Check this dudes flow..who is this cat?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
u got a point steez .. dude needs parental guidance not producer guidance lmao j/k... but it is a struggle finding the RIGHT cat/crew to work with. For all the music that is being made this day in age, alot of it just really isnt that good lol....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
but it is a struggle finding the RIGHT cat/crew to work with. For all the music that is being made this day in age, alot of it just really isnt that good lol....
Please believe that! - But i found it gets progressively easier as you grow as a producer and put yourself out there more. The more gigs you become a part of and the more people you touch and get down with tend to start a chain reaction and from there more and more people wanna get down and the tendency is to step your game up each time.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
well, in an extreme case of irony,,, it looks as though we might get a chance to do a session with this dude. He is coming to ny soon and we are on his list of producers to meet with. If anything happens we will keep u informed.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
The Marvo team-up, nice hook up.
I thought the kid had a good flow, definitely better than 99% of MC's on the radio these days. MC's who can flow and got rhythm to blend in with a beat are a dying breed, most of them rap over a beat instead of inside of it.
I miss the Slick Rick / Biz Markie type day in the life rhymes about reality, agreed the subject matter is so tired...

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I see a bigwig getting hold of this kid and trying to turn him into a love-rap balladeer for all the women i.e. Yung Berg, Bow Wow, late 90's Ja Rule et al.

With the right management he could be a Lil' Wayne, but unless his manager is a big shot that has the leverage to do that -- the manager will probably sell out this kid.

Ash -- do you know what angle the manager is approaching you from -- a definite commercial angle?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's a guarantee that this dude is "under contract" with somebody who's "somebody"! He may be the type that jumps ship to anybody he thinks can get him in the game therefore fucking up his career or any potential there of. As soon as you do some work with the kid (minus a manager) prepare for the Ravens, Crows, Condors and Buzzards to start circling overhead unless you speak to his manager. There's nothing worse than putting in you're time and money just to receive a "cease and desist" order from somebody that has paper work on him. BUT I'M SURE YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS!

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
ill flow but nothing new, he's no different from a typical "gun play punchline rapper" which in my opinon he's not saying anything. but i'm sure with the RIGHT production and RIGHT people behind him aswell as concepts worth rhyming about he would be a dope artist. hell if Lupe can rhyme about shit thats way over ya head than this cat shouldnt have a problem.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
^^^ Given that hes open minded enough in the first place to even play ball.^^^ Otherwise dudes just gonna try to spit the same stuff over better beats. Good luck tho guys. Maybe you can whip him into shape? You never know.

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.

divineaspex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol, i swear i knew who u were talking about by the title this post alone. i heard the same track like 2 weeks ago, and was in awe. he is like 21 though.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
dude obviously has skills whether we like or dislike what he's saying...nobody can make everyone happy but thats not the point of this thread...the point is, classic and others feel like the kid has something going for himself and they are interested in his work...so whats wrong with that?

this is like those "other" threads that turn into a "I know somebody better, or my computer is faster..." type threads. y'all need some hot monkey sex.

peace kings,

dac