Check this dudes flow..who is this cat?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Class,

His multis and wordplay are impressive. I'm assuming he is probably a good battle-rapper, despite his age. The meter to the flow is great as well. The kid's manager should consider using a better song to showcase him.

Sincerely,
God

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Lyrically the kid is "bananas"! He looks like a real young dude. Don Cannon ain't playing in '08. My only knock on the kid is his look and his voice. The voice is a little weak to me. I'm sure he'll grow into it.....that's if he ain't a madd smoker. Smoking is fucking up a lot of catz voices. Back in the day if you smoked the labels wouldn't fuck with you. After some albums they would give you a pass but off the rip...hell no...they wasn't fucking with smokers! An old friend of mine would have been the first artist signed to LaFace had he been able to stop. He couldn't and a few years later he got merk'd!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yeah this is dope .. dude reminds me of me and boys when we used to write rhymes and trade verses at lunchtime back in high school... dudes def looks pretty young .. his voice prolly hasnt grown into itself yet but he will get there.. i thought it was pretty ill overall.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
hes nuttin i havent heard before..hes talkin guns like every rapper out...

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Ok ok....that's heat! Dudes problem is that most under 30 will never be able to relate....I said most!!!! We know for a fact he's speaking "Chinese" to high schools kids.....sad but true!
No the problem is this shit is being promoted and put on the shelf. The problem is we got record companies talking about putting out fresh talent when they just get new faces to put out the same ole bullshit. The problem is I aint heard shit new... the problem is I aint heard shit dope...the problem is I have'nt heard anything uplifting in Hip Hop. The world loved Hip Hop when you could be uplifted by it. Dont get me wrong young dude gotta good flow...but his shit aint hot! It aint uplifting. If he got to a point where this kid could rhyme about different life experiences other than streetlife...everybody lives the streetlife...we all know what that intells, everybody lives the streetlife, the streetlife is no longer intimidating, the mysticism of the streetlife has far diminished, no one cares about the streetlife because it no longer has a tough authentic look that eveyone was so afraid of back in the day. I have started to break out my ole school collection of music that has substance...hell right now I'm listening to "Picking Boogers" by BIZ MARKIE. Even the subject matter of this song is more original and "more realer" than anything these little studio gangsters portray nowadays. How many of you mufuckas pick ya nose on that drive home from work? I'm just saying until cats like Jay Electronica get the shine they deserve...I'ma stay on my wack mc smear campeign. Oh yeah only top notch emcees can determine whether someones flow is up to par...if you never wrote a rhyme you need to get someone else to critique an emcees flow. Classic you might need to try and find Jay Electronica and try to work something out. Dont try to put these young "Gimmicks" over your beats man...they too dope to be wasting.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
No the problem is this shit is being promoted and put on the shelf. The problem is we got record companies talking about putting out fresh talent when they just get new faces to put out the same ole bullshit. The problem is I aint heard shit new... the problem is I aint heard shit dope...the problem is I have'nt heard anything uplifting in Hip Hop. The world loved Hip Hop when you could be uplifted by it. Dont get me wrong young dude gotta good flow...but his shit aint hot! It aint uplifting. If he got to a point where this kid could rhyme about different life experiences other than streetlife...everybody lives the streetlife...we all know what that intells, everybody lives the streetlife, the streetlife is no longer intimidating, the mysticism of the streetlife has far diminished, no one cares about the streetlife because it no longer has a tough authentic look that eveyone was so afraid of back in the day. I have started to break out my ole school collection of music that has substance...hell right now I'm listening to "Picking Boogers" by BIZ MARKIE. Even the subject matter of this song is more original and "more realer" than anything these little studio gangsters portray nowadays. How many of you mufuckas pick ya nose on that drive home from work? I'm just saying until cats like Jay Electronica get the shine they deserve...I'ma stay on my wack mc smear campeign. Oh yeah only top notch emcees can determine whether someones flow is up to par...if you never wrote a rhyme you need to get someone else to critique an emcees flow. Classic you might need to try and find Jay Electronica and try to work something out. Dont try to put these young "Gimmicks" over your beats man...they too dope to be wasting.

Come on Skid....I know you're a lil aggy right now but let's be serious for a minute! Do you really think the kids of the "Soldier boy" era could comprehend 4 bars of what dude spits? real talk! HELLFUCKNO! U know it....I know it. When you have a drop out rate in the greatest country in the world of 50% that means the system is failing the kids. Period! Got nothing to do with labels, promotion, hip hop or anything in music. You think that 50% all listen to hip hop? NOPE! Everything that once made America great is in the toilet right about now. Hip hop and music is such a finite contributor til it's basically non existent! In most inner city schools the kids aren't even allowed to bring home text books anymore!! wtf is up with that. That has nothing to do with hip hop. That's systematic genocide of the brain! Kill the head and the body will surely die! The battle that lies ahead is not a racial issue like many think...that's the "fake out move". It'll be more like the haves against the have nots. Rich against the poor. If the middle class disappears like everyone seems to be predicting what will be left?

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
So why the fuck do we make the music we make. I know I aint trying to dum my shit down for this kiddie shit. Cats over 25 will buy music again if its shit out here that they can relate too. Thats what people do...they buy shit they can relate too. The kids can have that type of "Soldier Boy" flava...but other options need to be provided to the kids. I'm sure a record company could develop a young mc into being a dope, lyrical, thought provoking, positive artist just the same as they do the opposite and young fans and artist will follow suit. Another thing, these young artist should be looking for longevity in the game and with the music that they are putting out...you forget about that ignorant shit in a year after its released but most of the time no one forgets anything that has a MESSAGE. Some people seek to entertain and get paid off they music, some want to entertain, get paid, and educate with music. It just so happens now that the powers that be does'nt want any music with substance out and about, and when you dum down your music to cash in on a check...its a price that comes with that, just as it is a price you pay when you stay true to your shit.

I wanna add something: cats can come on here talking about big label stratagies and shit and its all well and good...I appreciate the insite. But its obvious that the music industry is hurting and the decisions being made is half ass and not a good reflection on sales and profits. Just make good music, promote it properly and we will buy.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
The problem is much much much bigger than hip hop or music homie. I feel you but you have to know that hip hop is neither the problem nor the solution for the ignorance that runs rapid in ghettos and the suburbs alike! Music is just a victim of the dumbing down of "people" as a whole.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
A group called Oddjobs flipped that sample a while back in like 03, i liked that joint better but as far as the kids rhymeskills, hes just aiight to me. He does have somethin about him though but content-wise i aint hearin anything that i havent heard before and its def not progressive.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
hes nuttin i havent heard before..hes talkin guns like every rapper out...

well yall gotta realise im listeing to dudes flow with a producers "ear"
This is the type of talent that me and holmz are looking for.. While his content may not be up to par... his flow is undeniable.. content with develope with maturitity and the right direction. I feel if i had a chance to work with a cat like this for a project i could bring that out of him with my production and guidence.

But that flow man.. you cant teach that, you got it our you dont, and he gots it..
Classic you might need to try and find Jay Electronica and try to work something out. Dont try to put these young "Gimmicks" over your beats man...they too dope to be wasting.
Lol i feel you fam, Jay Electronica is tight, ive know about him since 05, and i would love the opperunitity to work with him as well, but i feel like his flow is alot more established and mature. so its pretty much set it stone what your gonna get..(which is dope as hell by the way).
A group called Oddjobs flipped that sample a while back in like 03, i liked that joint better but as far as the kids rhymeskills, hes just aiight to me. He does have somethin about him though but content-wise i aint hearin anything that i havent heard before and its def not progressive.
What makes this young cat marvo so exciting to me is that his flow is raw and needs direction. As a producer there is nothing more exciting. You can start to really develop him as an artist instead of having him spit 16 bars and a hook on your track. For example alot of cats in this thread aint feeling his content or what he is saying etc..
Let the smashbrothers get and oppertunitity to produce an EP with this cat.. If the was kid is humble and willing to work.. I gurantee the cats who werent feeling dude would be singing a different tune.

This is my utlimate goal anyways..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I mean, its cool to be able to mold an artist if you get the opportunity but its much easier to just bypass all that bullshit and find an artist thats really about what your about in the first place otherwise your puttin way more work than necessary. You should still be able to help mold your artist(s), but hopefully in the same lyrical context that your livin' in, cuz if you aint on the same page with dude theres an automatic conflict right there. But like your sayin - dude has a pretty ill flow, hes just jaded by the typical nonsense. Kids got the world ahead of him tho. Hes not a old fohgy like some of us! lol.