Can someone explain to me what this is? YaHHHH!!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCmYyG-yg4"]YouTube - Soulja Boy Tellem - YAHHH - OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO[/ame]

Where is the industry going? lol. I will admit to getting wild to Souljah Boy's "Crank That" in the club, and probably will get wild to this too. But this shit really is silly. Very funny but very silly too. I find it amazing that record label executives gave this the go ahead, they got balls lol. What on earth is "YAHRRHHHH". Club music keeps getting dumber.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
the 1st time is saw this on BET, i turned to Dr Phil.

all those people that used ta complain about 80s and 90s Hip Hop... i bet u wishin for it now, arent you... foolz.

Jadakiss was absolutely correct when he said "if BIG was still alive, these cats out here would be sayin, welcome to McDonald's, may i take ur order...lol

da relic

G

greenguy

Great to here others are befuddled by this "tomfoolery" as I am. Yaaahhhh? Whats next for Pop Hop aka dancy rap

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
One "rapper" don't make the world go round! Number one "dude is not hip hop"...if you call it that then STOP! He's not "running the game". He's a modern day "dumb" Hammer. Dude got on for his ability to come up with catchy dances. Just like Hammer "this to will pass".

I cram to understand why erry now and then so much attention is given to Soulja boy on this forum. He sells to one big ass "dumb" demo graphic. The attention should be turned from this dude and his music to the kids who flock to his music like it was a Michael Jackson classic joint. His music actually speaks volumes for the state of our youth and the failure of the American education system.

One big "hot damn shame" if you ask me...so don't ask me. Stop giving this ignant youngsta shine on this hip hop site PLEASE! Even bad publicity is good publicity in the entertainment field!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
HAHAHAHAH!!! I just saw this, wow, its worse than the first one!! HAHA!
What kind of english grades do you think sb gets?
If you think that fucked up speaking is an act like with Lil John ?? Then peep this!!

First kid that Yahhs me is getting his teeth rearranged.

For laughs check these brothas

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
people gon get mad at me, and i aint saying i like it, but shit is MAAAAAD original n creative. i cant hate on the boy for wanting to get some cake. and collipark is behind it all. and hes damn near in his 40s. so its not only the youth of america cause there are some GOOD schools out there. its also the people who RUN the industry and LET this shit run the radio. i think theres alot of dudes on this site that would do almost the same shit just to get put on. that aint sellin out, thats listening to what the people want and what sells records.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
people gon get mad at me, and i aint saying i like it, but shit is MAAAAAD original n creative. i cant hate on the boy for wanting to get some cake. and collipark is behind it all. and hes damn near in his 40s. so its not only the youth of america cause there are some GOOD schools out there. its also the people who RUN the industry and LET this shit run the radio. i think theres alot of dudes on this site that would do almost the same shit just to get put on. that aint sellin out, thats listening to what the people want and thats what sells records.

This is just what i just said in the GREAT DEBAT Thread.
People make music from a business point of view. They want to make money..... fast. People aren't doing it for the love of music. They use it as a quick cash cow..

And if you believe a lotta people on this site would do it. Then you are part of the problem. You are accepting the course that music has been moving in the past few years..

Make Music, Not Money..

If you want to make money, pick up a book and study, don't be so goddamn lazy!

Not meant personal in any way"!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
what u guys fail to realize is that this is kids music ... i dont get why some of yall is so mad ...... imma grown ass man so i just dont pay attention to souljah boi... he's smart .. he found a lane and he making success of it... our parents hated our music just the same as we dont like soulja boi or whoever. its the same shit .. people need to stop running their mouths and start actually making music that you can appreciate. We can complain and bicker all we want, complaining on forums aint gonna change the music industry. Make some music for yourself, get some fans, and make a lane for yourself. And Yes, if u reach success, people will start hate threads about YOUR music too... lol .. thats just the way it goes.. you can spectate or you can dictate.

I disagree about soulja boi "knowing whats hot" or whatever. I dont really think he thought it through like that. I think dude was just being himself and doin what he does and happened to catch a break. Trust me if you try to mimick what he did you would look like a damn fool. ... Fuck following trends..... Put out music that you truly believe in and you are guranteed a success. Even if its just your own satisfaction. If you are always trying to make whats on the charts, you will just be a jack of all trades and a master of none. You wont have your own brand/style, and your music will most likely be lost in the shuffle and forgetable. Soulja boi did something new, and people hate him for it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I dont hate him for doing somthing new at all, I dont like his music because its friggin ignant sounding and MY music that I try and make is opposite in everyway.
I dont like any hiphop that perpetuates stereotypes. The argument that our parents didnt like the music so we shouldnt is only half valid, since my kid has been living with me Ive been turning her on to "Old School" hiphop and without any probing at all she pipes off with "This is waaaay better than what I usually hear".
Then her teacher was playing La-di-da-di in class(Gah I love gen x LOL) and now my girl is feinin to get a copy of that and all about some Slick Rick like we were.Believe me if I had tried to get her to be like that it would have never worked !
SO what Im saying is that there IS some god new stuff out now adays but garbage is garbage..
John Wayne rap anyone?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^ i feel u but its kids music ...made by a kid for kids ........ .. Do u make music for kids? ... is soulja boi stealing your fans or something? how is what he is doing affecting your grind? soulja boi isnt hip hop .. it was never meant to be hip hop ... its club music for kids and teenie boppers.. i dont see how its ignorant .. it is what it is ... its not ignorant ... the dudes making songs encouraging dope dealing, lazyness, and gang affilition is ignorant. people thinking that if u went to jail or got shot that ur cool are ignorant ... i could care less about some lil dude inventing new dances. Dancehall music has been making songs about new dances for decades. Its nothing new

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
yeah i've always felt the same away about the kid's music^^^^

Dude was 16, posted this music his made on his own - produced in his bedroom for him and his friends - on the web and it blew the fuck up. Then the kid is out there on TV and selling hell of ringtones and folks get mad. I mean, shouldn't these folks be appreciating that a kid can create his own sound and it just bulldozes over the pop music that record and management companies have invested so much into?

I wish I were in high school to fully appreciate him...