HD Rig

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Exactly, 24 i/o + 2x 8 micpre for little less then $4k.

Also, look at a Motu 8pre vs Focusrite Octopre MKII. The motu has fooled many people in blind tests but from my experience i'd prefer a multi mic pre with individual phantom power switching instead of switching entire banks like the Focusrite.

This. I don't like to use my interface pre's at all, infact I never use em. I have a Appogey 8 input, 4 pre interface now, but looking at a motu 24/io for my Focusrite Control 2802 controller/console + my Trident summing amp, and my Univeral Audio La610 MkII preamp/comp.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ yeah but mainly aiming there at something digital with 8mic pres.

Question though, whats wrong with summing on audient ?(vs the trident summer).

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^ yeah but mainly aiming there at something digital with 8mic pres.

Question though, whats wrong with summing on audient ?(vs the trident summer).
I do sum on the audient/focusrite, however it has no EQ's. I use the trident for the eq's and for a diff flavor pre if I need it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I do sum on the audient/focusrite, however it has no EQ's. I use the trident for the eq's and for a diff flavor pre if I need it.

ah ofc..hehe the focusrite only uses the signal path of the audient, the rest are just controllers. I figured you're using the oram/trident, it got a lot of crappy responses afaik way back, how is it doing for you ?

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ah ofc..hehe the focusrite only uses the signal path of the audient, the rest are just controllers. I figured you're using the oram/trident, it got a lot of crappy responses afaik way back, how is it doing for you ?

For side work that I do at my place, it works great when used as a simple outboard EQ. I didn't pay anywhere near the 5,000 it was retailing for at one point. I traded my korg M3(have enough plug ins, plus a fantom and korg r3 synth) for it and my mbox3 pro(had no use for it when I got it, free). So for what I got it for, it's good. Though if I had to pick between the SSL 4000 eq's at my work and the trident? Well that's a no brainer.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Yeah thats a no brainer though we decided not to opt an ssl4k+ and skip the use of an entire console in favor of a cleaner signalpath. Mynx not an option for you ?

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah thats a no brainer though we decided not to opt an ssl4k+ and skip the use of an entire console in favor of a cleaner signalpath. Mynx not an option for you ?

Lynx? I could probably get one, though I'm not sure I have the need at the moment. The motu offers 24 i/o, which is nice for patching different things in, and for summing on the 2802. However, I am hesitant to drop 3200 on an aurora 16 when I rarely get time to record people at my place these days. 18-48 hour days at work can make that impossible. I'll send you a pm with my cell, though, hit me up.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^ I meant the ssl mynx for small format processing modules, their E series EQ module the 4k one.

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/special/summer_mynx.asp

lol, my bad, yea, I can afford a mynx, but with the hours I get at my studio? what I have now is fine. Waka loved the sound, Slim Dunkin(RIP) loved it too, rivaled the big atlanta studio they had been paying a lot more to work in they said. So i'll continue with that until my money gets bigger, soon I hope.

members online