Beat This! Beat This! Competition - September 18-19, 2024

• beat this! (sep 18-19) signup begins in...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from September 18-19th! See the information below.

*** This is the first Beat This! of the new battle season! ***

Signups

The signups will be on September 18th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on September 19th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/ranks/cat/bthis/

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2024091819.jpg

Its funny because I just barely saw this myself. I never knew you had charts or anything
then good luck with your potential newfound addiction.

Years. You haven't been nerding out on the stats like @Armani?
Stats for Highest Points-per-entry (or KDA to put it more artistically) within the top 30:

1. Andrei Claudiu: 15.45 (freaky guy)
2. 2GooD Productions: 12.84 (what a goat)
3. Arkitekt: 11.95
4. djfeedme: 11.88
5. dacalion: 11.26 (love him. who doesn't?)
6. SwayeeBoogie: 10.96
7. crog85: 8.27 (absolute mobster lobster)
8. TWU: 8.26 (what a beast)
9. Memento Beats: 7.87 (auramaxxed)
10. S3oulC1ty: 7.80 (don't fw a classic man)

11. NonxG: 7.08
12. Sucio: 6.90 (gangster with connections with deep canada. also known as "Le Sucieaux" in Montreal)
13. Armani: 6.39 ("the kid")
14. Delta Skeltah: 6.31 (sssssssssssssssssssssss)
15. ConspiracyMuzik: 5.95
16. Face Valid: 5.84
17. JP hardboiled: 5.71 (underdog with roots)
18. Primz: 5.67 (he's a menace, don't let his appearance fool you)
19. Iron Keys: 5.56 (has that certain something)
20. SJAMBOK BEATS: 5.37

21. K-waz: 5.35 (goes without sayin)
22. GuttaTennekey: 4.92
23. ThE_SiRe_BeAtS: 4.84 (los vagos socks guy)
24. DJ Excellence: 4.09 (possibly lesbian)
25. V.J. Retro: 4.00 (hella funny)
26. Vossi Beats: 3.83
27. InsideOutBeats: 3.28 (owns the lobby)
28. NONONESENSEBEATS: 3.20
29. oninkaf: 2.5
30. Fury Beats: 1.94

this andrei guy was a freak. he only has 20 beats on the site but at some point I listened to all of them. turns out they're all fire. wonder if he'd be able to keep up the same numbers if he was around now. same question you'd ask pele ig. also who tf is arkitekt? ig must've been mad easy to grab the ez points at some point. he's probably the bican of the lobby.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
then good luck with your potential newfound addiction.

Stats for Highest Points-per-entry (or KDA to put it more artistically) within the top 30:

1. Andrei Claudiu: 15.45 (freaky guy)
2. 2GooD Productions: 12.84 (what a goat)
3. Arkitekt: 11.95
4. djfeedme: 11.88
5. dacalion: 11.26 (love him. who doesn't?)
6. SwayeeBoogie: 10.96
7. crog85: 8.27 (absolute mobster lobster)
8. TWU: 8.26 (what a beast)
9. Memento Beats: 7.87 (auramaxxed)
10. S3oulC1ty: 7.80 (don't fw a classic man)

11. NonxG: 7.08
12. Sucio: 6.90 (gangster with connections with deep canada. also known as "Le Sucieaux" in Montreal)
13. Armani: 6.39 ("the kid")
14. Delta Skeltah: 6.31 (sssssssssssssssssssssss)
15. ConspiracyMuzik: 5.95
16. Face Valid: 5.84
17. JP hardboiled: 5.71 (underdog with roots)
18. Primz: 5.67 (he's a menace, don't let his appearance fool you)
19. Iron Keys: 5.56 (has that certain something)
20. SJAMBOK BEATS: 5.37

21. K-waz: 5.35 (goes without sayin)
22. GuttaTennekey: 4.92
23. ThE_SiRe_BeAtS: 4.84 (los vagos socks guy)
24. DJ Excellence: 4.09 (possibly lesbian)
25. V.J. Retro: 4.00 (hella funny)
26. Vossi Beats: 3.83
27. InsideOutBeats: 3.28 (owns the lobby)
28. NONONESENSEBEATS: 3.20
29. oninkaf: 2.5
30. Fury Beats: 1.94

this andrei guy was a freak. he only has 20 beats on the site but at some point I listened to all of them. turns out they're all fire. wonder if he'd be able to keep up the same numbers if he was around now. same question you'd ask pele ig. also who tf is arkitekt? ig must've been mad easy to grab the ez points at some point. he's probably the bican of the lobby.

I wonder how many high ranking from Beat Fights. Almost feel like that battle shouldn't count in the scheme of things.

People getting Ws from Warzone and Beat This is real numbers.

Side note: dunno how I 6/6 in Beat Fights I think 3/3 in Beat It Up but don't do as well in Warzone (all pretty much 1v1 battles).

I wonder how many high ranking from Beat Fights. Almost feel like that battle shouldn't count in the scheme of things.

People getting Ws from Warzone and Beat This is real numbers.

Side note: dunno how I 6/6 in Beat Fights I think 3/3 in Beat It Up but don't do as well in Warzone (all pretty much 1v1 battles).
well I did a little bit of nerding out & turns out the 3 minor battles act as a mediator. so if you're aiming for elite numbers n already do wonders in majors, they'd bring your stats down if anything, but if you're not doing good in warzone/beat this! they'll bring up your PPE to somewhere respectable. usually somewhere around 5.1 to 6.8, which makes sense because statistically -imagining that you're the average battler- you get

Battle That!:
12.5 points from battle that! - 100.00 max - 1.00 min

Majors:
5.6 points from warzone (full house) - 30.00 max - 1.00 min
beat this depends on entries. - 20.00 max - 1.00 min

Minors:
6.5 points from beat fight - 10.00 max - 3.00 min
4.3 points from beat it up - 10.00 max - 1.00 min
1.0 point from aotb - 5.00 max - 1.00 min

which basically means a lot of minor battles move your ppe to around 5.04. (3.93 if you also join a lot of aotb's which explains oninkaf's "poor" performance).

the key that gives beat fights it's mediator role is the minmax, especially that "3.00" min detail. not only they're usually easier to win, you cannot come out of a beat fight with less than 3 points.
in that sense, the best ppe minor battles can get you is if you ONLY join beat fights in which case, best case scenario, you're getting something just a bit less than 10.00 ppe, which only gets you above crog on 7th place. if you wanna be top 5, you still need elite performances. you know how elite elite needs to be when even crog can't get up in there. a fine example would be; swayee could've entered that top 5 if he hadn't joined any beat fights/beat it ups. those 2 actually reduce his ppe rather than increase it.

on the other hand, a full-house Warzone gets you a 5.06 ppe on average, which is already higher than 5.04. sure, it doesn't have the 3.00 min safenet, but it has the exact same average ppe rate while it maxes at 30.00 instead of 10.00 which is huge! not only that, a 4th place in warzone is worth the same 10 points you'd get in a beat fights 1st place, so as long as you're not completely shite, warzone-fasting can eaaaaaaasily keep your ppe in a euro league spot, if not a UCL spot. in general, if ppemaxxing is what you're going for, this is the meta strat:

1. mix the shit out of every beat, don't send anything in unfinished. 0.00/0.00 always does better for your ppe than 5.00/1.00 (considering you get bronze).

2. join every battle that, beat fight & warzone. warzones are your best friend.

3. only join beat this! if it's a really hard theme (not as many entries). otherwise, not an efficient choice in normal circumstances. even a W against 26 other entries is only worth 20p whereas with warzone, you get 30p and you're never going against more than 15. better yet, you're only facing 4 of those 15 entries.

4. never join beat it ups & aotbs. especially aotbs. a W in aotb leaves u with only 2 more points than an L at beat fights. 1 aotb W is worth the same as an infamous beat this! bronze. 6 aotb Ws are only worth 1 warzone W. and beat it ups give you the same numbers as beat fights but they're just less efficient, why not keep your beats for beat fights?

anyway I feel like PPE is not exactly what we need to calculate because it encourages less entries which is the last thing corporate needs in these dire days. not only that, beat this! & aotb are literally the coolest fucking battles on this site and they give out the least ppe. if this becomes an official ill stat, we'd have mfs joining NOTHING all year and givin us 50 entries on battle that! cuz they're aiming for some dumbass "100.00" ppe while #2 has 12.84 or sumn lmfao. this system needs to be enhanced in order to function. I WILL keep trying to come up with a system that celebrates major battle stats above minors tho. currently 2 of the 4 main categories in the "Latest Beat Battle Results" page favor the minor battles, while none specifically favor majors.

anyway, fun math homework. gotsta keep the brain braining lmao.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
3. only join beat this! if it's a really hard theme (not as many entries). otherwise, not an efficient choice in normal circumstances. even a W against 26 other entries is only worth 20p whereas with warzone, you get 30p and you're never going against more than 15. better yet, you're only facing 4 of those 15 entries.

Nice nerding.

But for me here's the thing...

Beat This: W = 10
Warzone: W = 1

Beat fights 6/6

Please make that Warzone stat make sense. If I'm smoking 1v1, and doing fairly decent in 1 v 27 battle royale.
Why am I not getting Ws in a 4x 1v1 with only 16.
I don't think I ever make it out of R2. Which is why I don't bother.