how to make garbage beats

T

The Arkitekt

lol @ "let's use the clap instead" and makin himself look retarted

vid was put together good

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i felt like the kick rhythm's off but maybe that was part of the joke...and the last track was dope but a little too much like a dre track but sounded good nonethless

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

The real funny thing is that this track is probably the ONLY track this guy has sold, or out of his catalog, has been the only song inquired about being bought!

Yep simple music doesn't sell....OH WAIT SOME OF THE MOST "SIMPLE" MUSIC EVER PRODUCED HAS SOLD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, from Country to RnB, to Jazz to Rock....I could keep going!

FACT OR FICTION?

Most requested song ever in hip hop/rap?

Most requested song ever in RnB?

It's the reason why he has a GIGANTIC home in HOLLYWOOD to this day and hasn't had a BIG hit since and probably never will have to have another BIG hit again. Royalties will roll in until this bitch stops spinning. Drop either of these songs in any club World Wide and watch the people move.

Produced by the same guy.....who is he?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
The real funny thing is that this track is probably the ONLY track this guy has sold, or out of his catalog, has been the only song inquired about being bought!

Yep simple music doesn't sell....OH WAIT SOME OF THE MOST "SIMPLE" MUSIC EVER PRODUCED HAS SOLD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, from Country to RnB, to Jazz to Rock....I could keep going!

FACT OR FICTION?

It's the reason why he has a GIGANTIC home in HOLLYWOOD to this day and hasn't had a BIG hit since and probably never will have to have another BIG hit again. Royalties will roll in until this bitch stops spinning. Drop either of these songs in any club World Wide and watch the people move.

whether it sells or not its still garbage and the video is funny as hell cuz thas pretty much the formula for every beat that is out and im glad more ppl notice and hate the same thing me and alot of others do

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
uuuhh....Rob Base?

Is he a producer? lol Has he produced a RnB hit?

whether it sells or not its still garbage and the video is funny as hell cuz thas pretty much the formula for every beat that is out and im glad more ppl notice and hate the same thing me and alot of others do

lmao...UNDERSTOOD...you're a certified HATER.... (let me use my best Ebonics here) "I BEEN NEW DAT"....lmao

It's all good...to each his own. Die hard hip hop heads will continue to "rag" on the south. The hate has spread World Wide. Shit, if we did what yall do then we wouldn't have our own brand. We mimic'd the east coast and the west coast along time, we weren't excepted then either. I can live with that, fuck it. Maybe this thing will come back full circle and the East Coast will be back on top of the food chain again. Hell, the East Coast hated on the West Coast when they took shit over. Two dudes even got killed over it. Shit hasn't happen down south yet....probably won't either. No coastal beef down here. I guess hating on other coast music just isn't in us. We've embraced everything that came before us.

We just produce "simple" music, smoke on hay, hit the clubs hard and spend money....and we actually "dance" while at these clubs too instead of "mean mugging" each other or spitting rhymes that only we can decipher while rocking "timbos and hoodies".....lol

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
...ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts ts!

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
FACT OR FICTION?

I'm trying to guess....... hmmmm Soulja Boy? hmmm... no wait... Lil Jon? .... hmmm I give up lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I'm trying to guess....... hmmmm Soulja Boy? hmmm... no wait... Lil Jon? .... hmmm I give up lol

DING DING DING....Give this man a Cigar! "Lil Jon" is the correct answer. You're a DJ..I expected you to know this anyway...lol

Songs:
"Get Low" Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz featuring the Ying Yang Twins

"Yeah" Usher and Lil Jon

Most requested and played hip hop & RnB songs EVER, World Wide!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
DING DING DING....Give this man a Cigar! "Lil Jon" is the correct answer. You're a DJ..I expected you to know this anyway...lol

Songs:
"Get Low" Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz featuring the Ying Yang Twins

"Yeah" Usher and Lil Jon

Most requested and played hip hop & RnB songs EVER, World Wide!

**jumps off bridge**

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
**jumps off bridge**

LMAO....I'm sure that little factoid makes the entire East Coast want to commit suicide "BUT IT IS WHAT IS IT".

Maybe it's not a "industry conspiracy thing",maybe it's not a "dumbing down hip hop thing". Maybe it's just that THE PEOPLE want 1) simple 2) catchy 3) shit they can actually dance to.

Those are world wide stats so is the "entire world" dumb or do we all need to look at music in another light? Hell, "LIFE" itself is complicated enough. Maybe people "world wide" want simplicity in there music. Maybe they don't want to have to have the thought process of what one would need in order to "decipher the Di Vinci Code" when it comes to there "enjoyment" of music. Might that be what its really about?

Something to think about!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
LMAO....I'm sure that little factoid makes the entire East Coast want to commit suicide "BUT IT IS WHAT IS IT".

Maybe it's not a "industry conspiracy thing",maybe it's not a "dumbing down hip hop thing". Maybe it's just that THE PEOPLE want 1) simple 2) catchy 3) shit they can actually dance to.

Those are world wide stats so is the "entire world" dumb or do we all need to look at music in another light? Hell, "LIFE" itself is complicated enough. Maybe people "world wide" want simplicity in there music. Maybe they don't want to have to have the thought process of what one would need in order to "decipher the Di Vinci Code" when it comes to there "enjoyment" of music. Might that be what its really about?

Something to think about!

It really is what it is. Another consideration we need to take in is that nowadays you have the suburbs into Hip Hop. The first time i really noticed suburb kids payin attention to Hip Hop was NWA. I think it kind of started there. "Fuck the police",,,dont get no simpler then that too. (Even tho the song had more meaning then its title) And when Eminem came out,,shit,,,that opened the flood gates. But what's complicated? Q-Tip aint complicated. Heltah Skeltah aint complicated. at the end of the day tho, nobody wants to hear anything but watered down, 3 finger note beats.

and for the record, i don't hate on the South. I was on the jugganots and Dungeon fam before anyone else where I'm from. I don't hate southern rappers, I hate wack rappers! lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I was on the jugganots and Dungeon fam before anyone else where I'm from. I don't hate southern rappers, I hate wack rappers! lol

It's all good. "It is what it is" and I except it.

There's a major difference in how people live and talk in the south compared to every other neck of the woods. We have our own code. Probably our own language down here. A different dialect of Ebonics....lmao It's not hard to see how diff't lyrical content from different regions of the country could be considered "wack" elsewhere.

To be honest, back in the day Emcees from the south where influenced in a major way from northern Emcees there for they mimic'd them lyrically. Time passed and Rapper/Emcees down here found there own voice. Country and twangish as it maybe it's understood down here.

I guess in reality if most people up top think hip hop is dead then Emceeing died with it. lmao, but of course nothing died until people up top stop'd moving massive amounts of records. It's just another chapter in the book. I'm cool with producing rap music and getting down with rappers.

These type discussions come up on ILL every few months to no avail. I don't take it personal, at the end of the day I'm in "the bottoms" and shits all gravy in the south. "We ain't going no where", we're here to stay, hate it of love it! If they never played another southern hip hop song up top cats down here would still eat just fine. Most ATL rappers don't even have to leave the state to get paid. They can do three 20 minute shows from Friday to Sunday at the local clubs and get broke off 25hundred to 5 grand. Some get that just for letting dudes put there name on the flyers for advertisement.

DJ EThical

ill o.g.
Hip-hop has indeed simplified, production, lyrically, but its the culture that eats it up. Mainstream music is what sells...no matter how much i hate it. and of course the industry lives and dies on money.

members online