HD Rig

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
LMAO @ dp! We already see your view on this...hahaha, but let me try to answer your questions....what kind? - being that this is the digidesign forum, my guess is that it's a good possibility ummm PT? (hahaha, still laughing at you). and why? - because he wants to upgrade - just a wild guess on that one! hahahaha!

I fuk'n luv illmuzik...you guys are ill for real!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Dac

sigh, there are multiple PT HD rigs. I was wondering what HD rig he was looking at. And my view is that every pro studio should be running Pro tools HD.

But at a minimum entry price of 10k I want to make sure the rest of his gear is up to snuff.

I am Pro tool certified you know :)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm a Pro at being a Tool and I'm certified as well =)

and stop sighing at me, what would we be if we didn't give each other HELL?

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Dude, the world would end!

charlie-sigh.jpg

ha ha :)

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I think right now DP is saying u want a Brand new G6 Jet but you don't have a pilots license to fly. In other words, your money would be more well spent on upgrading things like your monitors and other surrounding gear before you look at the HD rig.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
yea LDB, that is exactly right.

Your monitors are by far your most important part of your rig, drop a couple of grand on nice monitors. Upgrade your mics, make sure your room has acoustic treatment. Get some nice pre's all those things make a huge difference in your sound. Get all that done, then maybe look at an HD rig. I do think a real Pro studio should run an HD rig. But right now you would be putting a Ferrari engine in a ford Taurus.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
yeah thats what im gettin at, now eventually imma have to get rid of the 1884, the monitors are goin to be replace very soon, my room is treated, took care of that last yr. suggestions for mics, what pre's and im building a 12 core pc. what monitors? im lookin for suggestions/ideas, thanks again

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
well i do alot of it all, we are working with a live band, i record my artist,we do commercial dubs, so i stay a lil busy, i want to put out the best sound recordings i can, my studio i would like to be known for a nice sound ya know? like i said, im lookin at a few options, i was looking at that saffire 56 joint and a mackie mcu, that would replace my 1884, i like the krk 8's and the yamaha hs80 i played with those at GC and the krks at a local studio. tryin to see what are some options, i mean hell if PT native is based off my pc i may aswell build a beast! and stay how i am...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ because he's looking at a HD rig when PT9 works with all i/o now. Imo, the ssl alphalink already sounds better than the latest hd rig (or if you have a hd rig already look at the ssl deltalink).

members online