in any club World Wide and watch the people move.

Produced by the same guy.....who is he?

It's funny how they use the 808's and call them annoying.....I guess Planet Rock was annoying. I guess hip-hop tracks made then were annoying.

808's are the beginning of hip-hop. Maybe a little repetitive, but it is what it is...